mini excercise goal...for a couch potato!

• So, I'm focused, feel informed about my new path and my spouse is on board.
    It's time for me to get off the couch, stop complaining that I don't have time...and take a walk.
    For October-my mini-goal is to walk 5x/week and by November, I want to add jogging to that! I just read some great posts on jogging at any size and I hope I can do it!
  • Good luck! You can do it!!!!!
  • check out: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    You can walk and start running with C25k.
    I was a serious couch potato. Now I love running. Fun program you can do outdoors or on a treadmill.

You can do it!
  • Good luck!
  • thanks all! @josey- I'll check that out-I desire to have the motivation...I just dn't, yet! I walked today and it was harder than I thought-which is why I need to do it frequently to make it a habit!
  • I've been jogging since i was 200 lbs. I know you can do this! working out is scary at first but the first step is getting on your sneakers and leaving the house. after that, it's a piece of cake! you can do it!
  • I've walked twice this week and will get another one in this weekend-Josey- I looked at that link and LOVE it- I downloaded the podcasts and plan to use them- I'm still a JR member with less than 20 daysso I can't PM yet but will connect soon.
    I love the mini-goals forum-very inspiring!
  • @margarita124 Glad you like it! Running is one of the best things you can do to lose weight and you will have nice legs soon :-)
    I didn't realize you can't PM until the 20 days are over. I thought it is just links and the ticker. But I can wait :-) or we can talk here.
  • A friend of mine started the C25K program last year and is now addicted to the "runner's high"... she's running 1/2 marathons now and has lost a total of 45 lbs. I'm trying to follow in her (running) shoes. I'm with you about how hard it is to start... stick with it! We'll both get there!