IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31

You're on Page 3 of 13
Go to
  • Quote: I just say to exclude week one, because mathematically (statistically) it would be considered a "flayer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Centroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.
    Yes venting helps but I am surprised if you are post-menopausal that you would compare yourself to younger woman or any man. I have had a very hard time all my life losing weight which I now know is due to insulin resistance. But nothing prepared me for how incredibly hard it is after menopause.
    I have to bite my tongue not to say to younger colleagues Get it off now, you have no idea how hard it will be later!!

So to me this is a miracle seeing a lose in my first week. This is after several years of logging everything on fitday and trying to balance everything and stay around 1200 calories and not lost an ounce. I will be ecstatic if I lose 11 pounds in 4 weeks.

My coach didn't mention anything about average loss, I notice she carefully goes over the food journal before she gets one on the scale.
    I don't really pay attention when someone talks about a cheat. It is something I just cannot afford to do both heath wise and financially because I know one cheat will wipe out a week for me.

But I do understand your frustration. The thing that makes smoke come out of my ears is on another site I am on so many people say Oh, losing weight is the easy part, it's maintenance that's the killer. No the killer is following all the rules and maintaining forever when you need to lose the weight.
    It was an eyeopener to me when I read what Dr Tein said about minor indulgences. He said for example a glass of wine won't make you gain weight but it won't help you lose it either.
    So I don't criticize anyone who does cheat but at this price I won't be one of them. At my age (64) it will take me forever to make up lost ground.
  • Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I'm curious to know how everyone is setting their goals...what's the best way to stay motivated? I have a big goal and I need to lose about 66 pounds but I welcome suggestions on mini goals. I think meeting these will keep me excited about the program and wanting to stick with it.
  • Quote: Happy Friday to my fellow IPers!!!!
    Started the morning with WI#10 (only 4 days after WI#9)...down 2.

Totals for 10 weeks------39lbs and 47 inches GONE...

Those that aren't seeing the scale move, STICK WITH IT, trust the program and yourself!!
    Congrats!! That is awesome!
  • Quote: Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend
    Woohoo!! Keep it up, your doing great! I do WI on Friday as well and I think it does help keep me on track for the weekend.
  • hang in there! i have never lost like everyone else either. I have started writing down what I eat and weighing everyday to see if their is a correlation between them. I am following low carb, but am not on the IP "plan" because of the cost. I have lost 21 lbs in 6 week -with 1 week off for vacation. I'd be happy to share info with you.
  • Quote: Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I'm curious to know how everyone is setting their goals...what's the best way to stay motivated? I have a big goal and I need to lose about 66 pounds but I welcome suggestions on mini goals. I think meeting these will keep me excited about the program and wanting to stick with it.
    I basically stole Pxlkitty4's signature, lol. Mini goals could be losing some % of what you want to lose, or making it to a lower tens etc. I tried to set my mini goals for somewhere between losing 3 to 5 pounds.
  • Quote: Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I don't set a date for my mini goals just a number I want to see. Example found a awesome purse at the consignment store the day I started, so I put it on my dresser and named it my "under 200" purse. Also I break it down into 10 pound sections easier than looking at 75.
  • Quote: For those of you who like the chocolate drink but are worried about the high carb count on it, mix it with a pkg of vanilla pudding and split the powder out for two separate drinks, brings the carb count down to about 5.5g instead of 9 but you still get that chocolatey goodness
    yum, thanks, did you like?
  • Quote: Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend
    How motivating! Go you! Enjoy your OP weekend!
  • Quote: ok can anyone give me some rescipes I have been on the IP for 2 weeks and the food was good at first but the same thing everyday is getting boring can anyony help me PLEASE
    Look under the sticky notes there are 3 pages of recipes or do a search for IP recipes.

