IP Daily Chat Monday 9/26

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Just got home from WI#3 and I'm DOWN another 2.4 lbs! I'm officially in the 180's (although hopefully not for long). I love my coach, she is so supportive and encouraging. TOM hit yesterday too, so I'm thinking that next week will be better without the water retention (and she's doing pictures again next week).

I actually think this past week that adding a restricted a day has helped with my loss. It's probably impossible to tell what influences our weight from week to week but I feel much more satisfied and I know that helps keep me OP!

Another busy afternoon here, but I've got my veggies cut and bar ready. Good luck to everyone on staying OP!
  • Quote: Just got home from WI#3 and I'm DOWN another 2.4 lbs! I'm officially in the 180's (although hopefully not for long). I love my coach, she is so supportive and encouraging. TOM hit yesterday too, so I'm thinking that next week will be better without the water retention (and she's doing pictures again next week).

I actually think this past week that adding a restricted a day has helped with my loss. It's probably impossible to tell what influences our weight from week to week but I feel much more satisfied and I know that helps keep me OP!

Another busy afternoon here, but I've got my veggies cut and bar ready. Good luck to everyone on staying OP!
    AWESOME!!!...great job!
  • Quote: Is green cabbage allowed now or did I misunderstand somewhere? I love cabbagesoup
    On my list it says red cabbage only.
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone, Since I just caught up on all the threads and its almost 1am here I decided to start the thread for Monday.

The wedding was amazing, everything was beautiful. No one really said anything about my weight loss but some of them had not seen me in years and didn't know how large I had gotten. Those that knew I was dieting commented on how good I looked so that was a good feeling. I stayed completely OP 100% the whole time and even helped set up the food table. I wasn't even tempted at all. I had a great time with my mom and didn't want to leave to come back here. I will go back next month I am sure if not sooner. Hope everyone had a good nights rest, its time to start MONDAY!!
    Wuv2beloved - I see you are 8 lbs from an awesome milestone. Out of the 300's!!! I am 9 lbs away from being out of the 200's!!!!! I will be thinking of you these next few weeks as we both strive to hit these amazing milestones!! I am so excited and thrilled for both of us!!!!
    Good luck !!!!!!
  • Quote: On my list it says red cabbage only.
    My sheet says red also but I eat the green as well. I don't eat it often but I do eat it.
  • So had my WI #3 on Friday and -4lbs! Total of 19lbs in 3 weeks. Feeling pretty good. I just find Im struggling to drink the required water. I am diabetic and prior to ideal protein my sugars were so high I was always thirsty that drinking was not a problem but since I have started the plan my sugars are completey normal and Im very rarely thirsty. Any tips for helping get water down!?
  • Quote: So had my WI #3 on Friday and -4lbs! Total of 19lbs in 3 weeks. Feeling pretty good. I just find Im struggling to drink the required water. I am diabetic and prior to ideal protein my sugars were so high I was always thirsty that drinking was not a problem but since I have started the plan my sugars are completey normal and Im very rarely thirsty. Any tips for helping get water down!?
    Water can be a challenge. You can squirt a little lemon in it, or drink herbal decaf teas. I like hot water and lemon on a chilly night. If you make yourself drink a cup of water when you get up and before each meal or snack, I found it becomes ingrained and after a while, just a habit. If you get to the States, there's MIO which is a little squirt bottle (comes in several yummy flavours). It's sweetened with sucralose, so it's ok in moderation. My hubby loves the stuff! Good luck!
  • Salad Dressing
    What kind of soya sauce and mustard are we allowed. I haven't found any that show 0,0,0
  • Okay..question. Walden Foods are expensive so which are worth a go and which ones are avoid at all cost???
  • Hi Everyone!

