OH NO major unintentional cheat. Help!

• I have been buying the bread and butter pickles sweetened with Splenda. They are 0/0/0 (with a little bit of sodium) per 1 oz. I grabbed the wrong jar at the store today. It fooled me b/c instead of no sugar added I grabbed the no salt added jar. OMG OMG I just ate them. They are 8 sug 8 carb per 1 oz. I had 1 cup or 8 oz. Seriously, I could just die right now. What do you think this will do for me? I just tried to drown them I drank so much water I could puke.
  • Do you think I woke up my pancreas too early? What should I do to handle the rest of the day. Should I skip my 3rd packet I have had one RTD choco and one bar for the day so far. (and two cups of veggies) including the bad pickles!!!!!
  • It happened. I'd just make sure to watch my carb count for the rest of the day. No restricted and go for lower carb veggies for dinner.
  • just stick to program the rest of the day. It may not affect you in a major way. No need to freak out, it was a mistake, you will be ok. Don't skip any of your food!
  • I'm so sorry! Let us know how it turns out for you - I've made small mistake and could totally see myself doing something like that.
  • This is like one of my nightmares.. like actual nightmares. I've dreamed about making such mistakes.

I would not skip a packet, just choose the lowest carb one (1g) such as lemon or strawberry pudding.

I would skip the rest of the veggies for the day as well. I don't like pickles, so I haven't looked up how much fiber they contain, but you should probably consider just net carbs.
  • Ugh. I have just been stressing so bad lately because I'm so close to goal. I didn't even want those damn pickles. I will have a strawberry pudding for the 3rd packet. I will just have my meat and some lettuce and skip the zucchini tonight.
  • Don't freak out....it probably won't affect you too much. Just make sure to keep your carb count as low as possible and you should be fine.

One time while on Phase 1, I went to donate blood (bad idea on 900 calories/day, by the way...but I didn't even think about it) and had a vanilla peanut bar so that I'd have something in my stomach. Well, after I was done and went to leave, I passed out. They wouldn't let me leave until I drank a whole juice box! I didn't even want to know how many carbs/sugars were in that. But I kept my veggie carbs and packet carbs really low for the next few days, and I was fine at WI.
  • Thank you all for making me feel better. I feel like I will know by tomorrow if it will affect me much or not. Ended up going for a 2 mi walk and used only egg whites in my meatballs instead of full eggs. Skipped veggie but had the strawberry pudding for snack.
  • Interested if you gain weight tomorrow. Do you weigh each day? I do, I like to see if I eat something different will I see it on the scale the next morning. I am sure you will be fine.
  • Quote: Interested if you gain weight tomorrow. Do you weigh each day? I do, I like to see if I eat something different will I see it on the scale the next morning. I am sure you will be fine.
    I do weigh every day and so far it has not caused a gain...I wonder would it take a day or two to catch up to me though possibly? We shall see. So far so good.