Fashionably Loud Chicks

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • I had a Betta once. He shared a tank w/ two goldfish and they eventually picked on him so much that his pretty fins were all torn up or missing... not really a happy memory.
  • I"ve got great news! I'm at my goal weight!!!! 150 lbs!! It took me from May-now, but i'm there, finally!!! I've never felt so accomplished! I trie dso hard to eat right this weekend. It's always hard to, cause we're out and about, rstaurants tend to get you hooked on appetizers, then bread, and then the food comes, and you're stuffed, but we all keep giong, cause it's so dern good. I'm so grateful to you girls for helping me meet my goal..... woo-hooo!!!!!!!!! I MET MY GOAL I MET MY GOAL I MET MY GOAL!!! (now what?)
  • You Did it! Congratulations!
    Hooray Chris I'm so proud of you! You have worked and sweated for every hard earned pound lost and you deserve this reward.
  • Back to business as usual
    Back to the serious food plan after a weekend that was a little sloppy food wise.
    I hate how home projects can make you lose track of time when you prefer to eat on some kind of schedule.
    Still not finished with the bathroom, but it's not derailing me that much again.

Hope most of you don't hate me, as this week the highs are all in the 60's and Friday's supposed to get up to 73.

Last year we had one hard freeze in March. It was so unusual for this area, that a lot of people ended up replacing a lot of newly planted plants that died in the freeze. They were not happy campers.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Maybe we should tell jokes or funny stories today. It's important to laugh, no matter how silly.
    In one of those tv shows about the world's funniest commercials, I remember one that showed this lady get on her bathroom scale, and the scale said "One at a time, please."........I had to laugh and I thought 'There's a scale that would end up a target at a pistol practice'.

Right now all I can think of are Hannibal (as in Dr. Hannibal Lector) jokes....but not everybody likes morbid humor.
    When the movie came out, Jay Leno told Hannibal jokes as long as it was #1 at the box office, which was for 2 weeks.

Ex:
    Q: What does Hannibal call the HOV lane?
    A: Meals on Wheels

Q: Why won't Hannibal eat flight attendants?
    A: He hates airline food.

Q: What does Hannibal call the phone book?
    A: A menu.

Who wants more Hannibal jokes?
  • I'll post them anyway.
    Since I may not get back here till tomorrow morning...what the ****....here are the rest of the Hannibal jokes that I remember.

If you're offended, write Jay Leno..... not me.

Q: Why won't Hannibal eat people from California?
    A: Too many artificial ingredients.

What does Hannibal call Hilary Clinton?
    A frozen dinner.

What does Hannibal call Richard Simmons?
    A flaming dessert.

What does Hannibal call Michael Jackson?
    The other white meat.

What is Hannibal's stomach called after eating Tonya Harding?
    A white trash compactor.

What does Hannibal call Jehovah's witnesses?
    Free delivery.

Why won't Hannibal eat children from Beverly Hills?
    They're spoiled.

What does Hannibal call a person in a good mood?
    A Happy Meal.

What does Hannibal call the singer Meat Loaf?
    Meat loaf.

Why won't Hannibal eat Kathy Lee Gifford?
    He doesn't like artificial sweeteners.

What does Hannibal call the athlete on the front of the Wheaties box?
    A serving suggestion.

(I revised the next one to be current - it used to be the women from Temptation Island)
    What does Hannibal call the women on "The Bachelor"?
    Whore d'oeuvres.

What's Hannibal's favorite part of the opera?
    The fat lady.

How does Hannibal order Fettucini Alfredo?
    "Hold the Fettucini, just bring me Alfredo."

What would Hannibal be called if he were in the series "Survivor"?
    The winner.

What does Hannibal call a tight rope walker?
    A well balanced meal.

How did Hannibal get A's in school?
    He buttered up the teacher.

(and last but not least)

What should you never say to Hannibal?
    "Bite me."

(there were other H. jokes, but I decided they weren't as good.)
  • Hey guys SNIFF SNIFF

I have been sick since Friday night. I swear I havn't beenm avoiding you. I am just up long enough to check in. I have no energy so I have been on the sofa all weekend. I think I was awake for a total of 6 hours this weekend.

I will check back in with you tomorrow. Hopefully I will have more energy.

Oh yeah, congrates Chris! Good Job!
  • Hooooray Chris!!!!! Gosh, what an inspiration! You are now one more beautiful example that this can be done.
    We're so proud of you!

Gargoyle - thanks for the giggles

I'm just checking in for a quick second.
    Hope you feel better soon Kempy

-W-
  • WOW!
    Way to go Chris!!! Congratulations!!

I got back on track yesterday, although I am now addicted to the Blue Bunny Fat free frozen yogurt but I figure it is alot better to have 1/2 cup of that versus chinese food regularly

I would really love to go get Chinese for Valentines though. How come all holidays center around food. I am already thinking of the Easter Bunny cake with coconut that I usually make every year. AAAHHH!!!

Well, I am off to finnish my exercise for the day. I hope you feel better Kempy
  • Clarice...Claaaa-reeeeeeeeeceeeeeee! Thems some sick and twisted Hannibal Lecter jokes--I enjoyed them very much.

Kempy I hope you really feel better soon. It's not that funky stomach bug you were talking about was it?

Angie, I just bought some Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches over the weekend--came in a pack of 18, vanilla and chocolate flavor. They're reduced fat and only 130 cals, 2g of fat per sandwich--tastes like ice milk more than anything--but I like it, of course, I like most anything...I promise I'm not trying to lead you into temptation, but I really like that I don't have to worry about portion control. I have a hard time dealing with giving myself A serving of ice cream out of a full-size carton. And another thing, I know what you mean about holidays revolving around food. I was just looking at my calendar and thinking that maybe I should whip up some cherry cheese cake for Presidents' Day in honor of George Washington . I just may do that--Philadelphia FF cream cheese exists--could even do it in individual serving sizes using muffin cups or something...so much to think about.

Washu, I had some pretty fiesty goldfish a couple of years back. They used to keep my rapidly multiplying albino catfish in check by eating all the eggs that were laid...ahh, such is the cycle of life.

Chris, I'm sure you're having a wonderful day oh-the-one-who-has-reached-her-goal.
  • This is real life, not a joke!
    Yup, I think this pretty much nails it:
  • That is SOOO cute Noelle!!!!
  • I am so happy to say that the bloat from my Saturday binge is all gone! I am back to 162 this morning. I did 1 hour and 15 minutes exercise yesterday and I didn't eat any ff ice cream last night for a snack. YEAH!! Now I can try to get back to losing.
  • Morning!! I love you guys. I can always get my lovin right here whenever I need it. That was great! Loved the Hannibal jokes. (ick). I'm working late all the time this week, so I'm flexing my morning. I got inspired by a Remedial Teacher I met, while chaperoning the class last night at the Community College. My kids are so great, and it was wonderful to see them interacting. Seems like their self esteem is so low, but in a good environment, they just bloom. One of my kids at work is losing weight. He's diong really well. I think he started at 350lbs,a nd is now down 19.5... i'm so proud. He'll do great. I told him all about you guys, and how much it helps to get that support. Anyway, I'm around, I'm working a lot, but I'm okay. Tired as all get out.
  • Angie, you're doing great... better to cheat ff, than to cheat at a fried foods all nighter!! ha ha. Your stats have changed before, they'll change again.
  • SvelteChicky !
    That's wonderful that you reached 150 !

That's my goal as well...but I won't get there till late July.

You're not going to leave us here now that you're at goal are you ?!

I hope not.
    You're the one who started this thread.