Anyone Jump Right Into P2?

• I'm thinking that when I'm done re-doing P1 again for 10-14 days I'm going to jump right into P2 without doing P1.5 like I did previously. My plan is to allow myself to have one serving of fruit (not a trigger food for me) and either one serving of grain or starchy veggie per day. I'll also calorie track to make sure I get the hang of things and this becomes my lifestyle. Once I reach my goal weight I'll consider adding in an additional grain or fruit serving.

Has anyone had success just jumping right in? I know my weight loss should slow down but 1-2lbs a week is what I'm aiming for anyways. And I'll start to work out then as well.
  • Hi there! I did a few days on P1 but then went right into P2. I was on Atkins unsucessfully for three months, however was very very strict with my food, never had cravings and never really ate anything processed. Then I found SB. I went into P2 with the thought of just doing 1 fruit and 1 starch per day. I have only been doing it a couple of weeks but have dropped about 8 pounds and feel WONDERFUL! I am sticking to the one 1 fruit/1 starch because I dont really feel that I need anymore than that and my body seems to like it.

Good luck!
  • anilom007, thanks for your feedback! I'm hoping to have the same results as you. I think I can manage the 1 fruit and 1 starch/grain a day approach and be satisfied. Like you I don't think I need more then that besides special occassions.

Can I ask if you are working out too?

The reason I ask is this is the first time I've started a diet without exercise and I have gotten the same results as I have in the past when I've done diet and exercise. My plan is to start exercising next week when I do my version of P2 but I'm hoping I can do 3-4 days and not be as hardcore as I have in the past and still see results.
  • You're welcome! I am working out, Monday through Friday, about 45-60 minutes. That being said, I was working out on Atkins just the same and didnt lose for the LONGEST time!

I know for me, I have to work out - if anything it keeps me in a healthy state of mind and this spans out into putting healthy things into my body etc. I have an allergy, Food Dependent Exercise Anaphylaxis. About 10 years ago I was in such great shape, I was a runner and totally enjoyed it. Then i got this darn allergy and every time I would run or exercise or even walk strenuously I would break out in hives and then my throat would start swelling and closing in, I'd wind up in the ER. It took me a while to realize what it was but I became terrified of working out ... This, along with the fear of doing anything strenuous and the depression led me to overeat and get a whopping 240 pounds! When I got disgusted enough and started Atkins I consequently found out that eating wheat was the trigger for the exercise anaphylaxis. So now as long as I avoid wheat I can work out til my hearts content I think after all I've been through with the allergy I now soo appreciate the freedom to work out so I do.

So for me its more of a mental thing, as I said I lost nothing for a very long time on Atkins and even changed up/increased the work out etc and nothing.

You have to make this part of your life and if 3-4 days is what you can comfortably comit to, then go for it! I think when we over extend ourselves it works in the short term but sets up to fail in the long term.
  • I only did phase 1 for a week then realized i needed to be on phase 2 because of breastfeeding. Besides, stressing out over the carbs talking to me was a bit more than my children deserved lol!! I am only 163 lbs so i dont mind my weight loss being at 1-2 lbs a week. I lost 9 lbs the first 10 days and now im good to go slower My body bloats when it has bread but i think i will still have one piece of toast with my breakfast each day. I think learning about what causes my cravings is definitely important for me. Yesterday i had a chocolate chip cookie and i was a mess after that