Hello friendly friends

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Yep it's me. You know when you get out of the habit of doing something and then you keep thinking "wow that really did help me... I should do that again" and then you don't... but you keep thinking it? That would be me with 3fc. lol!!!

So... it's been 1.5 years since I saw 198 lbs on the scale and almost 3 years since I saw 377 lbs. I'm STILL not back down to 198. That would be because I maintained purposefully for a LONG time (a year) and then gained back 40 lbs taking me to 245 (and quickly gained it back I might add...) and now have been back on plan for over two weeks. In those two weeks I've lost just over 6 pounds... so that makes me happy.

I have a hard time with being scale obsessed so I've only weighed myself twice... that is working for me.

So I'm here and needing support. I CANNOT go back to the way I was before... CANNOT AND WILL NOT.

loves
    me
  • Back Cfmama I missed You!
  • Hi and welcome back! It sounds like your a pro at this 1) because you've already managed to lose a ton of weight and 2) because your being honest about what works for you right now and are staying true to that.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this new mini journey to get back to 198 and on!
  • Welcome back =)
  • Welcome back. Be proud of the fact that you see what you were doing wrong and are ready to fix it. I obsess over the scale, too, but can't not weigh myself every day. Then I get upset if it's up a little, so I only count what I weigh on Wednesday as being "official!"

Lin
  • welcome back and great job getting back on track!

It is scary how quickly the weight can come back on when you stop paying total attention, isn't it? I used to delude myself that I was a good maintainer, unfortunately, I maintained myself to 270 lbs or so!!
  • Welcome back Cfmama; I wondered where you had gone! Glad to hear you're headed in the right direction. Steer clear of the scale for now if it's going to make things worse.

Hope your kids and dogs are all well!
  • Hi Cfmama! It's great to see you. Ya know... you can always come back any time. I am so, so glad you are here again. There's good support here - you know that. Carry on.
  • cfmama- remember me? I disappeared from 3fc for quite a while, gaining 100lbs in the meantime. It was so amazing to see your pictures after I came back. I didn't recognize you until I saw the name! I'm sorry to hear that you're in a rough patch right now, and I can totally relate. Can I ask you- have you been treating the last year or so- while you haven't been losing- as a maintenance period or as a loss period (and blaming yourself for not being OP)? From my experience, trying to push myself when I wasn't in a good place was the worst thing I could have done. When I was 160, I was frustrated with how I looked and felt about my body, and just wasn't mentally ready for dealing with the last few pounds. I wish I had told myself- or someone else had told me- that it was okay to maintain for a while. I kept pushing until my body and mind pushed back, and went crazy with the junk food. Now I look back at myself at 160 and think that I would be happy if I never lost another pound beyond that. But I'm back, motivated, exercising, and happy- and I'm glad to see you.
  • lovely to see you back again, horay!!
  • SO happy you're back. Always look for ya, good luck!
  • Good to see you back! I am also getting back into the habit. I must admit when I first joing 3fc you were one of my biggest motivators! Happy to see you back!
  • I was "maintaining" for some of it and then doing a lot of punishing myself for not staying on plan for the other part I'm still on Zoloft and that is coming up 9 ish months I guess. Zoloft made me SO FREAKING HUNGRY for months... that is gone now though thankfully.

Kelly: it is GREAT to see you back on here. It seems that we really are having the same struggles and are in the same place.

friends!!! I'm so happy to see so many familiar faces
  • Hey Glad I'm not the only one who gained some back! I restarted 5/18 after maintaining/gaining throughout 2010. Now ALLLL my skinny clothes are loose (or unwearable) and I'm zooming on down to goal weight. Plan to be there by the end of the year (or sooner) and I'm SO GLAD to have my #1 Main Woman back!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cfmama, welcome back!