Ip Weekend Chat ~ 9/17 - 9/18 ~

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Ryuu - welcome! Happy to see another Minnesotan online! Happy Anniversary!

Tried my first exercise class in many years - Zumba - thankfully it was a beginner class - once I got some of the moves down, it was a blast! I'm sure I'lll feel it in my legs tomorrow.

Remain Strong!
    Jo
  • Mio
    I was a Diet Coke-aholic, starting each day with a DC at work and drinking at least 3 cans a day--some days more. Plain water first thing in the morning gagged me.

I wanted to quit--because in my heart, I know it's not healthy--but had to find something to give water a flavor. I tried Crystal Light, but switched to Mio. You can add as much flavor as you like and I now have gone over 3 months without starting my work day with a DC. Quite the switch, but I am happy.
  • Bella, Happy to hear you are feelling better - hope things begin clicking for you - you deserve it.
  • Quote: I was a Diet Coke-aholic, starting each day with a DC at work and drinking at least 3 cans a day--some days more. Plain water first thing in the morning gagged me.

I now have gone over 3 months without starting my work day with a DC. Quite the switch, but I am happy.
    Live2ride, great to see another Minnesotan online!

I know exactly how you feel. It's been 6 months since I've had a diet coke and I think I used to drink 5 or 6 per day! I hated plain water - and now I cannot get enough of it. I tried Crystal Light and Mio for about 3 weeks and found that it impacted my weight loss - so I've been back to plain water ever since. Unbelieveable for the person I used to be. But IP is all about life changes.

Good luck on your journey - I'm sure you'll do great!

Jo
  • Oh dear, I feel horrible. I had a weak moment at lunch today and ended up having NON IP Chili, a taco shell, some crackers a couple of bites of lasagna...why did I do this to myself!! This is my first cheat since starting on IP a couple of weeks ago or so. I was doing so well! But we went to a restaurant and it was too tempting. I had a lot of salad though. What happens to my body now ? I just cant believe I did this after SURVIVING a family wedding just last night!! and afterwords, I just felt guilty and SICK to my stomach. How do I recover from this ??
  • Quote: Live2ride, great to see another Minnesotan online!

I know exactly how you feel. It's been 6 months since I've had a diet coke and I think I used to drink 5 or 6 per day! I hated plain water - and now I cannot get enough of it. I tried Crystal Light and Mio for about 3 weeks and found that it impacted my weight loss - so I've been back to plain water ever since. Unbelieveable for the person I used to be. But IP is all about life changes.

Good luck on your journey - I'm sure you'll do great!

Jo
    THANKS, Jo!!!

I am excited about IP so far. I have been on for 1 week and 2 days. At my one week WI, I was down 5 pounds. I have been very happy so far. Already my clothes seem to be fitting better. Life is good!!!!
  • I am from Minnesota also. I have never been a big pop drinker, although I do like Pepsi. I have not heard of Mio. Is it short for something and where do I get it?
  • Mio
    Quote: I am from Minnesota also. I have never been a big pop drinker, although I do like Pepsi. I have not heard of Mio. Is it short for something and where do I get it?
    I bought mine at the local WalMart store. It is located in the same area as Crystal Light.
  • Keto strips
    Quote: Do you check your Keitosis with those little strips? I've thought about it but haven't taken the plunge yet.
    Yes everyday they gave me the strips.[/QUOTE]

When I restarted the program with a new counselor, no mention of strips or pH or any mumbo jumbo. I like that because just a focus on eating IP foods as suggested is good enough for me. Not thinking the "science" as presented is totally accurate, so I don't get too deep into that. The program works without much thought, just remembering to drink water and take calcium. It is a low calorie diet when all is said and done, and the products taste good and there is enough variety. I think anyone can lose weight on this program, and this is certainly better than getting some crazy shots or diet pills!!
  • Just start Phase 1 again the next day! Any weight you gained will soon come off. Just look at this as part of your journey..you have not stopped your weight loss, only slowed it down a day. You can do it.