I'm new here && need MAJOR help with losing weight!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Ideal protein is a package meal plan.

Breakfast packet
    lunch packet, 2 cups of veggies and a salad
    dinner 8oz of meat/fish 2 cups of veggies and a salad
    snack packet

The food is great and the program works fast, its really easy as well.

This is a 4-stage retraining eating plan that helps stabilize the pancreas and blood sugar levels while burning fat and maintaining muscle and other lean tissue.

How much is that plan, if you don't mind me asking?
  • I know someone posted, asking what I ate daily so I thought i'd write down what I usually eat per day, and what i've started to eat daily.

What I use to eat per day:
    Breakfast - Water bottle, RARELY ate anything, due to I was never hungry, if I did eat i'd have a little bowl of whole grain cheerios.
    Mid morning snack - 2-4 crackers, Water bottle.
    Lunch - Small salad or Chicken salad with about 5 crackers, Water bottle.
    Mid afternoon snack - String cheese or pudding, Water bottle.
    Dinner - Chicken or turkey, with a baked potato or salad, sometimes we will do hamburger helpers, with a salad, Water bottle.
    Evening snack - Crackers, Water bottle.

NOW I am eating:
    Breakfast - Atkins bar, Water bottle.
    Mid morning snack - Apple, Water bottle.
    Lunch - Atkins bar, Water bottle.
    Mid afternoon snack - Carrot Sticks w/very little ranch, Water bottle.
    Dinner - Salad or small piece of chicken/turkey with veggies, 1-2 water bottles.
    Evening snack - Fruit or veggies, Water bottle.

Any suggestions???
  • How many calories are in an Atkins bar? Is it loaded with protein?
    As strange as this sounds, you may not be eating enough calories. Do you drink milk? Are you getting any dairy products in?
    I have exchanged a baked potato with Cottage cheese. I would also suggest ditching the crackers for a piece of fruit or another low calorie snack you enjoy.
    You are really close to my starting weight and I kept my calories between 1300-1400 per day so your calorie range should be close to that. Guessing on the amount of calories in an Atkins bar (100) it looks like you are barely eating 1000 calories a day.
    Are you getting any exercise? Try taking the kiddos for a walk, using a DVD at home to exercise, bet your kids would find it a hoot to work out with mom. Anything you can do to get in more movement throughout the day will help.
    Best of luck to you!!
  • Hello & welcome,

I to use IP, I could not lose on WW or Nutrisystem, but have been able to lose using Ideal Protein. There are lots of threads, some based on how much you want to lose (100 lb club), some based on specific programs and others are based on age, so dig in and get reading.
  • Quote: How many calories are in an Atkins bar? Is it loaded with protein?
    As strange as this sounds, you may not be eating enough calories. Do you drink milk? Are you getting any dairy products in?
    I have exchanged a baked potato with Cottage cheese. I would also suggest ditching the crackers for a piece of fruit or another low calorie snack you enjoy.
    You are really close to my starting weight and I kept my calories between 1300-1400 per day so your calorie range should be close to that. Guessing on the amount of calories in an Atkins bar (100) it looks like you are barely eating 1000 calories a day.
    Are you getting any exercise? Try taking the kiddos for a walk, using a DVD at home to exercise, bet your kids would find it a hoot to work out with mom. Anything you can do to get in more movement throughout the day will help.
    Best of luck to you!!

I no longer eat the crackers, I exchanged my snacks with fruit and vegetables. I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day, and yes I do excercise, I do a at home work out, Monday through Friday, for 30-45 minutes, then I go walking Tuesday through Sunday and walk in between 1-3 miles at night. The atkins bars have anywhere from 140-190 calories per bar, depends on which bar it is. I am trying to follow the atkins plan, they sent me which says, eat a bar for breakfast and lunch, then a light dinner. I don't really drink milk, or anything like that, usually only water. I have severe anxiety so sugar makes it act up really bad, so I was told to stay away from stuff with lots of sugar. =)
  • I'd rather eat a pile of Edamame for 150 calories than a bar. In the morning I can have two scrambled eggs and a half of a whole wheat english muffin for 190 calories, and it is actually a meal. Something you might want to think about. I also think for your weight and activity level you might need to start at about 1600 calories.

I would recommend stuff high in protein and fiber content. Go to the Atkins section of this forum, and talk with some of the folks there, I'm pretty sure not all of them eat meal replacement bars but rather lean protein and veggies and items high in fiber. Good luck to you.
  • Quote: How much is that plan, if you don't mind me asking?
    Its roughly about $90 a week but that is for 21 meals, 7 breakfast, 7lunches and 7 snacks it breaks down to about $4.75 a meal. Can't eat out for that price!

Quote: Hello & welcome,

I to use IP, I could not lose on WW or Nutrisystem, but have been able to lose using Ideal Protein. There are lots of threads, some based on how much you want to lose (100 lb club), some based on specific programs and others are based on age, so dig in and get reading.
    Fancy meeting you here Bella
  • Quote: Its roughly about $90 a week but that is for 21 meals, 7 breakfast, 7lunches and 7 snacks it breaks down to about $4.75 a meal. Can't eat out for that price!

Fancy meeting you here Bella

Does the food taste good?? I have tried other weight loss food products, and couldn't stand the taste lol.
  • Quote: I know someone posted, asking what I ate daily so I thought i'd write down what I usually eat per day, and what i've started to eat daily.

NOW I am eating:
    Breakfast - Atkins bar, Water bottle.
    Mid morning snack - Apple, Water bottle.
    Lunch - Atkins bar, Water bottle.
    Mid afternoon snack - Carrot Sticks w/very little ranch, Water bottle.
    Dinner - Salad or small piece of chicken/turkey with veggies, 1-2 water bottles.
    Evening snack - Fruit or veggies, Water bottle.

Any suggestions???
    Eat natural, whole foods, in proper portions. Use a BMR calculator to calculate how many calories you need to eat on a daily basis at your GOAL weight. Don't enter your current weight, but enter 115lbs if that is your goal. I enter 125lbs and get ~1350 calories so I try to eat that many calories or a bit less when I get stuck on a plateau and never less than 1200 a day. And I eat whole foods 90% of the time. No processed foods, no take out, no packaged stuff, just whole grains, fish, fruits, veggies, quinoa, etc...with spices and whatnot so stuff tastes good. Those Atkins bars are not doing you any favours and you can't eat like that forever. You want to build healthy eating habits that are also sustainable, right? Or how will you maintain your weight loss after doing all this hard work.

I've also had success with weightwatchers and it's a good way to learn about portion control and get some extra motivation.
  • Hi and welcome whitney
    My name is Cristina and I'm new here as well.
    I'm doing Calorie counting and exercising, I started at 260lbs and now 230.
    I believe in you, you can do this!!!
    Look around the forum you'll find not only great info but motivation, the people here are truly amazing!

Cristina