Wasn't sure where to put this... (career change)

• have any of you been inspired to change your career based on this whole getting healthy experience? I am a 15 plus year preschool teacher and needless to say burnout level is quite high in my profession and I find myself really enjoying working out and thinking about fitness in general and was thinking about exploring a new career path in fitness/nutrition area...just rambling here but thought I'd see what you all thought about this affecting your job/career...
  • Actually yes, I have found quite a passion for Nutrition particulalry for youth, mostly because the lifestyle change clicked in my head after I had my son, but the changes in myself have been much more positive than I could have imagined.
    I've enrolled in school for holistic nutrition, focussing mostly on Nutrition as a preventative means to illness etc. I've started my courses for the fitness aspect of it as well, I want to be a well rounded person and if I want to inspire others to change their eating habits for a healthier life, I need to be able to teach them the physical part of that as well.

I'm rambling now too lol . . . but I'm definately changing my career path with the new found passion I have found.
  • I've posted this elsewhere but yes, I'm looking into the nursing field. Mostly because I want an active job but also want to make a difference in the health of others.
  • Yes! But not exactly because I'm leaning more toward a career in health and fitness, but because working on my own health and fitness has taught me that I can do so much more with my life! I'm a teacher too... I'll still be in the field of education, but I won't be in a traditional classroom setting anymore.

Although... I was just thinking last night that my spin instructor seriously has the BEST job .
  • Another teacher here, or at least I was. I am seriously considering nutrition and or personal training. I'm also considering becoming a social worker or a mechanic though, so I'm still kinda up in the air.