IP Daily Chat, Wednesday, 7/20

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going
    That's hilarious! Hope you don't have security cameras at work. Might make for a funniest video shot!!
  • Good morning!
    First day down. Stayed OP all day, drank my water, but my lunch wasnt so great...choked down my salad. It wasnt my usual, I was out of spinach, so maybe thats why??

I was feeling a little tired toward the evening and ready to have dinner. I made a stir fry with bok choy, celery, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli and 6 oz of chicken breast. It was great!

Here is my update:
    Monday 7/18/11 -200.0 lbs
    Tuesday 7/19/11 -196.4 lbs
    Wednesday 7/20/11 - 193.8

Down 6.2, I like that! Looking at this number should give me an extra push if I get those withdrawl symptoms today! This week can be challenging (headaches, thinking of carbs, Diet Pepsi, etc.)

Does anyone get queasy taking thier vitamins. I have never been a good vitamin taker and even after eating light, I still get nauseaus. In fact, I am feeling like that just talking about it...ick! Any ideas?

Have a great OP day everyone!
    Hugs,
    Leah
  • [QUOTE=jennydoodle;3946612]
    #1: I did not get on the scale except for my official WI. I forced myself to stay off the scale to avoid any stress that comes along with seeing fluctuating numbers. I just stayed OP and let the plan do it's thing.QUOTE]

I need to do this and always say I will but I find a reason I need to peek most days. I will try harder next week. Or maybe even put it away this time.

Way to go on your weigh in. You can do 3.6!
  • Quote: I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

This may not sound right but, that's awesome. Love pants that are too big!

That is so funny! I have been walking around pulling up my pants every few steps too. Something about this diet makes you lose inches so quickly. You are lucky it didn't happen in the parking lot.
  • Last week, I maintained when it was time to weigh in. I knew that I had followed IP protocol 100%. I didn't let it discourage me because as women our body does strange things when it comes to losing weight. I go in this morning to weigh in and thankfully the woosh fairy visited me. I lost 6.2 pounds this week. So I have lost 37.2 pounds in 12 weeks. I am truly loving IP.
  • Quote: Last week, I maintained when it was time to weigh in. I knew that I had followed IP protocol 100%. I didn't let it discourage me because as women our body does strange things when it comes to losing weight. I go in this morning to weigh in and thankfully the woosh fairy visited me. I lost 6.2 pounds this week. So I have lost 37.2 pounds in 12 weeks. I am truly loving IP.
    Yea Louisana Chick!! I am going to try and remember all the woosh posts. ....my 1st WI is Friday. I have been OP all week except for 1 tsp French's fried onions and 10 sea salt peanuts.......My accountability partner is all over thought, said "Don't plan to cheat", soooo, reading posts more often to stay on track, not really a huge cheat though, hoping it won't kill the 1st WI...
  • Quote: I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop
    I think all of us ladies on here have had TOM issues, especially on this diet, and can sympathize. I have been told the same things that you have about fat storing estrogen and that being released all at once when you lose weight quickly. My coach suggested I go on a birth control pill to regulate everything, but I decided against it since last time I was on the pill I gained weight.
    Honestly I would just say, for me at least, the stellar weight loss outweighs the annoyance of irregular or overly long TOM's. I look at it like this: It's a nuisance now, but so is not eating what I want and having to prepare so much more food than I used to. And it is not for forever. Weight loss is my priority, so I am not going to let my monthly visitor make me quit. I would say stick to the program.

Hahaha! I love this. If you needed any proof the diet was working this would be it. Time for new pants, I think... or at least a new belt. Glad nobody saw you. With my luck it would have been in front of a million people.
  • Quote: Last week, I maintained when it was time to weigh in. I knew that I had followed IP protocol 100%. I didn't let it discourage me because as women our body does strange things when it comes to losing weight. I go in this morning to weigh in and thankfully the woosh fairy visited me. I lost 6.2 pounds this week. So I have lost 37.2 pounds in 12 weeks. I am truly loving IP.
    You guys need to send her my way. Please! I won't keep her long. Maybe just a couple weeks.
  • Quote: You guys need to send her my way. Please! I won't keep her long. Maybe just a couple weeks.
    Just keep your eye on the final prize and the woosh fairy will visit you. She doesn't visit all the time but it sure it is nice when she is around. I would love to share her with everyone on these boards.
  • Quote: I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop

I have hypothyriodism and need to avoid soy. There r products here with low or no soy. I does limit what I have. Although thus is only my thrid day OP I feel great. Work with your counselor to find the low/no soy products. Good luck.

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today. That's a good sign IP is working for you.....when your drawers fall off
  • Wow. Just read my last post That had tons of typos! I am using my Droid and the keyboard is not forgiving! Please excuse my lacks d skills
  • Okay, drinkning my Leek soup, made soup, put 1.5 C steamed broccoli and 1/2 cup bok choy (left from what I paid $7.35 for this weekend to stay OP!!!!!!!!!)some onion powder or salt (don't remember), sea salt, garlic powder and blended away, then in microwave for 1 minute....Pretty good! Prefer drinking it to eating with a spoon. How bad would the regular salt mess you up OP? Anyone know?