Sweating? [Noob!]

• Hi guys! I'm super new to both this community and SBD. I'm about 4/5 days into Phase 1 and I've noticed something weird - I'm sweating much more than normal.

Granted, I'm a big girl [237lbs, 5'5] and I'm in the Texas heat...but the amount that I'm sweating just walking around and in my exercise classes isn't normal for me. It's much MUCH more.

I'm finally feeling better [felt like crap the first few days, people say it's from detoxing?], but the sweating hasn't gone away. I'm also drinking loads of water instead of soda like I was. Has anyone else had this experience?
  • I would give it another week, but most sweating patterns are inherited. I don't think doing one single thing or mulitple things could cause that, Sweating is a sign of burning fat/calories. Maybe your bodies temperature regulating system is reacting to the program. But, honestly it really shouldn't make that big of a difference. You're right, being overweight can perpetuate the issue of sweating.

What school do you attend in Texas? I go to UTSA.
  • I noticed that I sweated more because I was drinking more water
  • PrimeTime: I go to SAC. I'll be switching to UTSA either in the spring or fall

Jenn: I think you're right. I think because of the mass amounts of water I'm drinking now, I'm just sweating more. Now that I think about it, I've always been a big sweat-er.

Thanks guys!
  • I am finding I sweat less as I lose more. At my high weight I was absolutely miserable with hot summer weather.