Size? MEDIUM!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I had to run to Costco for work yesterday afternoon and of course, as usual, took a turn through the clothes. I love their clothes, all designer brands, excellent labels, not seconds, flawless, and CHEAP. The downside is, for most stuff they only go up to an XL/18, so I could never shop there before I started losing weight in 2008.

Anyway - saw this super cute top, Ralph Lauren Polo Jeans brand. I picked up the XL, waaay too big. Then I held up an L - hm, it also looked a little too big. So I debated and debated, and finally decided to buy an M. Costco has a very liberal return policy, especially because you can't try it on there.

Took it home, held my breath, tried it on.

IT FITS!!!!!

It's not LOOSE of course, it's fitted, but it's perfectly OK to wear out. (It would help if my boobs were a bit smaller, but whatever.)

When I started this journey I was wearing a size 5X.

MEDIUM!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • that's fantastic!

50 pounds into my journey and i'm still stuck in 3x tops, but i've gone from 24s to 18s and 20s, and can even squeeze into a pair of 16s if i don't care about breathing.

it's an amazing feeling. i bet you're flying!
  • That is such a great feeling. Be sure to remember this when you hit a plateau or a slump or whatever. Congratulations! Well done ! ! !
  • Woo Hoo!! Wtg!!
  • Fantastic! That had to feel *AMAZING* One of my goals is to be able to shop the rack at most any store my little heart desires. I'm a bit of a clothes junkie anyway, so my partner Eric is LESS enthusiastic about this goal.

Good Job! You're an inspiration!

-Kiki
  • Awesome! keep rocking it!
  • Congrats DCHound!!! Wow, MEDIUM!!!
  • Yay!! That fantastic! I had a similar experience with those polo shirts you get at conferences... always had to get a mens XL before and now the smallest they had, a mens M, is a bit too big. SOooo exciting, right?>?
  • SO AWESOME! And I can tell myself - THIS is the reason I am not eating the cupcakes in the breakroom. =)
  • That is total awesomeness! You rock!
  • YEAHHHHHHH!!!! I am so over the roof for you! What an amazing feeling you sexy thang you! Ralph Lauren Polo too....girl you know STYLE! Now take a pic for us in your new MEDIUM clothes! WAHOOOOOOO
  • Don't you just love it when that happens! Congrats! Shopping of the rack in any store is just the best. You are an amazing success story. Keep up the good work.

Two years ago I joined the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member. You get a free members tee-shirt - XL is the only size. I had to give it to my brother because it was way too tight. I joined again this year and the tee is too big! I'm keeping this one, though - this type of shirt can be big and still be ok to wear. It doesn't have to be fitted.

Lin
  • Awesome!!!
    Scale victories are great, but fitting into that littler size is SUCH a rush.
    Yay you!
  • Go DC, go!
  • Yahoo! Such I great feeling. BTW, I could have WRITTEN your post (I'd have to change "medium" to "large" and "Ralph Lauren" to "Jones NY") but this happened to me at Costco last weekend.

I used to be so pleased that I didn't (yet) wear the largest size at Lane Bryant. Now I'm pleased that I wear their smallest size!

If I were you, I'd wear that medium with the size tag on the outside!