IP Daily Chat- Thursday, August 4

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • So yesterday was WI #5 & I lost 3 pounds ! I'll take it ... i'm dieing to just get into the 150's, to me it just sounds much better?! My coach told me to beef up on the water, so I even posted a reminder picture on my desk @ work in BIG letters it says "DRINK MORE WATER" hopefully it'll be a reminder to keep chugging!

I ran out of my multi-vitamins this week but my coach told me I can by my own? rather than spending $25, I can get an OTC woman's one a day ... kinda iffy, but if it saves me money ? i'll try it . Also, there is a nutrition place close by, who actually sells packets that are very similar to IP & actually the guy told me its the same makers of IP just different brand ?

SO MUCH CHEAPER !! ... 7 packets for $10.99 & they have the same stuff ... omelet,chili, spaghetti, puddings etc. Think im going to go for it? I mean kinda scarey to switch, but I think it's worth a shot ! I'm not completely going off IP, i'll still buy somethings every week, but I'm going to try repacing like one packet a day with the new brand ... & if I doesn't work out, i'll go back !

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Quote: SO MUCH CHEAPER !! ... 7 packets for $10.99 & they have the same stuff ... omelet,chili, spaghetti, puddings etc. Think im going to go for it? I mean kinda scarey to switch, but I think it's worth a shot ! I'm not completely going off IP, i'll still buy somethings every week, but I'm going to try repacing like one packet a day with the new brand ... & if I doesn't work out, i'll go back !

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Tomorrow is my WI #5 and my first WI after being on the alternative products for a week. I will try to get on and post my resuts right after I weigh in. Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy with getting a dog to the vet and school clothes shopping for the kiddos. Congrats on your loss!!!!!
  • Quote: My 5 week weigh in went fine yesterday, I was worried for nothing thank goodness. The 180's are so close I can taste them!

Luv2b - chocolate coconut pudding? what's that and where do I get it??

Pxl - I just put my 3yo daughter in swim lessons too. Here in Washington there are lakes and rivers everywhere and I'm terrified of her drowning so I'm making her learn young, as you are. So far she loves it. So glad you got your son out of that pool quick with no issues.
    LOL....chocolate coconut pudding....its the chocolate pudding with coconut flavoring...its DELISH!!!!!
  • Good morning all. A brief "catch-up" after being absent for a couple of weeks traveling a few thousand miles and experiencing Israel/Palestine.

Bottom line is that I lost a bit of weight while traveling. I have not been to an official WI, that is tomorrow, but according to my "unofficial" scales I'm down 30 pounds, which is past my half-way point.

Traveling OP was OK many days and impossible for me on other days. If we were eating in our hotel or at most restaurants I could find good food to eat that would keep me OP, although it was hard to resist some of the great food.

When we ate meals in people's homes, I ate what was provided and didn't worry about staying OP - I could not refuse their hospitality, especially given some of their circumstance.

Now I'm back totally OP and enjoying the NSV's of smaller pants, my last notch on my belt and being more fit.

It would have been much more difficult for me to have negotiated all the walking we did, up and down hills and many stairs and the heat if I would have been carrying an extra 30 pounds.

I have to run, but I'll try to do a more thorough update later.

Stay Strong!
  • Ok here's a question, i read a couple of days ago that doing IP can affect your TOM...i just started IP this monday and my TOM was only due next thursday but it just started now. Can it affect your body that quickly?
  • Quote: Ok here's a question, i read a couple of days ago that doing IP can affect your TOM...i just started IP this monday and my TOM was only due next thursday but it just started now. Can it affect your body that quickly?
    From what I have read from the post about it...yes
  • Thanks for the support pselias, busymomx4, wuv2bloved and 2riderollercoast....love this forum....the tips and the support for challenges and sucesses are a major part of my weight loss.
  • Quote: Feeling off this week. Not feeling sick though. Like on Monday I was driving to work and then though it was Thursday so I turned around and went to the bank and grocery store to only realize it was really Monday, then I was late for work. I'm having strange dreams and have no energy. I never forget a meal, yesterday I got home and my 3pm shake was still in my bag, I totally thought I drank it. Its not like I am old and getting altimeters I'll be 38 in a couple of weeks. Also i have been getting headaches that really never happent to me at this point of the diet. Been on IP for almost 5 weeks now and have felt good w/the exception of the first week. Maybe I do have a bug or something hope the rest of the week gets better...this morning I can't seem to function though my head feels like its in a daze and I already had a coffee that didn't help much.

