Hello pleased to meet you

• hi everyone.

i am a newbie and i was looking for a weight loss forum for ideas and advice.

i am 37 years old and have some health issues. i was told by my doctor that i needed to lose weight or things could get really bad. so 3 weeks ago i started a weight loss plan that i have put together my self.

my start weight was 109.9kg and my waist was 49 inchs.
    i am now 105.9kg and my waist is 47 inchs.

i have been weighing my self everyday to see what effect the exercise has on my diet but i am thinking of changing it to once a week.

i have found that there are some days where i dont lose any weight at all.
    then i have a day where i lose alot. i dont understand that.

i am on a low calorie diet. i have about 1600 a day. thats down from about 3000. i have a treat day but i still keep an eye on how many calories i have.

i am doing an easy tabata exercise plan to try out the afterburn effect. i do it for 10 minutes in total. i do it 3 times a week.

some questions i have are:

should i weigh myself everyday?

is it normal to go a few days where your weight stays the same?

should i have more calories a day?

what is the healthest amount of weight to lose a week?

sorry its a bit long.

thank you for your help

chrisc74
  • Welcome to the forum! You will find amazing support here!
    Should i weigh myself everyday?
    This is a personal decision. I started out only weighing myself once a week but now I weigh just about every day. I cannot give you a reason for this change, its like my scale calls to me in the morning saying "Step on me" lol.

is it normal to go a few days where your weight stays the same?
    This is totally normal. Weight loss is not linear, you may go several days before you see a loss. In fact, it is normal to do everything right and see a gain followed by a loss. Whatever the scale says, keep at it and keep following your plain. I recently went through a period where I gained and lost the same two pounds for almost three weeks before I saw an actually loss. Frustrating for sure.

should i have more calories a day?
    1600 sounds a little high for me. I try to stay between 1300-1400 but if you are losing weight at 1600 per day, I say stick with what works for you.
    what is the healthest amount of weight to lose a week?
    Popular belief is 1.5-2lbs per week is considered healthy but I do not think there is any actual medical fact proving this. Some weeks you may lose more than that, especially in the beginning of your weight loss.
    Best of luck!!!
  • thanks for the info. it has really helped
  • hi. just thought i would put in an update.

i have lost 30 pounds in 12 weeks and 9 inches off my waist. everything is going really well. i average about 1200-1400 calories a day which seams to be working really well.

i seam to be averaging about 2lbs a week which is ok as long as i can keep that amount going until chrismas.

both the diet and exercise are going well. i dont think i can do anything more to my plan to make me lose any more than i am. but i dont mind about that.

hope everyone is doing ok

Chrisc74