Clothing advice

• I have been changing shape quite a bit lately and I am not sure if I should keep or get rid of clothes that no longer fit. I have regained weight before so I put my large clothes in bins just in case. I still have sizes from when I was 191 pounds. Tell me what you think?
  • I say get rid of them, keeping them is like saying you will need them again.That does not need to be true. Get to goal and stay there and you will not need or want them.
  • Quote: I have been changing shape quite a bit lately and I am not sure if I should keep or get rid of clothes that no longer fit. I have regained weight before so I put my large clothes in bins just in case. I still have sizes from when I was 191 pounds. Tell me what you think?
    IMHO. Get rid of them. I started at 193 and as of this am 134. If you keep the clothes it's like a crutch something to fall back on. If this is what you want for life then you have to start fresh!! I have been maintaining since May. Good luck on this journey it is an awesome ride.
  • I am doing both. I am a teacher so I have a lot of professional style of clothing. Those items I am putting into a bin and all of my other items that do not fall into that category I am going to donate to charity. My mom recommended me keeping my work clothing because when I get pregnant I might be able to pull some clothes out as I put on weight before my belly really starts to poke out. We'll see if 5 to 10 years down the line I actually do that.. but who knows
  • Thanks so much everyone. I have donated many of my clothes but now is the time to purge myself of the ones I have left. I don't want to use them as a crutch.
  • Jazzie -- you are doing great! I say, donate them! That's what I'm doing -- I have a bag and as I put on clothes that don't fit anymore, that's where they are going.
  • Good for you Jazzie! Enjoy the extra space in your closet! I also donate. I don't want any bridges back to where I was. Only looking ahead from here on out!
  • I agree...donate it all! The only things I am saving are some billowy blouses that will come in handy in the next year or two when I jump into trying for motherhood... no use looking back, look ahead to the joys of this healthier life!
  • Great job on your WL! I say recycle as someone else will benefit as well.