Worried that I'm not eating enough?

• Hi everyone! I'm new here.
    I just started the Atkins diet a week ago and I've lost 5lbs so far. For once in my life, I've finally found the will power to do this. I'm determined this time (maybe a bit too determined) to lose this weight.
    My problem is, I'm worried that I'm not eating enough to continue to lose weight (or maybe I'm just being impatient.) Let me know what y'all think. I just feel like the weight should be coming off faster.
    Here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast: Atkins shake OR 2 slices of bacon & 2 eggs
    Snack: raw veggies & water with crystal light added.
    Lunch: If I didn't have the shake in the morning, I have one for lunch. Otherwise, I have a side salad with 2 Tbs ranch, grilled chicken or steak. & water to drink.
    Snack: Hot green tea with Splenda, 1 slice of cheese, piece of a red pepper or some other raw veggie.
    Dinner: Big salad with cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, 2 Tbs Ranch with grilled steak or chicken.
    OR I might just have a hamburger pattie, slice of cheese with a side salad.
  • 5 lbs in a week is great progress! Don't sweat how much your losing and how quickly - instead celebrate that you ARE losing and sticking to plan. Stress and fretting over nothing are you enemies as you lose weight!
  • WOW Peanutt!! Look at the progress you have made!! Congrats on your loss!!

You're right, I just need to hang in there and keep plugging along. I just get impatient sometimes. I have to remind myself, it didn't take a few weeks to put this weight on, so it's not going to come off as quick as I would like it to. It's going to be a slow, but worthwhile journey.

Thanks for your reply!