Reward Suggestions!!

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Hello Everyone.

I am curious how everyone rewards themselves for what they have accomplished?? I know that IP takes alot of $$ weekly just to keep our loses going. I was thinking that I am due for something nice for myself. but I am not really sure what it could be... I have tomorrow off work and would really like to do something special for myself!

Any Ideas??
  • I'm getting my hair cut and colored the next goal I reach. Maybe a new pair of shoes or a cute shirt. I know that also makes you feel even better about yourself and makes you want to keep going.
  • You have lost an amazing amount of weight in a months time Jelly! You really deserve a reward. You and I go to the same clinic and there is a great masseuse there (Paula) with reasonable rates. I get a massage for my reward.
  • I didn't know that they had one there... Do you check in with Danita??
  • I think rewards are great. I am going to get a nice mani/pedi when I hit the 50 lb mark.
  • I bought myself a Pandora (charm) bracelet and for every 10lbs i loss I get a new charm, I have to go get one next week because I just hit my 70lb mark
  • How funny, I was thinking about starting a thread on this on my way home. Here's my plan.

The first weekend OP I'm going to let myself get the new Redbook magazine I've been eying. (So that's Sunday, I figure by then I should be in ketosis and it will get easier).

-25lbs I'm going to get my nails done

-50lbs (I'll be really close to goal, but for some reason that number is momentous in my mind) I'm getting my diamond earring that my husband bought me after I had our son replaced. The back fell off a couple of weeks after I got them and I want to replace one so I have a matching set again.
  • Quote: How funny, I was thinking about starting a thread on this on my way home. Here's my plan.

The first weekend OP I'm going to let myself get the new Redbook magazine I've been eying. (So that's Sunday, I figure by then I should be in ketosis and it will get easier).

-25lbs I'm going to get my nails done

-50lbs (I'll be really close to goal, but for some reason that number is momentous in my mind) I'm getting my diamond earring that my husband bought me after I had our son replaced. The back fell off a couple of weeks after I got them and I want to replace one so I have a matching set again.
    When the guy I dated a while gave me Diamond earrings I told him to make sure they had screw on backs, it cost a little extra but they are much safer to wear because I never took them off.
  • I bought a new Coach purse at 15, new clothes and a mani/pedi at 30 and my 50 goal will be anything i really want at the time hahah
  • Quote: I bought myself a Pandora (charm) bracelet and for every 10lbs i loss I get a new charm, I have to go get one next week because I just hit my 70lb mark
    That is a great way to reward yourself and symbolize your accomplishments. I am trying to lose 45 pounds before I graduate from nursing school. I plan on rewarding myself with a nurse tattoo on my ribs/side. I have always wanted one but have never had the interest in lifting up my shirt in a public place for someone to draw on. I feel like I'll be rewarding myself for two goals I've worked very hard at!
  • My reward is really seeing my kids and knowing/hoping that I will be around them long as I get older, I lost my parents before they ever knew them and I want to be around, and able to be active with them and their kids when that day comes.

The side motivation is a group of friends started a biggest loser type of challenge that we all paid into, the cash prize is close to $500 and as people don't lose weight between now and then they pay more into the pot. So far I'm kicking tail so that could be a nice bonus come Jan 1, but that's months away.
  • Hubby and I each get a $50 reward every time we lose 15 pounds. So far he's got concert tickets, dvd's, made a donation to our cancer foundation (he's a survivor) and I've bought books, ebooks, shoes, and my latest is having my rings re-sized from a 6 1/2 down to a 5. That's costing $70, which is ok, it's a dollar for every pound I've lost so far Rewards are awesome when you have a lot to lose, it's like Jordanna says, "I can't lose 150 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds at a time". It makes it fun to hit each benchmark and know you've really accomplished something on the way to your final goal, rather than it sitting off in the distance horizon.
  • 10lbs I got my hair done (it was badly needed)

20 lbs I'm going to get a pedi (I'm SO close, hoping to be there next week)

30 lbs no idea yet, scrapbooking items maybe as I'm addicted to Creative memories

40 lbs new pair of jeans and shirt and most likely shoes too

50 lbs I'm thinking hubby take me to Mexico (I'm working on putting the idea in his head, I think he may go for it woo hoo)

Goal (still deciding between 140/130lbs) - Professional pictures with my family
  • Quote: Hello Everyone.

I am curious how everyone rewards themselves for what they have accomplished?? I know that IP takes alot of $$ weekly just to keep our loses going. I was thinking that I am due for something nice for myself. but I am not really sure what it could be... I have tomorrow off work and would really like to do something special for myself!

Any Ideas??
    I had not really thought about it! Hhhmm..perhaps there is an iPad2 in my near future. We shall see!
  • i wear a set of black rubber bracelets. for every 10 pounds i take one off. simple and cheap. they are always there to remind me that i have something to lose.