Christian Encouragers ~ SEPTEMBER

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • We've been blessed with warmer temps the last two days; it was beautiful out there today. Felt like a lovely June day; sat on the porch with NIKO and read a nice Christian book while DH did a run on his bike & an errand. Went up town myself to do errands & pay bills today as well.

This am, NIKO gave us a small scare; DH accidently let him out without his lead so we went hunting on foot & bike so I got a walk in early in the day; but thank the LORD and his angels, we found him only a block from here. Thank goodness he doesn't wander far from home; DH says he would miss us too much.

I asked DH to take him for some walks around the neighbourhood so he can get familiar with it; I would but I'm not sure if I can handle him well enuff right now. As I rest from this move, my walking will get better again; so the morning seems to be a good time for me to walk at least.

All our neighbours have little dogs and walk them around here; the people in this area are friendly and I like that. DH lost his keys yesterday but he found them again today; I'm glad that he doesn't give up. He was so thrilled that he found them by himself today. He's doing better this week and that's good.

Today was pasta day at our house; we had whole wheat spagettini with homemade meat sauce ... yum! I made extra to have another day; so I put them in the freezer for next week (this is my homemade version of lean quisine).

Hope all our friends here are having a good day; take good care ... Rosebud
  • HI GALS ~

Boy it has been hot-HOT here the last few days. We had a pretty nice summer up until now. I ran my air conditioning more the last three days than all the rest of the summer.

Well the rain on Labor Day came and went throughout the day so we were able to have games outside and eat outside as well. We decided to hold off on the shuffleboard tournament since my daughter, sil, sister, and several nieces weren't here. The kids....all around 30 now...played corn hole, basketball and even practiced shuffleboard for next time. All in all I think we had 18 people come and go.

I have had the blessing of watching my GRANDdaughter the last 2 days and have her tomorrow also She and I have had a blast! I just love making her giggle

With all the houses lost in the fires in TEXAS this week I have been thinking about BOOTSIE...prayers all is well with her.

You sure are busy up there ROSEBUD thank goodness NIKO was found...AGAIN!!

be good
  • Good morning all! It is a beautiful sunny day here! I am on day 2 of my healthy eating and have gained 1.4 pounds. Obviously something very wrong here. Low fat yogurt for breakfast, fresh veggies, fruit and salad and protein for supper. Any suggestions ladies?? Sure need some encouragement and advice. I think I have totally screwed up my metabolism.....
  • Hi! I posted my intro a bit ago. This appears to be a daily check in for September? Hopefully it's ok if I drop on in here.

We're in the middle of a mini-home renovation, so I feel a bit chaotic at the moment. Probably not the best time for me to try to do a health re-focus, but I can always find an excuse to start "tomorrow." I'll probably skip out of work early and do a little work at home. Tonight we head to the roller rink for a birthday party for one of our youth group members. Last time I skated, I assumed I was as good as I was way back when and proceeded to land HARD on my hiney. Needless to say, after sitting on a pillow for a YEAR, I will not be skating tonight. My goal for tonight is to not indulge in the roller rink food and bring my own water bottle---hope they allow me to bring it in!

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Lisa
  • LISALOU ~ yes, this is the daily chat for September; glad you joined us over here. I had a similar roller skating experience myself; broke my right ankle skating on the road -- my friend was trying to save me from being hit by a car ... it has healed up pretty good over the years (although it took a very long time).

HI FRANKIE ~ I just noticed that you are also from Canada. Don't know what plan you are on or how much you weigh but that seems like a light day. Did you have any lunch? Looks like a low carb plan from the list you gave. I think many of us have screwed up metabolisms; that's what my previous doctor thought too. WE can only try our best to eat & live healthier -- one day at a time.

I had oat & bran cereal for breakfast; a ham & chz omelette with tst for lunch; and a burger & salad for dinner (whole grain bun). I usually have more veggies if I can; and now that fall is here, we like to have soup for lunch more often (we did 3 times this week).

My day was a bit rushed as the furnace guy came today; it hadn't been serviced for awhile so he had to give it a good cleaning and change the belt. The good news is that it works and there are no cracks or dangers, but it is old and will have to be replaced pretty soon. They are booked up now and that will give us time to save up some for it.

Some old friends dropped by to see our place and gave us a tv center for our livingroom; they even brought it over. That was very kind of them; and may GOD BLESS them for it too.

