Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #1  
Fat & Frustrated

S/C/G: 185/173/140

Height: 5'5

Cool Hope I Don't Rebound this Time..

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, and was looking for some advice..or motivation, to keep my diet going, and found this website! Hopefully this will help me follow my diet! So I wanted to introduce myself...here goes:

Story of my life:
When I was little, I was always a skinny kid, until I hit about 7 or 8 years old and I blew up. I blame my dad for this, always spoiling me with fatty foods. My mom says she would sometimes catch him giving me a fried chicken leg dipped in mashed potatoes and gravy when I was less than a year old! And since I didn't have to worry about my weight, I kept eating like this. Needless to say, this effects me now as a 20 year old.

When I was around 15, I lived in Mexico and fell in love! So I would be out all day and come back starving at night, just to find that my cousins had only left me leftover vegetables. Thanks to this "diet", I was weighing around 150 (the skinniest I've ever been). I remember still feeling fat at this weight, (especially since everyone in Mexico seemed to be super thin and perfect without dieting/exercise), which is why my goal weight is 140. But I still remember at least feeling close to "average" weight at that time. Now I just feel huge!

So to make a long story short, I had to move back to Chicago, making my perfect relationship.... a long distance one. I was so depressed, I just ate and ate to stop feeling "empty"...I got to 200 lbs (my highest). Since then, I've done a lot of fad-diets, and even tried exercising and eating right, and my average weight these past few years seems to be around 175. The closest I've ever been to my goal weight, was 160. I find that I eat the most when I'm on vacation, and go back to Mexico to visit my boyfriend, (or when he comes here). Usually we just want to take advantage that we have about a month to be together as much as possible, and that usually means going to expensive restaurants every day. I know this is bad, but I usually tell myself, "I'll just diet when the vacation is over..", and I do! But it's so hard getting past the 170 mark! If I go up to 185, I can get back to 170 in about a week with just dieting, but after that..well in 6 years I've only gotten to 160 once.

So right now, I'm at 173. My 21st birthday is coming up (October 17th..party on Oct. 29th), and I'd like to lose weight for this day. But most of all, I want to lose as much weight as possible, by December 10th. That's the day I go back to Mexico for winter break, I'll be there for 4 weeks! So as dedicated as I am [now] to not over-eat when I go there, 4 weeks is a LONG time to watch my weight (I'm being tempted 24/7 while there), so I want to lose as much as possible so that if I do gain weight (which I most likely will), I won't be at that 170 mark again , and it'll be easier to lose the weight.

Right now, I'm doing the Special K diet. I've been on it for two weeks and I went from 184 to 173. (Although, I was at 173 after only one week, I was hoping to drop another 10 lbs the second week but after all that hard work my weight just stayed stable). The only reason I want to continue the Special K diet is because I spent all this money on their products planning to do this diet for a few months. I still want to do this, but my fear is that I'll rebound really bad. So I'm thinking of just continuing this diet until I finish all the products, and after that I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If I lost a lot of weight, I'll probably continue it; if not, I'll find something else. I understand that I can probably eat any cereal as a meal twice a day and lose weight, but I find that it's easier for me to follow a "structured" diet, instead of just "watching what I eat". And since I don't cook, this diet is the easiest- (and was also the diet I followed when I went down to 160..although I was also going to the gym those days because it was during the summer and I had a lot of time).

I guess I'm just looking for some advice or motivation to keep going. It's so hard dieting (as I'm sure you all know). I have no energy to exercise..ever..and that's part of the problem. Plus, in my house they're always making yummy food! It's hard to resist, and with the holidays coming up, it's gonna be even harder. So I want to do this diet for as long as possible and hopefully I'll lose a lot of weight; and then just "watch my weight" in Mexico, and that'll be enough *wishful thinking*. But anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully get some words of advice/inspiration/motivation!

I appreciate if you read all that!
ShoppingGuru21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #2  
Cristina

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Hi Welcome to the forum

I'm new here as well and not familiar with the K diet.
I CC and it seems to be the best fit for me, I haven't been on vacation yet but have gone out for dinner a few times I find CC has helped me to stay on track when eating out! Not sure if this would be right for you but thought to throw it out there.

Take a look around the forums you'll find lots of great info!!
Good luck on your journey

Cristina
powerfullme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #3  
Fat & Frustrated

S/C/G: 185/173/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Cristina, I've thought about it but really have no idea what foods/drinks have what calories, and since I don't do the cooking in my house, that doesn't help either. So far, I haven't been able to write or even think about dieting because of midterms... I was eating in moderation...for a while. Until just recently (like 2-3 days) I feel like I've thrown my diet out the window...but, I'm definitely going back on track starting tomorrow! I even started exercising (every tuesday and wednesday) and my school's gym...unfortunately, i haven't been able to go below 170 lbs yet!! This makes it super hard to stay motivated...I usually only have time for about an hour on the elliptical and then I have to go. I know it's not a lot, but it's a lot more than I used to do, and I sweat A LOT, and I make sure it's at the hardest level. But yeah, so far, I'm still at 173

P.S.
The special K diet is basically swapping 2 meals a day for either 1 bowl of Special K cereal, 1 Special K protein bar, or 1 Special K protein shake (which tastes horrible by the way). And your third meal is of your choosing, and during the day if you get hungry you can pick from different granola bars they have (which are really good by the way) and eat 2 at the most, and of course as much fruit/veggies as you want. there's also no limit on what you drink.
ShoppingGuru21 is offline   Reply With Quote