Has this ever happened to you?

• I have been OP for 5 full days, and today, everytime I stood up, I got dizzy and blacked out for a half second and weak in the legs. I later felt fine as soon as I had a couple of rice cakes after work. Why would this happen to me?
  • for Raeylynn
    Hi,

I have no medical training, but are you eating enough calories? Or maybe you have low blood sugar? If it happens again, maybe give your doctors office a call. It could be nothing, but maybe it would make you feel better if you saw a medical professional.

Hope you're feeling better,
    Sherry
  • Yeah I would definitely check the whole calorie/blood sugar thing!

FEEL BETTER GIRL! YOUR AN INSPIRATION AROUND HERE!

Miss Chris
  • ok. there's something called orthostatic hypotension, and this means that your blood pressure drops dramatically when you stand up quickly. can have a lot of causes, but i strongly suggest [1] seeing your doctor; [2] making sure you're getting enough protein and eating regularly so your blood sugar isn't too low; [3] making sure you're getting enough b complex and calcium, even if you have to take supplements; and [4] as silly as it sounds, MOVING SLOWLY!!!!

yes, it's happened to me. and the extra vitamins turned it around for me. but there are many other possible reasons for this.
  • That has happened to me! A while back it happend a few times.... and once when I was *very* sick, it happened a lot. It's stopped now though, thank goodness. I hope you get everything figured out! Peace. -Apryl
  • Do you see stars as well? Sounds alot like low blood pressure, or that you're not eating often enough, get it checked out, hope you better soon

Kitty
  • Your goal is 1200 calories? You 5'9 and 200 lbs and you have been lifting weights. Need to up that a bit I bet. Check your BMR. My fat butt which has a BMR if 2500 is an inch and a half shorter.

Miss Chris
  • Thank you all for replying. I think I know why that happened yesterday -- when I added up my calories for yesterday, I only consumed 790 cals, and I had also done 50 minutes of cardio and weights on top of it. (Me not being smart)

I really need to get a better plan in place I think.
  • It happens to me quite a bit, I don't have a problem with my blood sugar, but I got my blood pressure checked and it is on the low side. I think that is why it happened to me.

How do you check your BMR?

Thanks and hope you feel better,
    Bella23
  • I was wondering the same thing about how do I find out my BMR?
  • The same kinda thing has been happening to me lately. I eat 800 - 900 cal all day and save the rest for dinner. But I am going to start having a snack or eating more calories w/ breakfast and lunch.
  • i havea friend who fully collapsed at school and was in the hospital for a few hours. she wasn't eating enough.

be careful with that. when i'm doing good, i like to eat very little too, maybe just to show how well i am doing. how well i can do. but we are all about losing weight in the HEALTHY way!!!