exercise apps

• Just wanted to share my new favorite thing: exercise apps. for anyone with a smartphone, ive been downloading exercise apps that tell me what to do every day.
    Currently i am doing "push ups" which had me start out with how many i can do and now it has me do reps of different numbers, and counts down 90 seconds in between reps.
    Im also using the free couch to 5k app. I am in week one but this week i start the app and it counts down 5 minutes warm up, and then alternates between 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking; DIG! ing when im spose to switch.
    Yesterday i downloaded "daily butt workout" where i pick 5 minutes, 7.5 minutes, or 10 minutes and it formulates a little work out of different motions (like lunges and flutter kicks, etc)

anyone else taking advantage of the smartphone exercise apps? found any good ones?
  • That sounds really cool. Makes me wish I had a smart phone! lol
  • I like the Run keeper app. I like to walk at parks, down the sidewalk, etc. and this keeps up with my distance, time and rate. It also has a calorie counter and I can pick which playlist I want to listen to while walking. It tells you in intervals your time, distance and rate. It has a lot of activities too like walking, running, cycling etc. my favorite part?? Its free!!

another app I use is the Lose it app. Its my calorie counter (with a lot of foods, brands and restaurants already keyed in), progress graph and exercise log. It lets you set your desired calorie intake and will even figure out how many calories you should eat to lose x amount a week. Then it logs how many you have had, and how many more you can have before you reach your goal for the day. you can input your weight and it keeps a graph and tells you your weight change. I LOVE this app. Its free too!!