Pigs Anonymous

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Now you listen up young lady! Don't you be moping around feeling bad and beating yourself up over this! You pick yourself up and get going again - you can do this! You are not a failure!

If there was a butt kicking boot shaped smiley I would be using it on you right now! Don't make me come over there Lunula!

(pssst...I'm in the middle of kicking my own butt back into gear too )
  • Lunula-Mauvais is right!! You have to get up, dust yourself off and keep going. I don't know about you, but when I start beating myself up I end up eating MORE. I'm trying to get back on track too, so lets just all kick ourselves for each other and say tomorrow will be a better day. (AND NO MIDNIGHT SNACKS FIRST!!!!!)
  • I agree, Mauvais and Den! Lunula, there are bound to be times in the journey when you have sort have wandered off track and you just need to get back on...I have eaten a huge number of chocolate mints since last weekend (I plead stress and low will power!) and then I feel like, oh, so what, I am gonna eat what I like! But like you I want to keep off the weight I have lost...

Today is an absolutely NEW day - each day is. And sometimes when I feel down I just tell myself, do your best for today - don't think about anything but doing well TODAY. Or just one meal at a time. Break it down into little bits. Otherwise it can be overwhelming (don't I know it!). Whatever we ate already is in the past - what're you gonna do about it? Just do the best you can today.

I also find that if I "fake" it, just write my food diary and don't feel inspired or full of willpower...it comes back. Routines come back if you keep on doing them. You don't have to feel like it is so wonderful...and it's great to have this site, and all these wonderful women. My goodness - right now I feel like going out and getting more chocolate mints! Even though I am sick of them, really, but I also want them.

But I am not gonna do it. Maybe on Saturday when it is treat day I will. That's another useful thing - have a treat day or time period (mine is Saturday afternoon & evening) and tell yourself you can have it then...IF you still want it.

Lidian
  • HELP MEEEEE!!!! I have been craving buttertarts since 2 pm today and it is now 8 and I am still think about them and trying not to eat everything in the cupboard! WAH!
  • Flush 'em down the toilet darling. You shouldn't even HAVE buttertarts in the house!!
  • I don't have any in the house thank goodness! ....but the store downstairs does...which is why I am on the net trying not to eat!
  • Okay, well do you want me to make up a disgusting poem about buttertarts to turn you off? Probably not, huh?
  • First line of poem...

"Butter tarts make you fart"....next line, please!!!!!!!!!!!
  • "Just be smart!
    'Diss butter tarts!
    Results will be amazin'!"
  • If you don't eat the raisin
    In the runny tarts
    that give you the farts
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by mauvaisroux
    HELP MEEEEE!!!! I have been craving buttertarts since 2 pm today and it is now 8 and I am still think about them and trying not to eat everything in the cupboard! WAH!
    D'oh! I hope my horrible cravings (er, I guess they cease to be cravings when you give into them? haha) aren't rubbing off on you.

Again, today, I was a total pig. But... even telling someone is a huge step for me - I normally just keep it all inside. I can't tell if this feels good or not, lol. Dammit Mauvais, don't give up & eat those buttertarts!!!!!! Tomorrow I will start fresh & I kinda enjoyed that kick in the arse you gave me, so don't you give in, either!

Thanks, everyone!
  • Lunula sweetie, tomorrow is another day. (did someone just say that? )
    Go to bed and wake up with a fresh outlook. And then get some duct tape and firmly wrap it across your mouth...
    And we'll all do the same!
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by ellis
    And then get some duct tape and firmly wrap it across your mouth...
    rofl

Is it sick that sometimes I fantasize about falling into a coma so that I can't eat at all? teehee
  • Oh Lunula... if I could go to bed immediately after dinner I'd be thin as a RAKE! It's when I'm tired that I REALLY start to chow down!
  • That ***** Ruthless finished off the Christmas Laura Secords after dinner last night. Oh well, they did last a long time. Did you know that French Crisps get stale?