IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: I don't think chewing gum on the protocol is good. The FDA allows the makers to say sugar free when that actually have a some amount of sugar in. In addition to that, when you chew gum, you secrete saliva and then the stomach may secrete gastric fluids and this get the stomach to prepare for food to be digested. When there is no food that comes you get hungry. And the cycle starts...chew gum...hungry...chew more gum...more hunger pains....more gum...more sugar...less ketosis.
    To each is own, but I have loss over 184lbs, and I have chewed gum since day one. My coach allows it so there for I did it. Everyone is different, chewing gum helped me stay on program, that is all I am suggesting. I did say "if your coach allows you", every clinic is different and has different things they allow, do what works for YOU, This is YOUR journey..that is all I am saying
  • Thank you all for the great support, am on the IP diet for one week and i lost 9lb i luv this diet.

• I tried the Lemon Tofu Pudding and thought it was pretty good. If I used the IP vanilla pudding instead of the protein powder it calls for, would it make it more IP friendly. How much of a change would it make?
    Thanks,
    countrygirl7832
  • A lot of information on IP and a great FAQ section
    This is an interesting site - has a lot of information about IP all in one place. Also, very interesting and informative FAQ section (near the bottom of the list on the left). Many of the questions that people ask here so often can be found there.

http://www.windsorspinecenter.com/se...tional-program

The .pdf version of FAQ:
    http://laportewellness.com/clients/4..._Questions.pdf
  • I just had foot surgery and am off my feet for a few weeks. Losing my appetite but still in Phase I - are there problems with skipping meals and/or protein packs?
  • Quote: I just had foot surgery and am off my feet for a few weeks. Losing my appetite but still in Phase I - are there problems with skipping meals and/or protein packs?
    Yes - you need every calorie you are supposed to get on IP. If you don't have an appetite try sticking to the drink mixes which may not be as filling as some of the other foods. You can also try breaking up your dinner protein if having it all at once is too much. But make sure you get everything in, every day.
  • Hopes to Overcome the Disaster
    Lost 40 pounds before IP (April - July) then started IP in August. Lost an additional 25 pounds on IP. Totally bombed these past 4 weeks by cheating off and on........ Its so tough during the holidays. Although I did not gain the weight back, I have not lost anymore weight. So now I am kicking myself as I get back on track starting with today and will endure the struggles of cravings.... BOO ME!!
  • Make your own IP oatmeal...lower in carbs and higher in protein
    Hello all. I was doing ideal protein for about two months now. It became too expensive for me so I've been trying at making my own high protein/low carb meals. I just made a bowl of oatmeal and it tasted great!! Here's what I did:

1 1/2 scoops of SOY protein powder
    A pinch of Stevia
    1 1/2 tsp quick oats (you can use up to a tablespoon if you'd like)
    6 oz hot water
    A dollop of Walden Farms regular pancake syrup.

How to prepare:
    Mix all ingredients together in bowl until combined. Drizzle some Walden Farms pancake syrup on the top, mix in, and eat!

It's delicious and very low on carbs...and WAAAAAAAy cheaper.
  • Quote: Hello all. I was doing ideal protein for about two months now. It became too expensive for me so I've been trying at making my own high protein/low carb meals. I just made a bowl of oatmeal and it tasted great!! Here's what I did:

1 1/2 scoops of SOY protein powder
    A pinch of Stevia
    1 1/2 tsp quick oats (you can use up to a tablespoon if you'd like)
    6 oz hot water
    A dollop of Walden Farms regular pancake syrup.

How to prepare:
    Mix all ingredients together in bowl until combined. Drizzle some Walden Farms pancake syrup on the top, mix in, and eat!

It's delicious and very low on carbs...and WAAAAAAAy cheaper.
    Just a word of caution though - the oats are NOT IP approved.
  • I'm getting kind of discouraged, in the last two weeks I have only lost 2.4 pounds, but overall I have lost 24.5 inches. Why isn't the weight coming off?. I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. Pounds lost is only 8. What am I doing wrong? My husband is on it with me, he has lost10 pounds in just the last two weeks but not as many inches.
  • Quote: I'm getting kind of discouraged, in the last two weeks I have only lost 2.4 pounds, but overall I have lost 24.5 inches. Why isn't the weight coming off?. I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. Pounds lost is only 8. What am I doing wrong? My husband is on it with me, he has lost10 pounds in just the last two weeks but not as many inches.
    You may want to post this question in the Daily thread, you will get more responses there

Two things offhand to remember though:
    - Week 4/5 can often be a "slowdown week", and how quickly you lose can be greatly affected by how MUCH you have to lose and your body type.

- Men lose at a TOTALLY different rate than women, so you cannot compare his losses to yours. Our bodies are like apples and oranges.
  • hello everyone,
    i know the answer is probably here somewhere but i cant find it, so here it is:
    I have been on IP for about 2 weeks and doing really well, BUT, I have thrown up twice now, both times in the morning. The first time i had taken my vitamins without eating , and my coach said that was why. but this time i hadn't taken my vitamins yet, I had only been awake for about 20 mins, so hadn't eaten yet. Has anyone had this before and can anyone give me any insight, I'm trying to stay dedicated, but this is making it very hard.
  • Quote: hello everyone,
    i know the answer is probably here somewhere but i cant find it, so here it is:
    I have been on IP for about 2 weeks and doing really well, BUT, I have thrown up twice now, both times in the morning. The first time i had taken my vitamins without eating , and my coach said that was why. but this time i hadn't taken my vitamins yet, I had only been awake for about 20 mins, so hadn't eaten yet. Has anyone had this before and can anyone give me any insight, I'm trying to stay dedicated, but this is making it very hard.
    The vitamins made me queasy a few times on an empty stomach so I split them up after some trial and error so try worked for me. Not sure why the other sickness. I hope you get some more feedback. Could you be pregnant?
  • Quote: Here is the June Sheet!!!
    Yep - that is a link to a post on the first page of this thread

Wuv mentioned there is a newer sheet, if someone has a protocol dated after June, it'd be great if you could scan and post!
  • Alternative Plan All Four Phases
    Here are the IP Alternative Plan sheets for diabetics and others for which it has been determined that regular IP is not an option, due to health reasons (kidney, liver function or other reasons why ketosis would be dangerous). All four phases are included.

Many thanks to Ragdoll74 for her research and for posting these!

For newcomers, this is DIFFERENT than using alternative products. Please refer to alternatives thread for more info on alternative products

Please also note these sheets are old. The meat portion is now 8 oz and select veggies have changed. Please refer to the newest P1 protocol to update the changes.