Rhubarb Crumble

• I have rhubarb, but had to buy it frozen, my question is, how would I prepare? Do I still need to cook/boil it? Someone posted about using IP Maple Oatmeal and put on top of rhubarb and put in oven for a "crumble". Do you just pour the IP packet over it???? Want to h ave it for lunch today
  • Quote: I have rhubarb, but had to buy it frozen, my question is, how would I prepare? Do I still need to cook/boil it? Someone posted about using IP Maple Oatmeal and put on top of rhubarb and put in oven for a "crumble". Do you just pour the IP packet over it???? Want to h ave it for lunch today
    You stew the frozen rhubarb in a pot with some splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg (some people put WF Strawberry Syrup in there too). Then you take the maple oatmeal and add a tbsp of margarine or butter and mix it in then crumble it on top and bake it in the oven until the topping is golden.
  • 4 cups chopped rhubarb
    Sprinkle with 1 package stevia
    Sprinkle with cinnamon
    Add 1 TBSP walden farms strawberry spread

Mix above ingredients together in a small casserole dish

Take 1 tsp hard butter, and add to one package IP Maple Oatmeal.
    Crumble with a fork
    Sprinkle overtop of rhubarb mixture
    ( You can omit the butter, I have just had better results with it)

Bake in oven @ 375 for 40 minutes
  • Okay, don't laugh, but the post didn't go up quick enough and I wanted lunch, so I guessed and mixed 2 pkts stevia AND the IP Maple oatmeal, sprayed with spray margarine and baked, turned out like a gooey oatmeal cookie dough, not bad, but definitely NOT a crumble dessert lol!!
  • Quote: Okay, don't laugh, but the post didn't go up quick enough and I wanted lunch, so I guessed and mixed 2 pkts stevia AND the IP Maple oatmeal, sprayed with spray margarine and baked, turned out like a gooey oatmeal cookie dough, not bad, but definitely NOT a crumble dessert lol!!
    Hey at least you experimented and TRIED it! you will get better each time you TRY something new....have FUN with what we can have and you will be surprised!
  • Quote: Hey at least you experimented and TRIED it! you will get better each time you TRY something new....have FUN with what we can have and you will be surprised!
    What was fun was even though it wasn't bad, it was like eating 2 cups of raw cookie dough
  • Quote: What was fun was even though it wasn't bad, it was like eating 2 cups of raw cookie dough
    ok, now you have me wanting to go to the store....lol
  • Quote: ok, now you have me wanting to go to the store....lol
    Well, for pete's sake, fix it the right way
  • I wish I could find some rhubarb (even if it's in the freezer section). So far no luck! Ugh!!
  • Sounds great. I don't know if we have it down here or not.
  • Well I went looking for it and had no luck, will have to go out hunting for it again tomorrow I suppose!
  • Wont the butter effect the weight loss????? Just asking cuz would really like to try theses, but i dont like the butter in this recipe.
  • Yah thats what i was thinking...or does it count as your oil for the day? in place of your 2tsp of olive oil? Or will it count towards your "dairy"?