40-Something Chat/Accountability A September to Remember! All Welcome!

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • three pounds down yay! I think I am enjoying the mental freedom more than anything, my mind just feels so much better when I eat well, then my body feels better and it is just a win win. I did eat way to much on Sunday but my binge days are fewer than they have been for quite some time. I may have one or two a week instead of 4 or 5 I am happy just for that accomplishment alone.

PP - praying for your dad and family, hope his surgery goes well, keep us posted please.

Hydra, big congrats to you that i awesome!

Annie - hope your feeling better

Lots of good news here, several whoshes that is great.

FL - being a 5-6 is awesome, Iknow you probably dont feel that way but I dont think they even had size 0 10 years ago, my 24 year old stepdaughter is a 5 and mega small and is probably only 5'1 and she is just so tiny I cant imagine. You are beautiful and it seems like your mind is more at peace the last little while, I am happy for you for that. It is hard living in a food prison as I know very well about that too.

I will probably only do a quick check in for the next week and half, university started and our office is mega busy. plus my trip to spokane i am super mega excited about next thurs to tues.

Good wishes and hope everyone here has a great day! Wish I could respond to more of you but love reading everyones posts!
  • Patchwork- so glad your dad came out OK! I will pray for a fast healing!

WTG Ashley!

I'm feeling quite down in the dumps lately. DH and I have been fighting an awful lot lately, and somehow everything seems to be my fault, the direct result of something I have done or said. I am exhausted, and busy, and I just wish I could stop for a few days. I'm having a terrible time not eating my feelings... but the good news is, I am not eating my feelings! I exercised and then went out running errands where I am away from snack foods. It would be far too much work to stop by Circle K, so it's safe out there. It's not safe here. I'm about to go pick up my kids from school, and then it's back home where I have to keep finding my strength, as I know it does not exist at the bottom of a bag of Chex Mix.
  • Hello all! Just a quick check in here. I am ready to get to bed. Busy evening getting some house work done. Now I'm watching a really creepy show on TV. I need to turn it off and get to bed quick!

Food is okay. I cooked a good, dinner that was fairly light last night. It was my son's GF's b-day and I made her some strawberry heart cakes with strawberry cream cheese icing. I had some last night and sent the rest home with her. We have a small one left in the freezer and we may have that this wekeend. Bought some individual cups of ice cream and zi had one tonight. 170 cal/9g fat, but it was enough to satisfy me. Going to do an official weigh in tomorrow and Friday (I take the best of the two for my weekly weight) and go with that. We have a new Sunflower Farmers Market here in town and I want to go there and see what goodies they have.

Did 3 miles WATP this morning.

PP-So glad to hear your Dad's surgery is behind him now. I know you must be so relieved. Hope his recovery is uneventful.

Ashley-Congrats on the loss and enjoy your trip! I know you have been looking forward to it for a long time.

Hang in there everyone. We can do this!!
  • Twinieten thank You for your kind words - sorry to hear about your marriage issues, it is so much work isnt it. I am so with you on 'wishing I could stop for a few days'. Life can be so much work someimtes. Way to go on not eating your feelings.

Annie, thanks for your encouragement of we can do this at the end of your post that was areal uplift for me.

I heard something said on TV last night from Joyce Meyer, - feelings buried alive never die! ugh so true I have in the past done that for so long and have been dealing now with bringing those feeling to the surface and not eating them like Twinetin said. It is hard work but worth it. Had a terrrible first marriage very abusive alsoholic husband and very cruel. It has been freeing to no longer allow his words to control me and hold truth over me. Forgiving him has been an ongoing process but worth it, and has been a 17 year process..... happy to be moving forward.
  • Hello everyone. Glad about PP's Dad heading to recovering. Twinieten, I so know the feeling--been married for about 15 years.

Ashley, I think it's right about burying feelings alive (Zombie Feelings! Dawn of the Living Zombie Feelings). I think that might fit what this morning was..the primordial soup of oncoming TOM with Zombie Feelings making me snappy and out of sorts.

Raining for days here but supposed to clear up this afternoon. I work at an outdoor festival this Saturday and the weather looks nice. I facepaint for our city-wide events so they can have a free painter that's pretty guaranteed since I work for the City. I love to facepaint because I used to do it alot for my kids but now their too big.
  • ashley- Great job on the 3lb loss!

Today was sad, I had to move my mom from her assisted living place, to the county home. She is almost broke, it was time to make the move, she is not happy and because she has dementia, she's not allowed to have a phone. I pity her, life for her will be so different now.

I learned today, from her medical records, that she was diagnosed with Gastronitis ( don't know how to spell it) years ago. I bet that is what I have, it's probably hereditary. No wonder I have stomach problems! this week was horrible, felt like crap & didn't even exercise. I ate small meals today, less calories and I feel good!! I guess I know what I have to do, but I might start losing weight, oh well.
  • Not much change with my Dad. The Dr is pleased, but Dad just doesn't feel well, and sleeps a lot; he's still in ICU

I had Bible study in the morning, did a little cleanup around the house, and knitted. Lovely weather outside. We still have the windows open with a few fans blowing. Welcome change!
  • Hi all

Penguin - hope your Dad has a swift recovery.