Quote: Today will be official weigh-in #4, I got on my scales this morning(which I have been the same as my clinic) and there is NO LOSS! grrrrrrrrrrr. I have not cheated once. I am PO'd at all the people that come on here and say "well, I cheated but still lost" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, but I work so hard at losing weight and it is never fair to me... this program says 3-5 lbs for woman and if you exclude week #1 (which you should on any diet) I am way lower than that and I think for what it costs each week, they should change the average, which I am talking to my coach about today, because there is no-way I am losing like it says and I DON"T CHEAT!
    Well, it is soon to be the weekend Picnic and yard work for us!
    I had a gain the first time I didn't lose and I cried right there on the scale. I had stayed 100% OP but still gained. I was very upset but my arthritis was also in full swing. I just told myself that it is going to come off next week and it did! The scale may not be moving but your body is making adjustments in other places, you will notice your clothes getting bigger or looser and the iches nor the pounds are coming off. TRUST ME, they number will eventually come to see the light, please don't get discouraged. By the time I am finish with this program i will have lost 200lbs right now I have 56 gone. So hang in there with me/us and we will get through all of this together! Make a friend on this board that you can talk too when you are feeling down. Josey and I text when she is having a bad day or feels frustrated. It helps to have a friend that is going through the same stuff you are.

Quote: Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend
    WOOHOO!!!....go Josey!!!....and you were worried!!...I told ya NOOOO worries! Hey I just realized you lost .1lb more than me this week!

Quote: Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I don't really set my self any goals, wait yes I guess I do. I just do it to lose 10 lbs and when I reach that 10lbs I am happy because I am dropping down another number. I started at 388 and now I am down to 333 so I am pushing to get to 329 to get out of the 330's. You don't have to set yourself goals, if you do set yourself a goal don't give it a date if you will get disappointed if you don't reach it and then sabotage yourself. Be creative, you can do this!
  • Quote: I basically stole Pxlkitty4's signature, lol. Mini goals could be losing some % of what you want to lose, or making it to a lower tens etc. I tried to set my mini goals for somewhere between losing 3 to 5 pounds.
    Ha! Steal away... I try to make them something I can reach every 2-4 weeks. That gives me little things to celebrate. I never set a date for them in advance. I just log when I reached them.

When I feel like this is taking forever, I can look back and realize how far I've come in a relatively short time.
  • My goal is to get out of the 150's where I've been for more months than I care to mention. After that my goal will be 145 which is a "normal" BMI. From there everything else will just be amazing!
  • I looked in the mirror thismorning and I can actualy tell there is a dif where my back ends and my butt starts!!!! Not just rolls!! I can see some defanition on my lower arms where my muscles are also!! I do not measure but I KNOW I have lost a ton of inches already!

This diet has worked so much better than anything else I have ever been on. I have noticed my thoughts on food are way dif also. When I am around food that smells good I know I can resist it. This may sound strange but I can feel my body energizing about half way through my meals. I totaly understand the concept of eating to fuel the body now. I never thought I would be able to say that in a million years. I will never look at food the way I did before.

Anyone that is having doubts about their loss just keep plugging away. You may not loose real fast but you are also learning new life skills that will keep you healthier in the long run. I hope everyone has a perfect OP DAY
  • Quote: I feel your pain. I also besides the 1st week only lose about 2 lbs a week which I did on ww as well. I've switched to alternative products because to me it wasn't worth the 80+ dollars a week. I'm still losing about the same with alternative. I'm just not losing so much money
    I may have to do that (switch to alternatives) because, I budgeted on the fact that she (the coach) if you don't cheat you will lose 3-5 week, well, if I am not losing that it will take a lot longer to complete the program and that is part of my frustration too, money does not grow on trees ( my mom always used to say that. lol)

I do like the fact that this forum lets you come and vent on your bad days. I am staying with IP for at least 1 more month and then may switch to alternatives, the people that can do this for months must be rich! tee hee
  • oh on a Happy note. My 6 bottles or Torani sugar-free syrup arrived (very quickly) so funny, they are huge, I didn't even check the mls when I ordered, so if anybody lives in the Corning area, I will share with you.