IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/29/11

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: I feel like I wasted a whole week. As of this morning I am down 0.2lbs. I am completely grateful it wasn't a gain, as always, but still feel bummed. I know what I was doing and I have a few ways to fix it so next week is better. I was really hoping for that 40lb mark but only made it to 39.2 instead. I will get there next week, this time I mean it! Thanks for all of your encouragement and helpful info yesterday. I will eat what I am supposed to eat and starve myself anymore! Promise!
    Glad to hear you lost! I'm glad you are going to eat what's required. I didn't eat the lettuce and look what happened to me! I bought a scale because of you. I think after the 4lb gain I wanted to use it to be accountable for what I am doing. But I will be eating the lettuce, forcing it down even when not hungry. I guess that is how I got here, forcing bad stuff down when I wasn't hungry but more of an emotional thing.

You will get to your 40lb mark! Look how much you've changed already, good luck this week. I will be having a coffee today the way you make it!
  • Quote: Oh Lynsey, I like you!!! You are so real and honest. We will be here for you. Anyway, you are .2 pounds ahead of me!!! LOL I am at 39 pounds gone for week 14, so both of us can reach 40 pounds together next week!!! Woohoo!!
    Yes we will!
  • Good morning everyone,

Great to hear from you all.

Katie, congratulations on the new job

ItsAboutTime, I am like you, I CANNOT get myself to NOT weigh myself daily, but it is working well for me as it keeps me focused.

Today is my 13th week on this program, this week I lost 1.6 pounds which I am so happy about seeing that I blew it up on the weekend (this weekend I will try my best not to stray away from the program).

So... All in all, my total weight loss is -42.8 pounds and I am approaching ONEDERLAND
  • Quote: Yay! National coffee day!! I'll have a Starbucks Via!
    Me too ratfancy! Just made mine and added a little hazelnut splenda!
  • Itsaboutime,

I just poured my Starbucks coffee, mixed it with RTD vanilla and added WF caramel syrup.... Delicious! I had given up my coffee but now that this tastes so awesome, it's back!

You are so full of great ideas and tips, I hate it when you get down, I just want to give you a big hug!
  • Yay for Coffee Day!
    Since starting IP, my coffee consumption has gone down to 1 cup per day. I'm good with that, though. I still really enjoy that one cup!

I'm really struggling to keep up with the boards It sounds like everyone is hanging in there, which is great. I'm doing well, the scale is moving in the right direction. Last night I bought my first pair of size 10 pants I haven't fit a 10 since 1995. Ugh that's a long time. If I end up a 10 at maintenance, I can be happy with that!

Have a great day everyone. I'm with you all in spirit!
  • Quote: I need to do that but I can't. Isn't it weird that I have the will power to be on plan for 14 weeks straight but I can't stay away from the stinkin scale? I guess it's my one bad habit. Good luck to you.
    I put the scale aways this week and it was hard at first as i felt i lost control but its getting better. It would be much better though if TOM wasn't due on saturday (WI day) and i wasn't feeling so bloated.

Quote: What are IP enzymes? I'm taking all the vitamins, I wasn't eating the lettuce a couple of days before it happened. I was only eating 2c broccoli or 2c spinach, I was too full for lettuce. But my coach said I need the lettuce too, so I'm forcing it down. I'm drinking the water 8 glasses a day, which I find hard but it's getting better. The floralax that I was given are capsules which are like stool softeners which work overnight. I didn't use any I went on my own after lots of lettuce!

Thanks for your advice
    8 glasses of water a day is not enough, you should be drinking at least 12. I usually drink 5liters a day. Glad you were able to go with only eating the lettuce. I eat lettuce every day, take 4 probiotics and 2 floralax and i still barely go!

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a great day!

Congrats to all the NSV and SV!
  • Quote:
    Today is my 13th week on this program, this week I lost 1.6 pounds which I am so happy about seeing that I blew it up on the weekend (this weekend I will try my best not to stray away from the program).

So... All in all, my total weight loss is -42.8 pounds and I am approaching ONEDERLAND
    Way to go! You all here are so inspirational !!
  • Good morning everyone. Day 4 OP for me and its awesome to hear not only the good parts of the program but also that there is going to be days that are harder for me. Hope everyone has a great day and thanks everyone for the continued motivation
  • Quote: Itsaboutime,

I just poured my Starbucks coffee, mixed it with RTD vanilla and added WF caramel syrup.... Delicious! I had given up my coffee but now that this tastes so awesome, it's back!

You are so full of great ideas and tips, I hate it when you get down, I just want to give you a big hug!

You are too kind! Glad you liked the coffee!

Quote: Yay for Coffee Day!
    Since starting IP, my coffee consumption has gone down to 1 cup per day. I'm good with that, though. I still really enjoy that one cup!

I'm really struggling to keep up with the boards It sounds like everyone is hanging in there, which is great. I'm doing well, the scale is moving in the right direction. Last night I bought my first pair of size 10 pants I haven't fit a 10 since 1995. Ugh that's a long time. If I end up a 10 at maintenance, I can be happy with that!