Today is my Day 1. I had the egg omelette with a cup of tea at 7:30. I didn't feel hungry again till around 12:30. I made the broccoli and cheese along with my salad for lunch. I was full (really surprised about that). I hope the rest of the day goes just as well as this morning. I bougt some of that MIO. That's an expensive little bugger My coach told me not to use it for all my water. use it occassionally because I'm not much of a water drinker. So far it's all good.
  • Quote: Wuv2beloved - I see you are 8 lbs from an awesome milestone. Out of the 300's!!! I am 9 lbs away from being out of the 200's!!!!! I will be thinking of you these next few weeks as we both strive to hit these amazing milestones!! I am so excited and thrilled for both of us!!!!
    Good luck !!!!!!
    YES!!!...out of the 200 and 300's!!!...it will be awesome to see a 2 in front of my weight. I do not remember the last time, probably 20 years ago. Good luck to you as well. What day do you WI? Mine is on Wednesday!

Quote: So had my WI #3 on Friday and -4lbs! Total of 19lbs in 3 weeks. Feeling pretty good. I just find Im struggling to drink the required water. I am diabetic and prior to ideal protein my sugars were so high I was always thirsty that drinking was not a problem but since I have started the plan my sugars are completey normal and Im very rarely thirsty. Any tips for helping get water down!?
    When I first started I would have to set my cellphone alarm for every couple of hours to drink all my water now it just comes naturally. I always have a bottle of water with me its like my purse....lol...Great job on the WI!

Quote: What kind of soya sauce and mustard are we allowed. I haven't found any that show 0,0,0
    French's regular mustard is allowed and I use the low sodium soy sauce. Just use it in moderation and you will be fine.
  • Quote: Okay..question. Walden Foods are expensive so which are worth a go and which ones are avoid at all cost???
    I bought the Blu Cheese dressing. I like it. it's a tiny bit tangier than regular dressing.
  • Quote: Okay..question. Walden Foods are expensive so which are worth a go and which ones are avoid at all cost???
    Thousand Island and creamy bacon are staples for me. Also the chocolate and caramel syrups, to add to your puddings or drinks....makes them even yummier!

Quote: Hi Everyone!

Today is my Day 1. I had the egg omelette with a cup of tea at 7:30. I didn't feel hungry again till around 12:30. I made the broccoli and cheese along with my salad for lunch. I was full (really surprised about that). I hope the rest of the day goes just as well as this morning. I bougt some of that MIO. That's an expensive little bugger My coach told me not to use it for all my water. use it occassionally because I'm not much of a water drinker. So far it's all good.
    That little bottle will last longer than you think, just one or two squirts in a liter bottle is enough. Try a few squirts of lemon or lime juice in your water that works well also. Di'vincy also has sugarfree syrups I use the black cherry or the coconut for my water sometimes for a different flavor!
  • I have a question about thinning hair. Mine was thin on top before and now it is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any tricks on how to make it not so noticeable?
  • Originally Posted by tjlhj
    Good morning all !!
    I managed my first big party with all the food this weekend. We had a reunion of a medical missions trip. (Went to Nicaragua in June and took a moblie medical clinic to VERY remote areas of people who live on the Rio Coco river. They live with little to nothing and we treated hundreds and hundreds per day. Most especially saw alot of cases of worms from bad water..I wont get too graphic, but suffice to say that the worms are visible at times) While we were there we existed on PBJ and bottled water. Soooo.... food at the reunion was so amazing... and there was some pressure to eat...."it is only one day...enjoy it" I am so happy that I ate nothing at all and stayed OP. Even today I am still just glad I was able to not make those moments more important than all I have worked for in getting to this point. We are blessed to be living in places where we have food and computers to keep in touch on this journey together, blessed beyond measure really!
    Here is to all of us in another week and working toward seeing another decade soon and becoming healthier!!
    VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!! that was your first obstacle and it seems you accomplished it with flying colors... GREAT job!!!

Thanks for your encouragement WUV.... I was honestly thinking of you at the wedding and how you had to cook some brisket and food and stayed OP...it made me think I can do it too!!