Get me out of the 130s!!!!! (cont)

You're on Page 2 of 44
Go to
  • yoyoma- Being in the 120s as my HIGH weight is my ultimate goal. If on a bad, bloated day I am 129, I'll be stoked!

kimmie- How accurate is your wiifit? My friend's was off by 6 pounds!

What is everyone's goal weight and how did you decide that weight? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I should be shooting for. I'm just barely in a healthy BMI (24.3), but my body fat % is only 20. My body fat goal was 22%, so that is looking great. I have the weird Mommy donut around my belly button, but everywhere else I had very happy with my level of toning, etc. I'm just not sure if losing another 8-10 pounds will do anything for the donut, and might just make everything else skinnier and not toned. Thoughts?
  • When you gain muscle and get toned, you can look better than you do at a significantly lower untoned weight. It's surprising how big the effect can be (I've seen pictures, but don't have them handy). Also, I know myself that I am significantly more toned this time at this weight than I was last time. Last time, I wasn't happy with how I looked. This time, I am pretty satisfied. And I will say, the biggest difference is in my abdomen, which is now at a health waist-to-hip ratio (and wasn't last time). So, I guess I'd say that exercise was very important for me to reach an appearance that I was happy with, but I also had to lose weight to get there.
  • ^i agree that being toned makes a lot of difference. I'm a lot stronger and healthier at this weight right now than i was at this weight last year. and toning while you go is a lot easier than losing all the weight and then going "oops, guess i should prolly start trying to tone"

i got on the scale this morning and...136!!! its officially my lowest weight since July 2010. Im going over all the reasons that it might be especially low (i didn't eat a lot yesterday cuz i wasnt hungry, i took the dog on an extra walk, i just finished my period, etc) so idk if that 136 will still be there tomorrow but its so exciting to know that its within reach.

i originally had a goal of being 130 by November 8th, but after i stayed 138-139 for so long i adjusted that goal to 133. Im starting to feel like i can actually do this again.

i have to go get ready for work but i have to try on a couple pairs of pants to see if anything new fits lol

today is definitly going to be a great day
  • My eating has been off these last couple of days and I didn't step on the scale this morning because I didn't want to know! I'm also leaving on a 9 day vacation today so I'm really hoping to maintain while we're gone!
  • OhThePlaces- Have fun on your vacay!!! Enjoy!

100precent- wahoo! 136! Feels great, eh? I think 133 sounds perfect for Nov. 8th. My bday is the 5th and i REALLY want to get to 130. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the input about ideal weight. I'm now a 4/6 and just feel great. I'm going to keep eating a deficit, but only about a 300-500 daily deficit, plus working out. If I have more to lose, it'll come off. I'm just not in a rush anymore. :-)
  • Hi all. I thought i'd left this thread last week, but then somehow managed to gain another 1.5lb for no real reason, so i'm still hanging in here at the moment!!

Going back to your toning conversation - this could be part of the reason for my increased weight as 3 weeks ago i started doing weights again 3x a week.

It's good if you've got one of those scales that measures body fat as well as weight - not that it's accurate or anything, but if you weigh at the same time each day then you can tell if your fat's going in the right direction even if the weights not shifting much.

I normally plot both my weight and my fat on an excel spreadsheet and they both fluctuate a bit but overall they both definitely trend the same way (but at least it's a bit motivating when the weight hasn't shifted but the fat's gone down!)
  • Ange, fluctuations are a sad reality. I've been known to gain 5 lbs the next day after a big salty bowl of pho (without noodles, not many calories). I can also gain that much when TOM is coming. And 1-2 pounds don't need any real excuse at all.

But today, I am on the happy side of those fluctuations, and back down to 129.0 . I am going to stay OP and try to keep it here because I'd really like to be in the 120s at the start of October. But I know that even if I don't eat a single bite between now and then, it's still a crapshoot as to how much the scale will say.

Congrats, 100percent on the scale whoosh! I find that weight lost after TOM mostly stays off. It's the time of month that I see the results from the previous four weeks of effort.

Jamie, have fun on your vacation!

Chickie, I didn't really answer your question about goal weight. So, the answer is that I kept losing until I found a weight I was happy with. My original goal weight was 150. I kept lowering it. But losing weight alone didn't get me to a happy place. Right now, I know I'll be at the sweet spot in the mid to high 120s. I am pretty happy with my shape and I don't want to lose any more boobage (as it is, my B cups are getting a little loose, and I just bought a Wonderbra on clearance, lol!),
  • Quote: What is everyone's goal weight and how did you decide that weight?
    Like yoyomama i figured it out through experimentation. My original goal was 135, because that is a "healthy weight" for my height based on the standard bmi calculations. Once i hit 135 i realized that i could keep losing weight and made my new goal 123, but i never actually hit that number. 127 was my lowest weight and looking back i don't know if i want to be any thinner than that.
    My current weight is about 137 and my current goal is 129, just because i want to be under 130.
  • Thanks for sharing about the goal weights. I swear weight loss is SO confusing, especially since no 2 people will lose the same way, wear their wweight the same, etc. AUGH!

