Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #121  

Kim-lurk away

Jen-No suggestion besides having a little more later or realizing it is one meal and you'll remember next time. I have had a few days that I just cannot eat veggies (mentally) so rather than gag some down I go without. That happens maybe once a month...maybe not even that often.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #122  

Height: 5' 5"

I've decided to get back to the green menu today. I need to reign myself back in a bit. Today was the first time I weighed myself since my weekend issues with my trigger foods and I didn't like what I saw. May do it again tomorrow.

I've already drunk 104 oz. of water (due in part to my lunchtime run). I have a 52 ounce cup so I'm thinking about one more fill up and topping it off at 156 oz. I'm PMSing so I need the extra water anyway. I've also had one protein drink and intend to get 3 more in today.

Good news, I remembered my veggies today.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #123  

Jen...
I went back on green menu while on stabilization and you know I do it now if I have a gain. Many maintainers I have talked to do that.. It cannot hurt. Will help you be focused.

Patzi
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #124  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Jen...
I went back on green menu while on stabilization and you know I do it now if I have a gain. Many maintainers I have talked to do that.. It cannot hurt. Will help you be focused.

Patzi
Agreed. Sometimes I go back to the green menu for about 3 days, other times I just do metaquick for 1-2 days. Either way, just re-focus, get any gains back off, and continue trying to maintain. It really is that simple, as long as we catch it early.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #125  
Started Aug 2010

Default 100 Pounds!

Well, as of this morning, I'm down a total of 100 pounds!

I don't usually count it as my "official" weight anymore until I've maintained for at least a week (in case it's just one of those normal fluctuations we get), but I was so excited that I needed to tell people (other than my husband).

I'm trying to think of a super-cool, special way to reward myself (but not terribly expensive--my yoga certification training and replacing my wardrobe have been expensive enough) for surpassing my wildest dreams on this journey.

When I first started trying to lose, I set my goal for -60lbs and hoped I'd at least be able to lose 40. Once I hit my -60, I went on maintenance, thinking I was happy with that. Gradually, through increased exercise, I've continued to lose (but more importantly, gaining strength and fitness!), and thought of these little losses as kind of a "bonus."

I'm so in shock, I keep wanting to jump on my scale to see the numbers pop up again and again. I am skinnier, healthier, and more physically fit than I've ever been in my entire life. It feels so, so good!

Once I get a new "after" picture, I'll try to post my before/after!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 184.5/180.5/125

Height: 5'4"

teacherlady79~ Yeah for you! 100 pounds is a fantastic accomplishment! Strut your stuff ~ you've earned the right ;0)
Old 04-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #127  

Teacher lady...

Natalie... What an accomplishment... I am so very very happy for you and looking forward to a new picture.

Patzi
Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #128  

100 pounds...that is amazing!! You can accomplish anything you set your mind to...and a marker in some way of your accomplishment would be fitting. I have lots of ideas for expensive things...but maybe even a nice piece of jewelry that isn't THAT expensive. Something lasting either memorable (an overnight away or something) or a concrete object. I'm with you that replacing the wardrobe has been expensive enough

I'm hanging in there. Backslid a pound or two just by snacking here and there on stuff off the kids plates. I was justifying it since I was working out like a crazy woman which was making me hungry (and my joints were swollen and hurting something awful). I took some time this weekend to refocus and realize that I lost the weight not through crazy activity, but through nutrition. So this week I'm backing off on exercise...doing 4 days of 15 minute circuits and one day of running...plus just trying to walk and do yardwork. So far so good. This is day 2 of lower activity and I feel good and my hunger is back in check. Planning on hitting my goal of 150 by the end of the month (even though I'm on maintenance, it's a # I want to see).
Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #129  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

100 lbs??? Hitting this number after Stabilization/Maintenance?! You are AMAZING! Great job...truly.

