Laptop buying advice needed!

• Okay, I am going to college soon to study Biotech Engineering and I need some help deciding what laptop to buy. I don't have a very high budget, I don't want the laptop to be above Rs. 50,000 ($1000).
    Can you all help me? Thank you in advance!
  • I use netbooks generally, which run about $300. They're small and light and have a similar performance to many of the larger laptops, unless you need one for major downloading/video editing, etc.

I recommend Asus eee line. They're generally one of the better and longer lasting netbooks.
  • You can buy a lot of laptops for under $1,000. In fact Best Buy had a deal at one time for a netbook, laptop, and desktop for $1,200 which is what we got.

My first laptop was an Acer and it cost under $500. It kept running so well, that I wound up giving it to an older friend who needed a computer to find work when we got the new computers.
    The one I have now is a HP and on its own, it was like $600.

I'd say to look at HP, Gateway, Dell, Acer, ect online to check out prices and than go shopping from there.
  • I am on my second Toshiba and I use the heck out 'em!

I also have the Ipad II, which would work also.
  • Check out Gateway and Dell, you can certainly find one for less than $1000.
  • I second the Acer suggestion- they have beautiful displays and I bought one in college for less than $400. It lasted longer than any of the laptops I owned previously (that were all AT LEAST double that price).