GARY ~ yes, it seems we have been much busier since we moved here. There's one adventure after another here with NIKO, for sure. We heard some strange sounds coming from the back yard -- listening closer, it was gnarling, growling, and nashing of teeth. We rushed out to find a huge St. Bernard dog wrassling with NIKO who was trying to get the big brute off his back (it would have been funny, if it wasn't so scary sounding). It took DH some time to get the interloper to leave NIKO alone and get; most dogs run at the sight of an owner. Well, we finally were able to scare him off and rescue NIKO into the house for awhile. The adventures of NIKO continue ...

My DAD & SM stopped off on their way home; they had been up for a visit but my Dad was glad someone came to check the furnace out for us. They dropped off a wee care package on the way out of town. Praying they have a safe trip back home.

We had very warm temps today too; almost up to 30 C (in the 90's) in the sun here today. THe thermometer said 30 C by late afternoon but it is cooling off a bit now. Seems like we are going to have a nice fall this year.

Yes, I hope BOOTSIE and all her family are doing well; sending up prayers about those fires in Texas -- they need more again. Have a great weekend everyone ... Rosebud
  • Justwant2B actually I haven't really chosen a plan I was just making an effort to choose healthy foods vs. junk. That explains why my weight hasn't moved ..lol...Monday is my start date so wish me luck
  • I've had a good day. I went to Jazzercise today for the first time. I think I'll probably sign up. Of course, as I walk in the room, I look around to see if I'm the heaviest person in the room. Of course, I was, but they were very welcoming. I managed to make it the entire hour. So proud!
  • Great job LisaLou!!! I am so proud of you too!!
  • A Newbie to 3 Fat Chicks...but not to God!
    Hi,

My name is Donna. I LOVE THE LORD! And I am so grateful for His hand in my life.

I had a heart cath and stent 3 weeks ago, and I've chosen to make some huge changes (no pun intended) I had a 95% blockage. Dr. said I was blessed to not have had a heart attack.

Jesus loves me, this I KNOW.

Tons of weight to lose, but I know that God is going to help me. He gave me a very special boy. Jonathan is 11, and has autism. He needs me to stay on this planet for a while, and my plan is to do so.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Donna
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
  • Hi Donna! What a wake up call for you. I'm thankful they were able to repair and you're here to push forward.

Today was an odd day. I'm struggling a little with food. I know it's because we need to do some grocery shopping. I can't eat bad food if I don't have bad food in the house. We need to get some healthy food so I can make better choices.

Happy Monday!

Lisa
  • I'm doing a Beth Moore Bible Study, and was thinking about God's love. And how my feeling of worth is so directly tied into my weight. I closed my eyes and breathed a prayer, "Thank you Father for loving me even though I am large."

Immediately I was reminded a verse that tells us how man see's the outward but God see's the heart. And I had these thoughts: "Donna, honey, I made the mountains, and they are big. I made the redwoods, and they are big also. Why would you think your size would ever deem you unlovely to me?"

I am so grateful for our Compassionate Father!

Donna
  • Which Beth Moore study are you doing? I've heard good things about her studies, but I've never done one myself. Once our little remodel is done (Lord, help it be soon!), I'll have a great spot to focus on some quiet time. I'm very bad at making the time to build myself up spiritually. I'm looking for a good study to do when I'm ready.
  • HI EVERYONE ~ wow, we've been very busy the last few days; getting things unpacked and put away takes a long time. Deciding where everything will go takes some time too. Finally got DH's TV/dvd/video player set up for him again so he can watch his favorite movies.

After a full day of setting things up and housechores; it was time to put my legs up and read for awhile, then I would nod off and the day was gone. As DH always says, I must have needed it. We had some friends drop by this afternoon; it was nice to see them and show them our new place, as one lady hadn't seen it yet.

DONNA ~ glad that you joined us over here; I agree that GOD does loves us just the way we are and we should too. Yes, there a many big and round plump things in this world, esp the animal kingdom. I was just thinking about this recently as well -- GOD made people of different races and color and height and size; and that's what makes them beautiful (like the many different kinds of flowers). It is mankind that seems to get so hung up on those differences, not GOD. People share their preferences, then try to say that is from GOD, but it isn't.

GOD loves us unconditionally; JESUS loves us all just the way we are. The bible says clearly that GOD wants us to have an abundance of good food and not starve. There is a big difference between overeating & starving ourselves. I'm not sure where people get this idea from -- that being big is a sin; and the only antidote is to starve oneself??? No, the perfect balance is moderation; eating just enuff of the good natural foods that GOD made to keep us healthy & well.

We can all love each other regardless of weight or size; and we shouldn't have to be told that. I appreciate people's minds & souls; plus the essence of their spirit & their characters; their gifts & talents; and their personality & their friendship, esp if it is founded in love & kindness & compassion for others.