Well, I have discovered a not so pretty truth about myself. I do really well while at home...and since I don't eat out anymore much, I have found that when I do?? I go crazy...This past event went smooth...all the way through ordering. I even ordered a healthy option...then came the food, the biscuits, and everything else and Tami didn't handle it well. It isn't so much the choices I make, but the volume of all that surrounds me, and my choosing to indulge in it all. Then I am stuffed...and offered dessert...hmmm...yep. Had that too

So...all the following day was Meta Quick...the numbers on the scale didn't change that drastic and I am back to where I need to be, but this is a reality I have got to get a grip on. Hints of weakness that I am recognizing and most definitely need to pay attention to. I don't understand why I do that...it is like I treat it as though it will be the last meal out ever....and I am good all of the time, so justify the splurge and feel beyond guilty afterward...but afterward is too late!

Thanks for letting me vent, ladies...On a positive note..while I LOVE the Chocolate Truffle protein from Diet Direct, I also tried a sample of the Cappicino Latte flavor and LOVE it too! I will have that when I first wake up in the morning instead of coffee like I used to! May want to try it...

Last edited by Tamikl; 04-30-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #130  

I had maintenance weigh in and lost the 1 1/2 pound I gained the week before from eating the bagel and creme cheese while I was out. Trust me, I have deleted that from my eating for now.. I weighed in on Tuesday, a week ago, and from the Sat. before to Tuesday gained 1 1/2 pound.. It took me till yesterday, Monday to see the weight come off.. I went back on the green menu, the old one, and one day of bar and shake, and it finally came off. It is those damn carbs and the fat . They do me in. I am going away week of May 14th, so will stay on green menu till I go, and weigh in two times per week vs. one as I have been doing to keep focused.. So, to sum it up, I am now 5 1/2 pounds under goal.. I am sure glad I took the extra pounds off before going on maintenance.

Patzi
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #131  

Height: 5' 5"

Natalie!!!! Congratulations!!!! That is beyond amazing! Thanks for letting us share your journey. It's such an encouragement to everyone.

Went out of town over the weekend for my 5th wedding anniversary. Had a wonderful time, but now I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Part of my problem is I'm completely and utterly lethargic right now because TTOM should hit between now and Friday (should be Friday, but we'll see). Quite honestly, I'm just ready for it to start so I can start feeling better again. All I want to do is sleep. I don't want to exercise. I'm having cravings and giving in to some of them. DH is having to work evenings for half of this week leaving me on solo munchkin duty. Have I mentioned I want to sleep? I'm doing meta-quick today and green menu tomorrow/Friday. Just need some controls back in my life. Some days I feel I have to much freedom and it just doesn't work.

On a positive note, to give myself a goal to focus on (I need them), I did sign up for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November. I love the 10 PM start time. Very excited! I have trouble running without training for something because then if I don't feel like running (like today), I won't. It's gonna make it harder for me to say no to running because now I have a purpose to it.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Default Question

I'm am on my second week of stabilization and am having a hard time eating as much food as the menu states. For example this morning I added fruit for the first time in additon to the starch that I choose to eat. I had 2 eggs, 1 slice toast and 10 grapes. I was STUFFED. I could have done just one egg. But I also know that the protein is needed. Did any of y'all have the same issue?

Last edited by ynapier; 05-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
I'm am on my second week of stabilization and am having a hard time eating as much food as the menu states. For example this morning I added fruit for the first time in additon to the starch that I choose to eat. I had 2 eggs, 1 slice toast and 10 grapes. I was STUFFED. I could have done just one egg. But I also know that the protein is needed. Did any of y'all have the same issue?
I ate 1/2 of the fruit, but for a different reason, I gained with the addition of more fruit. I added the full amout later on .. But now, I never think of what I eat, I just make sure there is a protein, fruit, carb.
Out of curiosity, if you were stuffed, did you have any cravings till lunch, or were you nice and full and then ready for lunch?

Patzi
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #134  

Jen-glad you signed up for the race. I so wanted to do a half, but my body has been telling me my running days may be over...at least anything over 3 miles is out for sure. That sounds like a really fun run!! I think I'm only doing the warrior dash this year and then my running friends and I are going to do some organized fun runs on our own since we're all transitioning to mostly-at-home moms and the funds are low.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #135  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
Yes, at first I had a hard time eating everything during the day--but that gets better with time.
Closed Thread