Easy make-ahead snacks

• I was wondering if any of you had some suggestions on easy make-ahead snacks for me. I always eat a mid-morning and late afternoon snack. I've been hard-boiling eggs and eating cottage cheese but I need more recipes in my snack arsensal, so to speak. I'd like the snack to include some protein. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  • You know I love me some protein snacks too.

Big fan of greek yogurt myself, but I know you're not a yogurt fan!

Do you eat meat at all? I love beef jerky as a snack, an ounce is typically only 80 calories -- generally I eat 2 ounces for a snack. It's a little pricey though, the boyfriend and I are interested in getting a dehydrator.

Of course protein bars, but you have to watch the sugar in those.

I also like the instant oatmeal with low sugar, the little instant envelopes generally have about 5g of protein. For a bigger snack I add a tablespoon peanut butter to it for a bit more protein and more lasting power.
  • hummus and pita chips and veggies are great
    laughing cow light and melba toasts and a piece of fruit/veggies
    cold grilled chicken chunks on a mini salad
  • I plan on bringing pieces of carrot and apple and peanutbutter/almondbutter dip on my trip to France - sitting in a car all day passing junkfood at every stop, I hope it's enough to make me feel filled. I'll also boil 2 eggs.

I could use more tips also!
  • @Dorian5: I never thought of beef jerky but I heard it's not that bad for you. Also, the instant oatmeal - I will definitely try that.

@DezziePS: Hummus and pita chips. I love the combo.

@philana: Baby carrot sticks I always have on hand. I love peanut butter too.

Thanks ladies!!
  • Mmmm, plain organic oatmeal w/ natural pb
  • For the record, I went home from work last night and had 1/4 cup oatmeal & PB. Thanks for the inspiration lol
  • -1 C Soy Powder (440 cal, 4g fat, 96g protein
    -1/2 C Oat Bran (120 cal, 3.5 fat, 8 protein, 7 fiber
    -1/2 C Wheat Flour (250 cal, 7g fat, 16g protein, 14g fiber
    -1/4 C Wheat Germ (110 cal, 3g fat, 7g protein, 14g fiber
    -1/3 C Raisins (180 cal, 1g protein, 3g fiber
    -1 C Cranberries (400 cal, 1.5g fat, 6g fiber
    -1/3 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (140 cal, 10g fat, 10g protein, 4g fiber
    -1/4 C Slivered Almonds (170 cal, 15g fat, 7g protein, 4g fiber
    -12.3 oz 2% Fage Greek Yogurt (220 cal, 7g fat, 27g protein
    -1/4 C POM Cranberry-Pomegranate Juice (30 cal
    -1/3 C Dark Brown Sugar (250 cal
    -2 Eggs (140 cal, 8g fat, 12g protein
    -2/3 C Natural Peanut Butter (590 cal, 48g fat, 24g protein, 8g fiber
    -2 t Vanilla (30 cal
    -2.5 t Cinnamon
    -1/2 t Ginger
    Total: 3070 cal, 107g fat, 208g protein, 50g fiber
    *Cut x 16: 192 cal, 6.7g fat, 13g protein, 3.1g fiber