Friend's bday dinner tonight...help!

• Going to sonnys tonight for a birthday dinner...I know, not fancy, but out nonetheless... I know the BBQ sauce is a no no, but what should I get so I am being a op as possible? I'm thinking the turkey and salad bar...help?!

I am getting a little discouraged...I am not into day 4 of phase 2 and have actually gained a pound...maybe I should do the phase 1.5 like a lot of you a doing...what would that mean?

Thanks so much for the support here...it is great!
  • Turkey and salad bar sounds perfect!

Try not to get discouraged, just about everyone has a slight gain when starting phase 2. Whenever you add back any carbs, some water will come back too. It takes a bit for things to level out.

I am almost 4 months into SBD and for weight loss still only have one to two fruits a day, one grain and one glass of wine as my carbs. That's me, you might be able to tolerate more. Also I am not a grain lover so one a day is fine for me, I prefer having more fruit. Also the salt on my cashews was causing a stall and getting unsalted worked that out.

So it will take a little bit of trial and error to figure what your body responds too and what stalls it. The water retaining issue does definitely mask real weight loss and can get you discouraged. After I gave up the salt on the cashews, woosh, two pounds fell off!
  • I went to a friends Birthday Dinner last Friday and it was so hard too.. I have never been to Sonny's or heard of it since I am on the West Coast. But I went to Johnny Rebs which sounds like the same kind of food.. I did season vegtables and chicken with no BBQ sauce.. You can always tell the waitress you are on a strict diet which allows no sugar.. enough people have food allergies they are very accomadating at least in California.. Not too sure about other places and Good Luck.. It is so hard to see everyone else eating good old southern bbq!
  • It also looks like if you go to Sonnys website you can click on Nutritional Information and get the stats on their entire menu. While it doesn't list the ingredients you can at least take a look at the fat and sugar breakdown so you don't get tricked into thinking you are ordering something good that is loaded with sugar (like lots of sauces and dressings). Oh and sodium too, while not something we look too closely at on SB, it can cause water retention, bloating, and stall weight loss.
  • Here are some of the options I'd feel comfortable going with:

Caesar Salad with Chargrilled Chicken, no croutons with FF ranch dressing on the side

Baked sweet potato, condiments on the side with the Charbroiled chicken, pulled chicken or turkey (you can even bring your own BBq sauce if you want!)
  • Thanks, all! I feel better going into this knowing what to do!
    I'll let you know how it all turns out...I have to say no to birthday cake
  • I did wonderfully! Turkey and salad bar...yummy!
  • Good Job RyleesMommy!! Doesn't it feel so liberating to be able to say no to bad stuff!!??