Tight Abs

• I have not exercised much in the past except for The Firm. I started Hip Hop Abs today and really enjoyed it. I like the fact that you do not have to get on the floor. I am a little concerned that I didn't feel too much in my abs. Am I not tightening them?? Do you tighten your abs by sucking in your stomach??
  • Sometimes I suck in my stomach but there is also a tilt of the pelvis that can sometimes help too. On one of the infommercials he has a directions of how you should be standing
  • I am trying not be too hard on myself since it was my first time doing the routine. I think just being able to keep up with them was a feat in itself ... hehe

P.S. I have been reading your blog and you are a true inspiration ... thanks!!
  • Aw thanks! It's definitely going to take some adjusting. I know when I first started working out (to Jane Fonda).. I didn't know if I was getting it right but it was a real workout regardless of whether everything is precise!
  • My coordination is certainly off ... hehe but I figure as long as I keep moving and get most of it