Baking Soda allowed? In pudding cakes?

• Hi...I am addicted to the pudding cakes now. I find that using a little baking soda helps to make them even more like a real chunk of cake. The label states it is a no carb addition, but some times odd things can trigger an insulin response.
    Anyone know?
    Also, someone told me propel water was allowed. Anyone know if that's ok?

Thanks!!
  • Ohhhh, I would like to know about the baking soda as well. I LOVE the pudding cakes, I eat them everyday and would love them to be more "cake like".

I have read several times on the board that Propel is ok, but can't say for sure. I would think like anything else, even though it may be 0/0/0 it should still be used cautiously because it probably contains trace amounts and it will add up. But if you drink 1 after a workout or something, I think you should be ok. I just wouldn't use it replace any of your compulsory water ounces and would probably treat it like coffee- if you have a 16 oz bottle, I would have an extra 16 oz. of regular water. I have the same feelings about WF.
  • This is the stats for Baking Soda:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 100g (~3.5 oz.)
    (Approx. 4.5 Servings/Pound)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 0
    Calories From Fat 0
    %DV
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 27.3mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
    Ingredients

Sodium bicarbonate.
    Storage

Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.

It looks OK to me.
  • Quote: Hi...I am addicted to the pudding cakes now. I find that using a little baking soda helps to make them even more like a real chunk of cake. The label states it is a no carb addition, but some times odd things can trigger an insulin response.
    Anyone know?
    Also, someone told me propel water was allowed. Anyone know if that's ok?

Thanks!!
    The responses here make it seem ok. How much do you use, cuz I'd like ot give it a try.
  • Thanks for the stats on the baking soda...I have experimented now with several different amounts and even up to a teaspoon seems to be fine but I got the best results so far with 1/2 tsp.

I made a yummy cake with the dark chocolate pudding, adding some cinnamon and xylitol sweetner. It was YUMMY.

The vanilla with pumpkin pie spice was pretty good too, there are lots of options.

It has made staying OP alot easier for me. Please share any variations you have enjoyed.

Thanks!!!
  • My favorite combo so far that I have found is the vanilla pudding with vanilla extract, a few pinches of instant coffee, and cinnamon. I also sprinkle cinnamon on top... they taste like delicious little coffee cakes.
    I agree that 1/2 tsp. seems to work the best. I also find that cooking them a little longer helps them be more cake-like.