Here's that Passage ~ 1 Samuel 16:7 ~ "But the LORD said ... look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature ... for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."

LISALOU ~ Yes, making sure I have lots of fresh foods like salad makings in the house; and lots of veggies & fruit makes a difference for me too. I buy some fresh and some frozen for those times that I can't get to the store when I need to. Just keep going; we all have off days, but things will iron out over the next day or week.

DH has gone for a bike ride; he ran some errands for me on his bike today. He has been very helpful to me this week that way; and it has helped him to feel better too. We sold our old car this week; at least we got something for it that we will put towards the house in some way. In the end, we will come out ahead of things; when I was doing our books today, I noticed that we will save quite a bit not having to pay for insurance, gas & oil etc, and repairs and parts galore. I was surprised just how much we were spending each month on all that. "All things work out for good for those who love the LORD" ... Romans 8:28.

The temps have cooled off a bit with a little sprinkle of today; but it was still 20 C or 68 F inside the house today anyway. We changed the handles doors on the fridge this AM for ease of access; and did sorting this afternoon until friends came by -- we needed to rest anyway.

It was fish day around here; we had fish with sweet tator fries & onions with romaine salad & sliced tomatoes for dinner (DH had his usual fries & gravy with his). Had a cupasoup and sandwich for lunch. I made a chunky beef soup for the last two days from some leftover roast beef & veggies I had in the freezer; it was yummy.

Didn't mean to be so scarce around here; sometimes you get busy and time just flies by. Hope everyone is having a great week; take good care now ... Rosebud
  • Hi,

I have never posted on this section on the forum but I have been reading threads and posts.

I would like to introduce myself. I am a married mother to two beautiful children name Tyler (8) and Rylie (1), hence the username Ryler. My family and I are devoted Catholics and are very active within our church community. I do not think that I would be here today if God was not in my life. The 3FC community has provided many great supports and motivational goal stories and I thank you all for that. "With God, everything is possible."

I look forward to getting to know everyone. May God bless you all today and everyday.
  • Hi Gals

Well, we had a great 9/11 Remembrance and BBQ at church on Sunday. I may post some pics later as soon as I load them.

EDIT ~ I got them up, link is in my next post that follows.

I have had a couple of days off, actually got to watch my GRANDdaughter on Monday Then yesterday I went over to my sister's and helped for a bit as she went to a "treatment" on her port.....for those newbies my sister is 2 years recovering from cancer/double mastectomy. My son and dil are high school teachers so my sister watches my, almost 6 month old, granddaughter. I was able to watch her last week for 3 days as my sister was in Hawaii.

There is going to be a lot of babies around here this time next year With my daughter being 4 months along and one of my niece's called last night, she is due with #2 for her in May.

Work is still slow for me but I am getting some days filled in, thanks be to God it is enough for sure. Having Angie's secure teaching job (what's secure these days huh ) sure comes in handy! She has often mentioned that I could probably retire and we would be ok but it sure would be difficult to do anything fun And when stuff like Reba's knee blowing out (she is one of our dogs) costing almost 3 thousand right after the transmission going out on Angie's car...well, I think I need to keep working when I can

RYLER832~ One of our golden retrievers is named Rylee My wife was going to spell her name Rylie when she was a puppy but then we realized if we combined the first and middle name of our son, Ryan Lee, we could have Rylee....just what our 23 year old, at the time, wanted Payback for giving us a hard time for getting a dog.

ROSEBUD ~ Nice for you to have friends coming over to see the new place Chores just never seem to end do they? Yesterday I spent the entire morning mopping the kitchen and dining room floors, scrubbing the tile on the counters and putting everything back that was out of place from the big BBQ on Labor Day and being gone at church most of last week-end with set up and clean up of 9/11 day.

DONNA ~ Prayers for you as you deal with these heart issues. One of my friends, at church, has had recent work done. He is the one who puts out all the flags for, not only our 9/11 Remembrance but other patriotic days at church. You will really appreciate his work if I get around to posting pictures of them.

LISALOU ~ Great job on signing up for jazzercise. The lady that started it way back in the late 60's/early 70's Judi Misset lived real close to us. One of my neighbors was in some of her first classes. I think they are still based here. Have fun.

FRANKIE ~ Keep up the good work on eating healthy!. My wife is a big fan of that...me...not so much .... She has a friend that has a great website on offering great information and choices....let me know if you are interested and I will post it.

Well Ladies that's about all I have for today.....

Take Care