I'm down to 134.0 this morning. Feels so good! My goal for Septmeber was 135, so I'm not complaining. When I was running on the treadmill yesterday I realized that September is almost over. I'm doing a 5 mile obstacle course run with hubby and friends on the 15th and I hadn't ran all month! This month has been my first transition month, going from 1200-1400 cals a day and working out 5x a week to a more relaxed, and doable, 1400-1600 cals and 3-4x a week workouts. I didn't realize that by cutting a workout or two, I was subconsiously cutting out all my running! Maybe because i DETEST running.....shudder.

I just plain suck at it. I can bike miles and miles. No prob. I can get my HR up and feel like I am almost going to die in ZUMBA, but I love it! I pretty much love everything besides running, inside or outside. After 1 mile, I am going crazy, and I only do a 5.5mph pace. Sigh. So I was just have a mini-panic about this upcoming race. I really hope it is more obstacle and less running!

yoyoma- Congrats on 129! That is my coveted number. I'm pretty sure I'm going to faint when I see it.
  • I'm still at 130.0 lbs. So frustrating just waiting for a whoosh that will take me below and out of the 130's.
  • Hanging on to 129.0 this morning. I will be be *so* OP today and watching my salt like a hawk. I hope to see this number again tomorrow, but there's only so much you can do in the short run.

Chickie, I've never glommed onto running much myself. I have respect for anyone who can keep it up for 5K! Good luck!

Crossing my fingers for a whoosh for you, Niko.
  • i got on the scale this morning: 136 and in my mind i was like w00t! im going to see 135 soon (once i get below 135 i want that to be my high weight that i never go over ever again). so with joy over the number i stepped back onto the scale and got a 135.8
    i think it was just teasing me since i wanted to see the 5 so badly; im still clocking today at 136 but man was it exciting to see that number there again. bmi calculators dont think im overweight anymore

chickie: im a horrible runner. im slow and i have trouble breathing. i get the stiches in the side a lot and with a lovely history of migraines if i run for too long my vision gets blurry. But thats why ive been dedicating myself to running. i dont do the inside gym very often because if im working out than i feel obligated to take my dog along, he needs some exercise too, and slowly and surely im trying to turn myself into a runner. my goal is to become one of those people who other people are like "omg why the heck do you like to run so much"
    one day...lol
  • ha ha, i love running. I was just gushing on the running thread about what a great trail run i had this morning, up and down hills, in the company of streams, flowers, kangeroos, parrots. It's the best! (once you've got through that really tough bit of getting used to it in the first place - although even the learning bit has its rewards).

I've not weighed today but was still up at 130 yesterday. Not in any major hurry i don't suppose. The plan at the moment is to stick to the plan.

Was pleased with myself for doing an extended spin class at the gym last night though, and THEN avoiding alcohol!!! Woo hoo!! AND it's a long weekend here this weekend so i've been extra disciplined, and will have to continue to be so!!
  • Wow, some of you ladies are so incredibly close to the 120's, I'm jealous!

I made the realization a couple days ago that I'm not going to lose the weight I want by eating 1500 calories a day, plus my calories burnt from exercise. I kept being frusturated on why I wasn't losing, when in reality, it's probably very close to my maintenance level when you factor in that I've hardly moved my butt in ages, and any mistakes in measuring food.

Since then, I cut back to 1200 a day, plus half of my exercise calories if I feel like it (just want to keep my net over 1000) - Some days I eat 1050 calories, some days 1250 - whatever works really.

I couldn't believe it - after a couple days and some milk of magnesium (iron supplements have made it really hard for me to be.. regular ahem), I was 133.2 yesterday! That's way down from the 135.8 I weighed myself at on Monday.

I've been eating 80% super healthy non-processed foods for a few days now, and I feel great! Started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred earlier today, and I'm exhausted. Hoping to stick with it.

Good job everyone!
  • Yesterday was my official goal date for the month of Sept and after one last day of being very careful, I clocked in at 127.8! Woot! So, I am claiming victory.

But after a couple of minor carby indulgences yesterday -- half a whole wheat bagel and some red lentils -- I was back up to 129.2 this morning. It's probably mostly due to the carbs, (I'd usually avoid those) but there is probably some salt involved too, since the lentils were cooked in bouillon. So, I need to build up a bit more of a buffer to stay at or below 129.0. I hope folks don't mind if I hang here. Maybe I should switch to weighing myself at night since I'm usually at least a pound heavier then.

Fayve, I agree that it's really hard to lose in this range. I need to aim for 1200 calories as a baseline and I also only eat back half my exercise calories. That way I get some reward but I won't accidentally end up gaining weight. Congrats on the loss!

Ange, if I could see kangaroos on a jog, I might be motivated to get my butt outside, lol! That sounds awesome! As it is, I settle for walking on my treadmill, but at least that way I can browse 3fc!

Congrats on the low number, 100%, and on the bmi! Good for you!