Fruitlady - it's so hard, isn't? I'm going through this process with my parents just now and it's hard... hard, hard, hard.

Ashley, Twinie, Iara, Annie - hello and have a great day!

I ate what felt like a huge dinner last night, plus popcorn in the microwave (I confess I do like those shaker seasonings! High sodium, but it's a yummy snack!) and was really surprised to see I came in just under 1600 cals for the day. The scale stayed the same this morning, so it's super to know that I can creep up a couple of hundred calories now and then without guilt or gain.

Off to work! Happy Friday!
  • HeatherAngel- I think sometimes the extra salt is a good idea! If we drink a lot of water, and sweat a lot, we have to give back some of what's lost.

PP- I'm sure your dad is working on healing while he's sleeping.

Ashley- Ain't that the truth! I want to beat those Zombie Feelings (LOL iaradajnos!)! I have a lot of those feelings buried alive. I hope to replace the food with physical exersion.

Fruit and Heather... I know it's so hard. Keep up the strength! Do the best you can for your parents, and that's all you can do!

I'm still feeling down, but focusing on improving my future. I'm taking a class and working towards applying to a college program which will begin this fall. I've also lost 4 pounds this week, giving me both a non scale, and scale victory! My body released a 2 pound gain, probably water, and then released another 2 pounds. I'm still 2 pounds behind goal, but I certainly cannot complain about where I am today. I just need to keep plugging away!
  • Man, am I retaining water. At least I hope that's all it is. Yeah, I ate a lot over Labor Day, but not THAT much. Still, I'm up about 4 pounds, and it ain't going anywhere, not even after a 1350-calorie day, with exercise.

Kind of startling, I've never had it not go away after a day of light eating. And I feel SO heavy, like the water is in every limb and digit. My stomach's out to there. Anybody got water-retention insights to share?
  • WEll having a bit of a tough day emotionally, i am just so burnt out even though I have Thur - Tues off for my trip i finally took two weeks off in oct even though i wont get paid and hubby has no income, i will just deal with it I cant go on like this anymore, I am tired and crabby alot of the time for being tired. Really praying and hoping hubby will finally get an answer on his social security as the hearing was in April. I cant believ how long it takes. I still manage to work out and have good eating days which of course helps feel better but it is hard to deal with everyday life when you are exhausted. I am barley even working today at work i feel bad for that, playing around on the computer alot, had a meeting, and some phone calls and just basically waiting for 3:30 to come, I feel so guilty for not being more productive. Id leave early but I am on our student phone line till 3:30 today hoping not to many calls come in cause i dont want to talk to anyone.
    Sorry but that is my rant for the day!

FL - I am sorry to hear about your mom, my nan (grandma just passed away a couple months ago) went thru the same thing, her money ran out then she had to go to the other side of the building where she lived for those with no money. It was so hard on my mom and nan of course cause she never wanted to leave her house in the first place.

Food was good till now, ate too big of a lunch though but worked my but off at lunchtime.
  • Heather- Thanks, My mom is 89 & has a bit of dementia, that makes things even harder.

twin- thanks, your doing a great job, hang in there.

Joan- I retain water like you do(3-6lbs), as soon as I eat a high cal & higher sodium meal. I've noticed also that I don't lose it as fast, usually takes 2 days, but the last time was more like 4 days. I lower my calories to 1200 & eat under 1000mg. of sodium for as long as it takes to get rid of it, that works for me. One food I noticed really helps is Kiwi fruit. Oh, and plenty of lean protein!

Ashley- Thanks, my mom is 89 and insists she can still live on her own. She fell & broke her hip & can't take care of herself, she can't live alone. Also, I think you need a break, you'll feel so much better. Take it easy

Finally walked for 36min. today. It felt good to get back in the groove!
    Still eating small meals, & making sure I don't eat onions or garlic, my stomach was great again.
  • Morning all! Just popping in - sending good vibes to everyone!

I am so glad it's Saturday; I have lots of things I want to get done, but for now I am still in my pjs, drinking my coffee, on 3FC.

Have a terrific day!
  • Mom says she knows Dad is feeling better because he's started teasing the nurses. He was more talkative today, but tired quickly. He's in his own room which means Mom can stay with him.

The last time I tried to get on Chicks the whole computer froze but today wasn't bad, some days I have more patience than others.

I made some muffins last night from a Hungry Girl recipe {cake mix and can of pumpkin, nothing else} I made 6 Spice cake and 6 carrot cake muffins {using half of each cake mix} They were very good but I like the spice cake better.

Ashley, I hope you are able to get the rest you need.
  • I'm a happy girl - today is official weigh in day for me (I weigh myself every day, but I'll chart losses every Sunday here on 3FC) and I am down exactly 10lbs in week one. I don't CARE if it's mostly 'water weight' - it's gone! Woohoo!

I'm aiming for another 8 in September, but hey - *shrug* - even if I don't make that, I'm still going!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone. And I'll be taking a quiet moment later today to remember 10yrs ago.