A nice compliment today

• I walked out of my building at the end of the work day and noticed a couple of guys coming out of an alley, I recognized one of them as someone I used to work for. I said "hi" and got a pretty strange look in return. Then he says "Hi, Terry??" in a puzzled tone. Once he realized it was me he said "boy, do you ever look good. Have you lost weight?". I told him I had, he asked how. I told him diet, weight training and cardio everyday.

It really made me feel good that someone noticed and decided to say something!
  • Wow, that's something else! Congrats. I bet at your height and weight you're looking very lean.
  • Yah!!!! *happy dance* It feels good to see others are noticing your hard work right? Well done
  • It's neat that you're able to enjoy the compliment. Congrats on those 17 pounds gone and good luck staying the path for the rest.
  • That's the best when others have noticed your hard work. Congrats on the lbs. lost so far.
  • Thanks guys, it really did feel good because it came from an unexpected source. You guys all look like your doing great!

@MelodyMist, I love your sig, "I never regret a workout, I only regret cake"
  • Saskey: It's funny because honestly I never really thought that guys even noticed things like that about another guy. It's amazing how much more conscious men in general have become about body image which I previously thought only women were. Nevertheless, it's nice to be told that we look good, I agree.
  • I think alot of guys notice, just choose not to say anything.

It's funny, when I lost 45lbs no one really noticed and I think I was fine with that as I had gotton used to decades of living in obscurity as a heavy person. Oddly something happened at 55lbs, now everyone notices, even my male friends. I feel somewhat like a celebrity, although I like the encouragement I am still not sure I like the attention.
  • Congratulations on making it to the "Hey Have You Lost?" stage! I'd agree it's around 40 pounds when this begins.

The people that you meet every day may never mention the weight change since they slowly become accliamated to it. It's those who encounter you only intermittently, that are suddenly "jarred" by who they see - versus who they remember.

I've had two comments - one from a tenant at one of my properties, and the other from the groundskeeper. People that I only meet every few months.
  • That's great! Congrats on the compliment
  • Thanks