Help Help Help!!!

• Ok, over a month ago I went on vacay. While I was there, I stayed on protocol pretty well. After I got home, my weight had not changed! Cool! I was just glad that I didn't gain. But then I started working out - A LOT! I had purchased a new eliptical/arc trainer and it was assembled right before my vacay so I wasn't able to use it. So I get home and starting using it. And weight training. I found myself gassing in all the workouts, so I started going OFF protocol - trying to eat healthy, but off protocol, just to get more food - carbs too - in my system. I gained about 3 pounds and want to get back on protocol 100% but I am having the WORST time!! I make it about 1/2 day and then I eat real food and wreck the days progress. So I start fresh in the morning and same thing. How the heck does anyone get back on protocol after that?!?! I have only 30 more pounds to lose and I know this program will do it, but I love my food AND I don't want to give up working out. I know there is an athletic protocol, but I'm not sure I work out hard enough for that. I just need advice on how to get back on the wagon 100% again. HELP!!
  • I just bumped a thread for athletic protocol for you
  • I am in P1 and also workout. Before you try the Athletic Protocol, why not try adding in a 4th packet? I have been working out since day 1, but the first 3 weeks I was pretty weak and had to scale back my workouts. I do Crossfit and run, so my training is rigorous. It sounds like you are getting back into P1 after having been on vacation so you body is adjusting again to the lower carbs and putting your pancreas back to rest. Here is my typical day:

9:00 am- IP packet
    12:30 pm- 8 oz protein, 2 cups veggies, salad and 1 t. olive oil
    4:00 pm- IP restricted packet
    5:30-6:30 pm- Workout
    6:30 pm- IP Ready to Drink chocolate drink
    8:30- IP packet, 2 cups veggies, salad and 1 t. olive oil

This has been working great for me! Once I got over the hunger of the first few days, I started to feel better. After about 3 weeks, I noticed that my energy levels during my workouts were starting to increase and now I am at or above what I was before IP.

My suggestion to you would be to continue to exercise, just scale it back to match your energy level and add an extra packet immediately following your workout.

You can do this! You have been down this road before and you know how crappy the first 3 days are. You need to just committ to it and get over the hump. Just keep telling yourself "Get through today" and eventually you will get through the rough stuff and be on the other side.
  • Wow, a month vacation and you didn't cheat, or gain...that's really great. i don't think I have the discipline for that.

I agree with Jennydoodle's suggestion of the extra packet, and wuv2's kindness in bumping the athletic protocol should give you more info.

I exercise with running, kickboxing and weights and found in the first few weeks I just ran out of steam and felt too weak to keep it all up. Now, I have great energy and can lay on the exercise, but the BEST part, is I can exercise for alot less time and lose weight, too.