Newbie!

• Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself My name is Crystal!

My weight gain started with my first child. When I got pregnant the first time I was 120 lbs and I was one of those "I can eat ANYTHING and not gain weight" people. I gained about 40 lbs with my 1st child and It just kind of hung around. I never exercised, never worried about calories. 2 years later I got pregnant again with my daughter and I gained another 20 lbs that I never bothered to try to lose after she was born. I had a 3rd baby, but I was so sick with him that I only gained about 8 lbs with him that I lost immediately after he was born. That was 5 years ago. I am totally sick to death of being this size right now. I see pictures of myself and it makes me nauseous. I know i'll never be as tiny as I was (nor do I want to. I'd like some curves!) but I do need to lose about 40 lbs to be at a healthy weight.

My husband always tries to get me to run & I am totally not a runner at all. Hate it. So, after begging him several months we finally broke down & bought an elliptical. I have been doing it faithfully for 2 weeks now & have been limiting myself to 2460 calories a day and I can already see a difference in my pants. Our scale is broken, so I have no idea if I've lost any lbs...but I'm going to keep sticking with it. I have to. I am only 30 years old and I walk around in pain like an 80 year old.

Sorry for the long post! Hopefully one day I will have a post to contribute to the Goal forum!
  • Welcome to the forums

We're glad to have you! Not everyone is meant to be a runner, so I'm thrilled that you were able to get an elliptical and are exercising with something you enjoy regularly.

There's a Calorie Counters section and a 30-somethings area you might like.

Given time, the weight will come off, and if you stick with sustainable changes it'll stay off in a very healthy way.

You can do this!
  • Welcome!!!! Glad to have you on board!
    Your clothes can be a better indicator of progress than a scale at times, so using that is a great way to see the progression towards where you want to be! I also use an elliptical... I swear I am an addict now, LOL!
  • Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a great start.