Have a great day everyone. I'm with you all in spirit!
    I have 2 cups but really I guess it's only one since I cut it in half and mix in my shake. I'm good with that. Anymore caffeine and I think I'd start shaking since I'm not used to it anymore.

Sorry you are struggling to keep up. I sure have those weeks too! Congrats on the 10s. Don't ya love them!? I'm mostly in 9/10 now myself and love it! Single digits here I come! Get back here when you can!
  • Busymomx4
    8 glasses of water a day is not enough, you should be drinking at least 12. I usually drink 5liters a day. Glad you were able to go with only eating the lettuce. I eat lettuce every day, take 4 probiotics and 2 floralax and i still barely go!

Congrats to all the NSV and SV![/QUOTE]

I just made it to 8 up from 6 and as I go further along I am drinking more water. I know I will get more in but my bladder has a hard time with it. I had to stop taking probiotics. They were causing me too much pain. I have severe IBS I was taking 8 a day. Plus all the meds for my colon to function Properly.

Do you find with 5 liters of water you are up all night? When my bladder is full it causes pain on my colon and bowel, so I have to be careful or I'll end up back in hospital. I have been adding more water as I go, so hopefully the more I add the better my system will function.

Thanks for the heads up
  • Good morning! What a yucky start to a beautiful fall-feeling day here in Louisiana. No humidity today after some very serious thunderstorms last night. I walked inside this morning after I got the kids on the bus and saw my oldest son's homework sitting on a chair. So, jumped in the truck to bring it to the school.... battery dead in my truck. So, I have to unhook the trailer from the extra truck, get in it, and it's practically on empty. Make it to the school, get gas in that truck....

Now, I'm back home and am really enjoying my morning cup of coffee. I have my WI this morning at 10:00, I'm hoping for good results, but I am a little worried as I haven't felt "right" since soccer practice last week when I almost passed out. I had 1/2 of that Atkins bar before practice yesterday and felt fine during the practice. It was just weird to eat something like that, was very sweet tasting to me. I'm seeing a different coach today at my clinic, I plan to grill her over why I'm not allowed restricteds after 8 weeks. Hopefully I will come home with some answers or some restricteds, lol!

Hope everybody has a wonderful day!!
  • Quote: Busymomx4

Congrats to all the NSV and SV!
    I just made it to 8 up from 6 and as I go further along I am drinking more water. I know I will get more in but my bladder has a hard time with it. I had to stop taking probiotics. They were causing me too much pain. I have severe IBS I was taking 8 a day. Plus all the meds for my colon to function Properly.

Do you find with 5 liters of water you are up all night? When my bladder is full it causes pain on my colon and bowel, so I have to be careful or I'll end up back in hospital. I have been adding more water as I go, so hopefully the more I add the better my system will function.

Thanks for the heads up [/QUOTE]

I was in the washroom every 15 minute when i started, lol. Now its much better (can probably go 1+ hour), hopefully its my body getting used to it and not cause its retaining water. I'm usually up once or twice a night and i stop drinking water with dinner around 7:30-8 but i was up before IP too. Between 8 and bedtime, i must go every 20 minutes or so. Sorry you've had pain, i have IBS too but not severe and haven't had any "episode" since starting IP...i think for me too much fat is what made it worse cause everytime i would go out to eat and have crappy food, i had terrible pains.
  • Quote: Good morning everyone. Day 4 OP for me and its awesome to hear not only the good parts of the program but also that there is going to be days that are harder for me. Hope everyone has a great day and thanks everyone for the continued motivation
    Welcome to the boards! You will see everything here ups downs and all kinds of great tips and motivations. Everyone here is very friendly and will answer just about any questions you may have.

How are you doing with IP? The first week I found the hardest, lots of headaches and general crabbiness! That is getting all the sugar and carbs out of your system and stabilizing your pancreas. Once that's over it's much easier and you won't feel hungry.

Good luck and we are all here to support you.
  • Thanks for the heads up [/QUOTE]

I was in the washroom every 15 minute when i started, lol. Now its much better (can probably go 1+ hour), hopefully its my body getting used to it and not cause its retaining water. I'm usually up once or twice a night and i stop drinking water with dinner around 7:30-8 but i was up before IP too. Between 8 and bedtime, i must go every 20 minutes or so. Sorry you've had pain, i have IBS too but not severe and haven't had any "episode" since starting IP...i think for me too much fat is what made it worse cause everytime i would go out to eat and have crappy food, i had terrible pains.[/QUOTE]

I started IP right after my last 10 day hospitalization. And like you said, I haven't had one episode of major pain at all. My doctor recommended I try IP. I'm glad your ibs has been better. I agree about the food, if you eat crap you will feel like crap. I have to stop drinking my water by 8pm or I will be up all night, every hour at least. So my next challenge for the week is to get to 9 glasses a day and increase it by 1 each week and see how it goes.

Have a great day and thanks for your insight. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I wish you had an easier time with BM, but at least there's no pain