Dieting, dieting, dieting

• Hi All! I am a 42 year old married woman with no kids, just a fur baby. I have been dieting for the last 8 years. Before that I was skinny. My dad told me I would wake up in my 30s and be overweight and he was right!

I have done low carb, low fat, calorie counting! I have been trying to figure out what way of eating works for me. Atkins probably worked the best but it was pretty darn hard. I am thinking about giving it another try or doing the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. (I am a carb addict!)

One of the reasons I am looking at lower carbs right now is because I have Rosacea. I read that some of it can be controlled through low carb.

I would love to meet some new friends who are interested in starting a new way of eating. I'd love to meet you!!

Windycity
  • Welcome Windycity I think I'd go crazy if I tried Atkins or anything like that, but I've heard a lot of good things about going low carb!

Please look around and feel free to post wherever you're comfortable, and we have lots of different sub-forums and support groups you can join if you're interested. Hope you like it here!
  • Whatever you decide, I wish you well, and welcome to 3FC!
  • let me know what you do decide to do best wishes
  • Thanks for the posts! I agree, Atkins is hard. I did it for a year and kept off 40 lbs. (I lost the first 20 in 2 months)

I have an appointment with yet another dermatologist this afternoon and I am going to discuss a low carb diet to treat the symptoms of Rosacea. Some in the Rosacea community do Anti-inflammatory diets and Atkins is very similar.

I know it is a good way to lose weight. I just haven't figured out a way to do it for more than one year. When I stopped I exercised with a trainer and counted my calories but carbs made me want to eat more carbs.

I am also trying to get my husband to join me. He is trying to eat better. I also have to reread Atkins book. I need to get all the carby foods like low fat popcorn out of my house and fill it with good unprocessed carbs like veggies!

Windy
  • Think of it this way....... "Are you going to eat like this the rest of your life?"