12 Weeks to Take Off II Challenge - Starts 8/25 - Come Join

You're on Page 3 of 33
Go to
  • Blondie160 - I just added you to the spreadsheet and put you down as "On Leave" until the week 3 weigh in (9/15). If you want to change it to week 4 to be safe go for it. Welcome Back

A few of you replied that you wanted in but didn't add your names to the spreadsheet

This list includes...

LGW
    hotHealthy4life
    KimL1214

There is plenty of time of officially sign up, this is just a friendly reminder to add your name to the spreadsheet. Thanks.
  • I'm number 33 - this is going to be great
  • Sounds like just what I need. Thank you for getting this started, Scarlett!

Will post my starting weight when we get closer to the actual start date. I look forward to losing with you all!
  • I'm new here, and this sounds like a great challenge... I need to be accountable
  • ok for the "Week 13" people from the last challenge.

I weighed in today at 199.7 though I think I have some bloat from a salty sandwich I ate yesterday.

I tried on my dress for Sat and it fit comfortably, but I'm having second thoughts about if I want to show that much clevage at a wedding. I don't look like I'm about to loose a boob but the dress has a deep V neck and definately shows off my curves.

I'm headed out to the mall to see what I can find. I plan on buying a dress and then if I decided to wear the first one, I'll return the one I bought. Really it's just an excuse to get out of the house.
  • Ooh I almost forgot about this week!

Today I weighed in at 151.9 - my weight is still 3 up from what it was before I started 30 Day Shred. (I finished Day 9 today) Thought about quitting and decided that was weird - this is definitely a healthy thing... as long as I don't overeat, there's no way that is 3 pounds of fat, nor does it mean it will stay there forever.

Anyway, I'm going to NYC tonight (I live in the Midwest so - unexpectedly! Boyfriend got an interview and is dragging me along!) and I'm not going to be able to do 30DS for two days. I'm also not going to be crazy about food for two days - boyfriend deserves girlfriend who can eat a New York bagel and some damn pizza! Also a healthy girlfriend - and that's why I'm on plan most of the time, right?

See you ladies next week for the "official" beginning!
  • Weighing in at 230... Same as last week. I'm in some sort of weird funk. I've changed my workout routine so maybe my body is just getting used to it? My eating has been pretty darn good, so I'm hoping for a whoosh soon. :/
  • Weighing in this week 182 LB goin the right direction woohoo
  • It's a good thing I looked up Scarlett on her public profile! I found this thread on her profile. I kept stalking the interim thread, hoping that there was a link to the new thread for the second 12-week challenge!
  • Sign me up

Edit: Signed myself up. Can't open googledocs at work
  • SuaSponte - have fun. Enjoy the pizza!!

LongTallBee - there's often no rhyme or reason to weight loss. You’re a strict diet ninja one week and lose half a pound. Then cheat like crazy the next week and loose 4. It'll even up eventually.

FassGal - Sorry about that. I thought that since the new challenge was in the same forum everyone would find it. A bunch of "Alumni" haven't re-signed up yet, so maybe that’s what happened to them (Though they may just not want/be able to do another challenge).

I just bumped up the old thread with this link. It just got confusing since the original original thread neared 500 replies as the challenge ended. Then I created a new thread for the overflow from the original challenge, but new people started posting in that one. So I thought we might as well just use the new challenge thread and let that one die off. For this challenge I plan to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'll start a new thread around week 9-10 if reaching 500 is a possibility. Glad you found us. Welcome Back
  • Scarlett--

Love
    LOVE
    LOVE the new charts!!!

I like that you have the on leave tab, and the google doc system to let everyone post weigh-ins that way. Makes it easier to manage.

Just a tiny suggestion...can you alphabetize the names? That way it's easier to find them. I didn't want to step on your toes as I know this is just the "sign-up" sheet and it goes in order of time the person sign up.

Anyhoo...YOU'RE AMAZING! So smart!

I'm SOOO EXCITED!!!

By the way...my week 13 (challenge gap/unofficial) weigh-in...

BOOOOO!!

2 pound gain! 4 pound difference from my 2011 "low" weight (of 148.0)

I want to get back down to 148.0 as much as possible by week 1 baseline weigh-in. That is my goal!

Everyone: What is your baseline goal for week 1 (next week)?
  • Just a friendly nudge, these people replied that they wanted in the challenge, but didn't add their names to the google docs spreadsheet (see original post on page 1).

hotHealthy4life

*Edit, just one left on the missing list now

There is plenty of time to officially sign up. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you missed the spreadsheet .

and I just re-alphabetized the names again for Belia. I just need to keep doing it as new people join.
  • Thanks for linking to this thread, Scarlett; I would have missed it!

Also, 37 people on the chart -- awesome!
  • week 13 weight: 136.6 lbs

I can't really complain though. I started eating maintenance calories because I am going in for a breast augmentation on Tuesday! I picked a different doctor than the one who told me 500 cc's and I am feeling really comfortable with him. I am going somewhere between 350 and 400 cc's, which means that I will be gaining at least 1.65 lbs in my boobs. So I think I am going to take my Monday or Tuesday weight and add 1.6 lbs to get my starting weight. On Thursday I will be super bloated so the weight won't be accurate, but I also don't want to have "gained" almost two pounds of something that cannot come back off if I go with the unaltered number from before surgery. You all don't consider that cheating do you?