Primal / Paleo -- September 2011

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Primal Paleo who is in? I certainly am ...
  • I started working on eating Paleo (cavewoman) several weeks ago, when I was trying to treat severe inflammation, it has helped quite a lot with that, plus I have at least stopped gaining weight, and lost a few pounds. I have not been perfect with it (vacations pffftttt) but i am trying, also in the process of trying to decide just how much my body can tolerate in the way of carbs....I will be really happy if I can lose a pound or 2 a month--my body has become quite weight loss resistant....sigh...
  • My body is "weightloss resistant" too... it is just so difficult...but I am trying...

Tomorrow I am really going to go low carb... I will post my food... Maybe we can all do that and help each other...
  • not a bad idea, sometimes it helps to see it in writing...
  • 09/09/11
    so today I ate:

small steak and 2 eggs

pork chop and a huge salad (vinegar/oil dressing)

zucchini casserole I was not particularly happy about as it had bread crumbs and just a bit of egg as protein (I didn't cook) it was tasty but not enough protein

v8 juice and some nuts as a snack
  • Today I had:

m1...ham slices and a peach
    m2...apple
    m3...chicken and coleslaw with olive oil dressing
    m4...pork chop and brocoli drizzle olive oil

I fell of the wagon with 4 squares of plain chocolate in the afternoon *sigh*

1,025 cals .... 48.3 fat .... 104.7 carbs .... 56.4 protein .... protein is way too low and carbs too high... I will do better tomorrow without the chocolate ...

I did have a very good workout tonight though
  • your calories are pretty low too, 1200 is minimum, try substituting one of the fruits with some roasted unsalted nuts/seeds or maybe some cheese if you can do dairy....
  • My calories are low today, don't know why and I'm not that hungry so I'm not too worried about it... Yesterday I had 1500 or more, I can't really remember...but they are usually higher...
  • Brown
  • Today:

m1... ham slices
    m2... whey protein powder and an orange
    m3... broccoli and pork chop

I feel good so far with my food...
  • Brown, the first thing that happened when I went paleo is that I stopped having cravings, and my hunger was reduced by quite a lot, it makes a huge difference to eat as much fresh, whole food as you can, cutting out gluten can really help tons.....
  • Cheese omlette

wings--blew it on the veg here usually i have a big salad

salmon and cauliflower

slice of watermelon
  • Quote: Today:

m1... ham slices
    m2... whey protein powder and an orange
    m3... broccoli and pork chop

I feel good so far with my food...
    m4... banana
    m5... shrimp, cabbage drizzled with olive oil, small orange
    m6... dark chocolate
  • The less processed carbs I eat the less I crave...
  • ok today I had

small steak and 2 eggs/ slice of watermelon

chicken soup (no carbs just chicken and broth)

some nuts on break

salad steak and mashed potatoes (went to dinner with my sweetie) I don't feel bad about eating a reasonable serving of potatoes but everything tasted kind of salty and i am sure I will pay for that :P