Any Bars we can have in Phase 1?

• I think I know the answer but my struggle this week has been what to grab as I am running out the door to take my kids to school and I am hungry and lightheaded..used to grab a slimfast bar but a cheesestick or handful of almonds just doesn't sound appetizing at that time...and if we can't have them in phase 1 when can you use the SBD bars??
  • no. most bars are processed and don't have Ph1 friendly ingredients. Sorry. I'd recommend veggies in zip lock bags that you can grab and go for all week.

Almonds and cheese sound more appetizing to me than frakenfood!!!

I don't use the SBD bars for this very reason. If you do a search of the thread, there was much debate here about Dr. A's "selling out" to produce the bars because it seems to go against the very principles and foundation that SB is based on: fresh whole ingredients!
  • I'm with Jenn on this one; veggies in a bag. I love grape or cherry tomatoes in the car. No mess. I'll also add that the bars are big triggers for me so I avoid them in all phases, except when I travel.
  • thanks for the responses..I will try to make some egg things and have them handy for me, can't do veggies with my coffee I don't think..I do make a nice scramble mid-morning but I just need something early so I don't pass out while driving carpool since I go to bed hungry I am famished when I wake up...
  • Ah, veggies early... yuck. How about the one of the PH1 muffins. Much more breakfast like.
  • These work in phase 1 Peanut Butter Cookies It's not a real breakfast, but they'll work with your coffee if you're planning to have a 'real' breakfast once you're finished carpool duty.
  • I boil 5 eggs on Sunday. I grab a boiled egg and my little can on V8 and eat that in the car while taking my son to school. It usually holds me over until I get back in the house.
  • I'm not going to have this problem only because I can't stand cereal bars, they taste like packing material to me lol.