A Plethora of NSVs

• I swear, these NSVs make all the "just saying no" to food that is off plan SO worth it!

1) When someone checked my ID, they did a double take and asked if it was really me (time to get a new ID weeee)

2) My historically fit friend and I made plans to go hiking next weekend. She said "you need to take it slow for me though, and we need to find an easy trail for me. I am going to hold you back..." - this is the girl who inspired me to start running a year ago

3) My doctor told me I should think about stopping weight loss now. When I told her I was still 15 pounds from being a normal BMI, she double checked my chart and said "you don't look overweight at all anymore". I guess all those toning exercises are working! Which leads me to:

4) I have shoulder, arm and back muscle definition. It looks so awesome! And they are hard as a rock! My legs are pretty rock hard too now. Too bad all the extra skin is hiding all these cool muscles.

5) My husband is loving on picking me up and I can actually wrap my legs around his waist and give him a big ol' smooch.

6) I was just able to zip up my goal pants for the first time. I think they need 5 more pounds before I can actually wear them out of the house though
  • Those are all awesome NSVs! You have been such an inspiration to me through my weight loss journey and have made me believe I can be as successful as you have been. I am really looking forward to my own NSVs. Thanks for staying committed and upbeat because it has helped me tremendously. Congratulations!!!
  • WOW!!! And I am NOT going to give advice on what weight you need to be at or when/if you need to stop losing weight, but... I think the quintessential example is the super-hot and super-buff Tiki Barber, whose BMI puts him in the obese category. I've linked to a BMI story that uses him as an example.

http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/194

Since I trust that you are not using the BMI as the ultimate decision maker on when/if you will stop lose weight, though...

YAY for all of your amazing NSVs. You are an inspiration to all of us. So cool.
  • I seriously teared up reading this--you're amazing!! You should be SO proud of yourself!
  • Wow! What amazing rewards for all your hard work and dedication! Great job! You are truly an inspiration!
  • WOW!!! Terrific is all I have to say. Such an inspiration.
  • OMG girl! You amaze me every time I read one of your post! Words cannot come close to express how proud I am of you! From one former 330 something chick to another, I totally know how hard you have worked and how dedicated you are! You are Queen Bee!
  • good job! that's awesome!
  • How exciting! Your NSV's are truly inspiring.
  • Thanks all for your kind words! I am pretty excited, and still working to get these last 25ish pounds off (it's slooow going I tell you what...)

And no, I am not using BMI as my goal per say; I do want to go down to the established 'normal' BMI for my height, but my ultimate goal is a little below that- as long as I feel and look good, that is. It is really all up in the air, although I do have a couple numbers in mind.
  • WTG Pacifica Bee! That's inspirational!
  • Bee - You are one of the 3FC members who inspire me daily. I am so amazed at your progress. I often look at your blog and every single time I do, I know that I would never have recognized you now if I had known you when you were heavy. You have really transformed yourself. It IS time for a new ID photo!

Lori Bell - I am also in awe of your success. You were losing and I assume posting at a time I was not a member in here, so I don't "know" you like i do some of the current losers. But I've seen your posts on occasion and just hope I'll do as well at maintaining.

Lin
  • Wonderful! I've so missed visiting this site while on vacation, but yours id the first post I read. Congrats! I am inspired.

Now don't laugh but what is NSV? : )
  • WOW girl you give me so much inspiriation you are AMAZING!!! I love your post and your NSV's, they tear me up it's so wonderful!! Thank you!!!!