Fabulous Forties & Beyond, #135

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Hey gang ~ How is everyone doing on this COLD Friday morning? I am getting ready for work and thought I'd stop in for a moment. I am starting this new thread because I tend to get lost when they get too long. That's me.....lost.

I will write more tonight. Have a wonderful Friday and a blessed day.

Zoe <><
  • Terri,
    enjoy that winter wonderland! We're dry as a bone here, not a flake in sight nor on the ground. That's fine with me love the cold, like Es, but not the snow.

I love LeeAnn's idea of earning Activity Points for shivering! My furnace has been running constantly, seems like it never takes a break, and I've got it set at only 70.

Jess called and said they had Matthew in the ER at 3 in the morning, he had a fever of 104.5 with vomiting...turns out to be a severe ear infection, causing loss of equilibrium, a type of motion-sickness, resulting in the vomiting. The poor little guy had tubes in his ears when he was 9 months old, but one had fallen out, and of course that's the ear infected. He'll be ok but I can tell she was scared. We never stop worrying... first our kids, now theirs.

We were just invited to a fish fry this evening how on earth will I eat fried food? We don't normally, much less when I'm OP. It's at a tavern type place, we were there once years ago for drinks; I don't know how extensive their menu is...hopefully a decent salad will be available! And it's with my SIL, I haven't told her yet that I'm back OP. She's the one who lost 80 pounds on Xenical a couple of years ago, and has now gained it all back. Wish me luck!!!

~Jen
  • Hope everyone is having a good Friday. I'm so glad that it's the weekend!

Well, yesterday I walked 3 miles on the treadmill and burned 375 calories. The water is finally beginning to feel like a habit, but will the exercise ever feel that way. I dread it so much. Once I've finished my walking, I'm so up and feel great about it, but it's just getting started that bothers me.

JEN, isn't it great how we motivate each other without even trying. I come here, see what everyone else is doing and then begin to feel quilty.

ES, soup sounds good. I know that you guys are colder in New York than we are, but 20 degrees is very cold for us. But never fear, next week it will get in the 70's. I hate Louisiana weather.

LEEANN, I forgot to congratulations on the house. Sounds like you're one busy lady.

Hello ZOE, TERRI, DIANNE, and anyone else that I missed. I need open the books!

Ruth
  • Ruth,
    great job on the walking!

Last night turned out perfectly for me, points-wise. Had a big salad w/turkey and asst'd veggies, dressing on the side for dipping. Used lots of my points in Amstels but did not go over, in fact I banked 4 points! We haven't been out like that in ages, it was with my bro and SIL, and Joey joined us. So that was a big hurdle out of the way and I'm feeling more positive about being out in eating/drinking situations.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    ~Jen
  • Good Saturday morning everyone....(I think it's still morning, right?? Oh no, it's noon........)

I just got in from WW and going to the new house. My good friend Tracy (we go to WW together on Saturday mornings) wanted to see it. She just couldn't wait....so we rode over there. I wasn't really having second thoughts but now that the mortgage stuff is done and we're ready to do, I thought maybe I should look around some more.....but after going with Tracy today, I really love the house.....so I'm sticking with it.

As for WI, it was GREAT!! Anyone remember my goal of being 158 by vacation?? Well, vacation is 2 weeks from today and today I lost 3.4 lbs for a total of 38.8 ~ I am only 2.4 lbs from my vacation goal and I really think I can do that in 2 weeks. Oh, and I'm only about 12 lbs from goal. Of course, vacation may throw me off somewhat but you know, I really think that I eat differently now so even if I gain 'some', it won't be as bad as if it were a year ago.

Hi to everyone. I have a MILLION things to do so I'll say adios and talk to you's guys later.

Patti <><
  • Hi Girls

I haven't had a chance to post in a few days. Yesterday I was out all day. I went to the mall to buy David an electric blanket & jeans for me. Dave lives in a studio apt. that was a garage & it's very cold in the winter. You know how we are about our children no matter how old they are. So I brought over the blanket & & winded up going out to dinner with my nephew, his wife & little boy(adorable) & David. Pete payed for the bill. Thank God it was a Chinese Buffet. I made good choices but blew it with dessert. I had a 1/2 cup of ice cream. I'll just have to start fresh today. I only lost 1/2 lb. this week.

Zoe, I'm at a loss of words Girl. You are doing so well with this program. How many pts a day are you eating? Any little tip will be helpful. I'm starting to lose very slowly but then again I always use up all my points.

For all you football fans I bet your psyched that it's Super Bowl Sunday. I crack up every year around this time because the supermarkets get crowded as if it was a holiday! I have to go food shopping today & believe me I'm dreading it.

Well Ladies, I shall return this evening.

Hugs,
    Es
  • Es,
    WEIGH TO GO!!! A loss is a loss....that's 2 sticks of butter!!! I hope I do as well at weigh in tomorrow..I have to confess I snuck a peek at the scale today and it showed a 1/2 lb. gain I'll have to face the music tomorrow, can only attribute it to the beer the other night

HI Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Sandy, Janie, Ruth, LeeAnn, Cindy.

Super Bowl tonight....go BUCS!

~Jen
  • Hi everyone

Wow it was quiet in here over the weekend!

This morning was weigh-in....lost 1 pound. I am not going to peek at the scale any more before Mondays, it only freaks me out.