Well have a great OP IP Day everyone!
    I have felt weak, tired and have headaches since starting this diet. Today my stomach is gurgling so loud other people keep looking at me. Hope you get well soon.
  • Starving for some reason today. Had to break out the PB soy puffs I keep in my desk for emergencies. Maybe I'll just have a super large salad for lunch and no packet so that I can still have a snack tonight.
  • Quote: I have felt weak, tired and have headaches since starting this diet. Today my stomach is gurgling so loud other people keep looking at me. Hope you get well soon.
    If your tummy is grugling that loud you need to put something in it. Drink some water, eat some lettuce or pickles or eat an extra packet.
  • Biggest pet peeve during this diet so far: People bugging you to eat! Unless you are going through or it or have been through it people don't realize how difficult it is! But I love saying no thank you and feeling okay about it!
  • Quote: So, with a 3 lb loss last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!
    Congrats Ishbel!! 60 lbs is amazing!

Quote: Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I put on my fattest fat-pants. Seriously. They are waaaayyyyy too big and saggy now. But it reminds me of how far I've come when I'm having an "I feel fat" day. I also like to remind myself that I've lost more than my 5 year old weighs. That's perspective!
    I kept the outfit I was wearing in my before picture and sometimes I pull the pants out and marvel at how large they are and rejoice in the fact that they won't stay up at all!

Quote: With less than 3 months to go before the BIG DAY (my brother's wedding), I'm really trying to stick to it. I've been on strict bootcamp this week, and it's really paid off so far!! I'm weighing every day this week, just to make sure I am accountable for each day, and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. YAY!!

FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.

It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!!
    WOOHOO congrats for making it in to ONEDERLAND!!

Quote: Thanks MovingON for starting the daily thread.

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us.

The lifeguard asked if we were both ok. I said "Dylan, are you ok?" He coughed twice and was fine... We were both a little shaken up. It made me realize that I am SO thankful to be doing a program that is making me healthier. Not that I couldn't have fished him out 50lbs ago, but I sure was FAST... The lifeguard then asked if I was ok, and I replied "Yes, I am fine. This is why I am never more than 2ft away from him in the pool"... Everyone laughed.

EDITING -- my knee started hurting around 9pm. I realized that I had tweaked it somehow when I turned/jumped simultaneously, and only started hurting after the adrenaline had stopped. It's ok today, but I know THAT would have hurt a whole lot more 50lbs ago.
    My husband took his eyes off our two year old for a moment and he went under water and couldn't get back on his feet. I was on the sidelines with our newborn and just had to watch in horror as my husband had to lunge for him....longest few seconds of my life!! Glad your son is okay and you were healthy enough to make sure of it . Hope your knee gets better soon!
  • I had the yummiest dinner last night Buffalo Chicken Sliders wrapped in romaine leaves...didn't even miss the bun they were so good!

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

1 onion, finely chopped
    1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
    2 Tbsp. water
    1 lb. ground skinless chicken breast
    2 1/2 Tbsp. Buffalo wing sauce
    1/4 tsp. salt
    Cooking spray
    8 green-leaf or romaine lettuce leaves
    8 tomato slices

Spray large nonstick skillet or ridged pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and water; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are very tender, aout 8 minutes. (my coach said it's fine to 'steam' onions as long as you don't caramelize them)

Transfer to large bowl and let cool 10 minutes. Add chicken breast, Buffalo wing sauce, and salt; mix well. With wet hands, form into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.

BBQ and enjoy
  • Quote: Starving for some reason today. Had to break out the PB soy puffs I keep in my desk for emergencies. Maybe I'll just have a super large salad for lunch and no packet so that I can still have a snack tonight.
    A fourth packet now and again isn't going to hurt you, better than starving
  • Had my first WI last night after my initial start. Down 5.2lbs, I haven't been in onederland in years. (I was eating healthy and exercising a lot before I started IP which got me close to onederland but was never able to actually get there) I am so excited. Next goal 189!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!