What's for dinner?

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • grilled steak, grilled zucchini and grilled mushrooms. note to self, don't start playing agility with your dog while you are BBQing... everything was slightly black.. oh well.
  • 6 oz of steak and brocolli
  • Shrimp cocktail
    I used sugar free heinz ketchup and horseradish its 0/0/0 mixed together
    ate it w/shrimp, was good
  • Rotisserie chicken served over butter lettuce with tomato, cucumber and kohlrabi on the side
  • I made grilled turkey breast and an asian salad:

Asian Salad:
    1 lrg head of Sui Choy (Napa Cabbage) - cut out large vein and chop into strips
    5 green onions, chopped
    about 2 handfuls of "broccoli slaw"

Allow those to get to know each other for a while....

I add a few slivered almonds (toasted), and some sesame seeds (not OP, but very few carbs)

Dressing:
    1 tsp. soy sauce
    1/2 cup splenda (dry powder)
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/4 cup oil

THIS makes enough for 2 salads worth (2 family salads on separate nights)

I drizzle the dressing over each individual salad, and keep the rest in the fridge...and only a wee bit of dressing (2 tsp).

This is delish!!!
  • Beef tenderloin and shrimp kabobs with grilled baby zucchini, red peppers and asparagus
  • Grilled New York strip steak, kale chips, salad w/cucumbers, onion, radishes
  • My boyfriend is out BBQing as I write this. He is grilling cod filets with yellow and red bell peppers, chilli peppers, garlic and lemon, along with mushroom and zucchini skewers. I can't wait to eat it!
  • Bison meatloaf....take 2 lbs of ground bison and put in a food processor with 2 peppers (1 yellow, 1 red), add in whatever spices you like - rosemary is great! - and sea salt and pepper.

Put it in the oven @ 350 for about 45 min-1 hour. It was fabulous. Unfortunately, our naughty golden retriever also thought it was fabulous since he countersurfed half of the meatloaf...yes, that's right, he ate 1 lb of meatloaf.

I served that with an arugula salad with EVOO/lemon.
  • Quote: Bison meatloaf....take 2 lbs of ground bison and put in a food processor with 2 peppers (1 yellow, 1 red), add in whatever spices you like - rosemary is great! - and sea salt and pepper.

Put it in the oven @ 350 for about 45 min-1 hour. It was fabulous. Unfortunately, our naughty golden retriever also thought it was fabulous since he countersurfed half of the meatloaf...yes, that's right, he ate 1 lb of meatloaf.

I served that with an arugula salad with EVOO/lemon.
    HAHA - love the term 'countersurf'....it made me laugh so I had to comment.

7 oz salmon - soy sauce/fish rub/little bit of oil drizzled on top (never liked salmon alone) with a massive salad (full 2 cups and a lot of lettuce) and my own dressing.
  • Rotisserie chicken and asparagus.
  • 2 hard boiled eggs with salt
    curry cucumber salad (tbsp WF mayo, 1/2tbsp vinegar, 1tsp curry)
    - the mayo is gross alone but this combination was actually really good.
  • My dinner was actually boring last night: two hard-boiled eggs and a green salad But I had better days
  • Lean grass feed beef with a little splenda, chili powder and a dash of tomato sauce. On top of that I put a mashed cauliflower and shredded zucchini hash seasoned with chicken broth, cajun seasoning, garlic, and onion powder. It was actually pretty good. The hash was browned with some EVOO (I had to squeeze the moisture out before I made a sort of pancake hash).
  • grilled salmon over a salad of greens, cucs, tomato, basil and EVOO....YUM