That makes a total of 9 lbs. so far.

have a great Monday

~Jen
  • starting WW... and I'm a fabulous 40+ LOL
    Hello,
    Was wandering around and saw this thread. I am just starting good with the Weight Watchers and need advice. Because of financial situations I am doing this on my own without going to meetings. I have a food companion book on the way to me and have also a friend that I email my food journal to and she converts what I've had into the points. So far, this seems to be working for me. I would much rather figure out how much points I have to work with than watching carb counts or calories. Sounds lazy but I just think this clicks better with me and my life right now. I may be 43 but I have a young 8 year old daughter who is in second grade. I have been married for 17 years and I am a stay at home mom to our one and only daughter. OH! My name is Donna! Do you think I could fit into this group? I sure would appreciate it!
  • Congratulations to all of the loosers!!!!

And congratulations to those of you who supported Tampa in the SUperbowl . I think it is horrible what happened in Oakland after the game. It's only a gameafter all. Get a life. I was rooting for the Raiders but the turnout either way doesn't effect my life one way or the other. I am ashamed to be a raiders supporter. IF this is how these people act about a game I am glad that Tampa won. OK I'll get off my soap box now.

I must admit I went to a small superbowl party yesterday and I did not watch my points at all. I am going to have to be really vigilant from now until Thur to make up for it.

HAppy Monday,
    Janie
  • Janie,
    I totally agree w/you concerning the "fans' " reaction to the loss in Oakland...it is only a game! Sadly, it seems to be happening in many cities after championship games, whether it's football, basketball, baseball, etc. Too bad all that mis-directed energy couldn't be used for some good. Good luck this week with staying low in points.

Donna,
    Welcome this is a great group, you'll like it.

~Jen
  • Welcome Donna! I think you're going to like it here. I've known these fabulous girls for three years & I've grown to love them all. Is this your first time on WW? I know what you mean about counting calories, etc. This is so simple. Just the way I like it.

WTG Jen!!! WoooHoooo 9 lbs.! I posted yesterday but I lost it. It made me so mad I didn't feel like posting all over again. Thanks for cheering me on for my little .5 loss. I guess it's better than a gain, right?

I was up 3 lbs. this morning!!!! That darn chinese food. I had it twice this weekend. I took a all natural water pill. Lets see what happens by tomorrow. I know I should weigh myself once a week but I felt heavy so I was curious. WHY DID I DO THAT! I was upset over the stinkin 3 lbs. all day. I just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill. Tomorrow I'll do my Firm tape. Love that workout.

Well buddies, let me go over to WW. I haven't logged in all day.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,
    Es
  • Hi everybody ~

Ah, another Monday over. I hate Mondays.

Es ~ Don't fret over that gain. Chinese food is filled with sodium so I'll bet it's all water. It will go away.....the best thing to do is to really concentrate on "no salt" for most of the week. You know, I don't have ANY salt, no popcorn, no WOW chips, nuttin, the day before WI. That salt is a killer. So don't worry sweetie pie, you'll be down in numbers next WI.

Hi Donna, welcome to our group. You'll love it here. WTG on doing WW on your own. If you have support and some help, you'll make it. I have been doing WW off and on for years but this time, I think I finally have won. Any help you want, just ask. That's why we're all here and all such good friends.

Jen ~ Weigh-to-go on that pound. Woo Hoo, 9 lbs gone. You're on a roll girl.....keep up the good work. You're doing great!

I have to share this wonderful dessert that I can't seem to stop eating. I found Dryers (or Bryers, depending on which part of the world you live in) ice cream that is sugar free. NOT FAT FREE, just sugar free. The vanilla tastes just like real vanilla ice cream. I measure 1/2 cup for 1 pt and toast 2 eggo Special K fat free waffles....let them cool some and make an ice cream sandwich. It's the BEST 3 pts I could have. You can make it a 2-pt snack with only 1 waffle, cut in half, for a half sandwich and eat the ice cream that won't fit with a spoon. YUM YUM YUM!!

Hi to the rest of you "LOSERS". Hope you's are having a great evening.
  • Thank you so much Zoe, Es, and Jen for the warm welcome! I received my food companion in the mail today! I only had 22 pts today. I've done this for two weeks and lost a pound and a half. The first week I did it I had the dreaded birthday cake! LOL It was my dd 8th birthday and we were celebrating all that week!

I look forward in learning more about you all and where you all are in your journey down this WW path!

BTW.... water weight is my enemy culprit too!

Have a good evening to all US LOSERS!
  • Jen,
    Congrats on a great loss. 9 pounds is WONDERFUL!!!! Never peak at your scale. That could have triggered you to eat. You did great.
    I am so gald Matthew was ok. Scary stuff. Poor little guy. Poor mom and grandma.
    Great food choices. Don't you feel great when you walk out knowing you did well.

Zoe,
    Congrats on your loss. That is wonderful. Hope you have a great time on vacation. Great snack tip. MMMMmm!!!

Es,
    1/2 pound is great. Be proud.
    Chinese food will put on temporary water weight. Don't weigh but once a week. It really will be better. Great job on doing exercise after seeing that. A Lot of people would eat.

Ruth,
    Congrats on the miles you walked. That is awesome.

Janie,
    I didn't here what happened in Oakland. Riots?
    The ones I don't get even more are the ones who riot when they win.

Hi Donna.
    Welcome. Good luck. I am Terri and I am 43 and have 3 kids, 16,11 and 9. I am a stay at home also. I have been happily married for 20 yrs. to your little girl.

My kids and I watched the Superbowl and had some snacks. We had shrimp cocktail. Kids love it. I didn't eat as much as I thought I would. No scale until Sat. for me. I know there is water in there that needs to go away. I could feel it in my fingers.
    I wante Tampa but I don't like Warren Sapp. I do like that John Trent. He used to be a Steeler. He is so cute.
    Bruce is going to D.C. for a few days so I will be fixing a lot of ff hot dogs and Lean Cuisines for the kids and I. They love Lean Cuisines. No big meals the rest of the week. YAY!!!!

TTYL,
    Terri