broccoli

• funny thing about broccoli is that I LOVED it before IP. Since week one of IP i can not even think about eating it. Makes me gag!!

I have been eating celery like my life depends on it.

yesterday I met someone who I've never met before and we discovered that we are both on IP (I'm 5 weeks & she's at 7 weeks). She told me that she can't eat broccoli either and loves celery now! we laughed and thought it was a huge coincidence.

Just out of curiosity... has anyone else had this experience with foods since starting IP?
  • Quote: funny thing about broccoli is that I LOVED it before IP. Since week one of IP i can not even think about eating it. Makes me gag!!

I have been eating celery like my life depends on it.

yesterday I met someone who I've never met before and we discovered that we are both on IP (I'm 5 weeks & she's at 7 weeks). She told me that she can't eat broccoli either and loves celery now! we laughed and thought it was a huge coincidence.

Just out of curiosity... has anyone else had this experience with foods since starting IP?
    This question could be posted in the daily thread.
  • so i should not start a thread like this?
  • Funny Amber, the guy that I learned about IP from and a inspiration for me told me he's always hated broccoli, but after being on IP for 8 months he's learned to like it. I still like it, usually have it 4-5 times a week. Celery is a daily item for me since it has a crunch, I really don't care for Cucumbers but the more I have them the more I dislike them.
  • Broccoli is one of my staples...I toss it in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and then roast it at 450 for about 35 or so minutes...until it is a bit crunchy. Love it that way!!!
  • same here Amber. I used to love broccoli butttt i think that may have also had to do with the fact that I used to enjoy it tossed in ranch or mayo or something high fat lol but after being on ideal for a month now I have to really force myself to eat it! I still force myself to eat it but I guess its time to get creative! lol
  • I loved broccoli before IP and still love it.
  • I've been trying different ways to prep broccoli. Used to be I only at it with salads drowned in ranch dressing. I've doing a lot of stir fry and it works really well for that. Roasting is good but a quick heat in the frying pan with just a dash of oil, s&P, and just a bit of garlic powder. Takes about 5 minutes. I also chop it up really small and add to the broccoli soup. Seems to help make the soup thicker.
  • My favs are the Green Giant steam-able bags. I pop it in the microwave for 5 minutes, spritz with some olive oil and salt and eat it like finger food. That being said I used to really enjoy salad but I've only eaten 1 or 2 since I've started IP. Something about the texture turns me off now.
  • Just as an aside, starting new threads is just fine! Please see our policy/guidelines, here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-question.html
  • I really love broccoli! I love to pour the cream of chicken over it! So yummy!!!
  • I hated broccoli before IP. I could tolerate it cooked with cheese on it. I ate it to show my kids that we need to eat it. Now on IP I love broccoli, I steam it in the microwave for 3 mins in a pampered chef steamer, put EVOO, sea salt and vinegar on it. This is a staple now. I eat it about 4x/week. I also use it in stir fries with some EVOO. My husband loves it that way, before he wouldn't touch the stuff. My son will only eat it raw (???), and I'm still working on my daughter. She's eating a bit of it from the stir fry with some soya sauce in it. Weird how or tastes change.
  • I do find that I can't eat it crunchy anymore! It has to be steamed soft.
  • It's a staple of mine also but I liked it before too. I never liked anything too hot before but I eat Frank's hot sauce on a lot of stuff now. I am starting to like a lot of veggies I didn't like before I started. Love it!