What's this about?

• For the last week or so, after standing I feel lightheaded. I have never felt like that before. Every other facet of my health seems great-I am stronger and healthier than ever. What's this about? Does anyone else experience this? Is it something I should see a doctor about?
  • That happens to me when I get too hot/dehydrated. On the days I don't drink much water it gets the worst.

I hope you feel better soon, that's so frustrating to deal with!
  • I do keep hydrated.I am in dry old Arizona right now, so I am continuously drinking and as for hot, it's actually been really cool. I also don't feel bad, it's just strange because that's never happened to me before-I have to make sure I stabilize myself well to keep from toppling over, lol
  • dehydration and needing to eat, getting up to fast do that to me!
  • call your doctor's office, just to be sure. It could be anemia or any number of medical causes, even if it's likely related to eating and drinking.
  • I get like that too even though I eat every few hours and stay hydrated. Someone told me (don't remember who) that is could be caused by hormones regulating themselves and affecting the part of your brain and ear drum responsible for balance as you lose weight (whether that is true or not I don't know) Just a theory.
  • sounds like your eletolites (sp) could be low...try adding a little salt to your diet
  • Actually sounds to me like low blood pressure As you lose wweight your blood pressure is better! I had exactly the same thing, and went to the docs, and he took me off one of the meds I was on!
    Even if you are not on medication, 50 lb loss is a lot ofr your body to cope with. The dizzy feeling is your brain getting used to the lower BP.
  • Cool, guys thanks for the insights!
  • I get light headed all the time now. Almost every time I stand up in fact. I have talked to the doc and there is nothing "wrong" with me. I think the lowering of the blood pressure after years of it being on the high side must be the answer.
  • Actually, this has been happening to me lately, as well. I passed out the other day for a few seconds.
  • My best guess, if you're hydrated, is a) low blood pressure, b) low iron or c) low potassium. But, I'd see a doctor just in case and get a blood panel done
  • I've had that too before and I've gotten two pieces of advice- one, you may need to have a snack if your blood sugar is low. Two, you may not be getting enough salt. Especially if you've been eating mostly home cooked meals without adding much salt, you may not be getting a lot. I didn't realize how much salt I would cut out just by dropping processed foods.