What clothes can/can't you wear, no matter your weight?

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Ladies please get a bra fitting done!

I just can't repeat this enough!!!!
    Alas, that wouldn't help in my case. I'm an A-cup and the fat is completely separate from the boob, and is on the actual pit. I'm a freak of nature LOL.
  • Quote: Alas, that wouldn't help in my case. I'm an A-cup and the fat is completely separate from the boob, and is on the actual pit. I'm a freak of nature LOL.
    That's actually normal and probably because you're not really an A cup. What happens if you start wearing a bra that fits well is that the fat will eventually move back to your boob. I have a link to this somewhere I'll try to find it and post back here with it.

Have you measured yourself? What are your measurements? You really need to go somewhere great to get a good fit, so many stores use the archaic adding 4-5" rule that can really mess you up.

ETA: BTW, if your fitter did use the old 4-5" rule that means you would need to go down two band sizes and you're probably be more like a C or D cup...
  • The 4-5'' rule is crappy. It told me that I'm supposed to wear a 30AA. LOL. I'm a true 32C.
  • Quote: The 4-5'' rule is crappy. It told me that I'm supposed to wear a 30AA. LOL. I'm a true 32C.
    True that. It says I'm supposed to be something like a 36F or so. In reality I'm about a 32H and anything with a bigger band gives me A LOT of back pain!!!
  • Quote: That's actually normal and probably because you're not really an A cup. What happens if you start wearing a bra that fits well is that the fat will eventually move back to your boob. I have a link to this somewhere I'll try to find it and post back here with it.

Have you measured yourself? What are your measurements? You really need to go somewhere great to get a good fit, so many stores use the archaic adding 4-5" rule that can really mess you up.

ETA: BTW, if your fitter did use the old 4-5" rule that means you would need to go down two band sizes and you're probably be more like a C or D cup...
    Ok, please read these two blogs. There are a lot of pictures and better explanations than I can give myself.

http://venusianglow.blogspot.com/200...5-seconds.html

http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/02/...a-fitting.html

One thing that I found interesting is that migrating breast tissue can even go all the way to your back! Yikes!
  • Skin-tight dresses. No matter what my weight, my tummy pooches out and mocks me.
  • I can't wear 3/4 length or ankle length trousers. I have really short legs so wearing cut offs just makes me look (even more) stumpy.
  • Shorts. I've never had a pair that looked good on me, but I will try to wear a sailor pair with tights if I ever get down to 115 again. Bare upper legs aren't a good look for me, lol.
  • Quote: Ok, please read these two blogs. There are a lot of pictures and better explanations than I can give myself.

http://venusianglow.blogspot.com/200...5-seconds.html

http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/02/...a-fitting.html

One thing that I found interesting is that migrating breast tissue can even go all the way to your back! Yikes!
    You have convinced me. I have been wearing the wrong size. I've been wearing 34A and by measuring it seems like I should be 30B. I'm going bra shopping today. I just assumed I was 34 because I have broad shoulders. Thanks very much.
  • Quote: You have convinced me. I have been wearing the wrong size. I've been wearing 34A and by measuring it seems like I should be 30B. I'm going bra shopping today. I just assumed I was 34 because I have broad shoulders. Thanks very much.
    Good luck! I hope you find something that fits well!

FWIW, I have really, really broad shoulders and my underbust currently measures at 31" and I still have a good amount of weight to lose so I don't think that shoulders and ribcage measurements are necessarily related.
  • Quote: I have yet to meet an empire waist that didn't make me look pregnant.
    But that is the BEST PART of the empire waist! It was made to hid pregnancy when it was still "gross" to show you were preggers

They do look cute on pear shaped girls tho... the ones with the tiny wasits
  • Right now, I can't wear crop tops, any tight shirts (I have a lumpy stomach and love handles...ickkkkkyyyy!), shorts, those puffy cuff sleeve shirts, umm... thick leggings/stockings because my legs are already thick so why make them even more unflattering? lol

But soon. Soon.
  • I so am going to wear a crop top at goal because I've never done it before.. I doubt it will look good on me but I would so try!!
  • I forgot to add this, but it must be said: SCRUNCHIES

I haven't worn scrunchies with confidence since my sophomore year of high school :/ I'm currently a junior in college. I'm at the same weight as I was back then, but more self-conscious, and less built. Bleh.

I miss wearing PONYTAILS <3 and rocking them like a tennis star
  • Oversized clothing. At 5'2, they just do not work on me. They make me look pregnant. When I was at 107 pounds, it still looked bad on me.