Back and more determined than ever!!

• Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've been here, I thought I'd better reintroduce myself. I see a few familiar faces but mostly new ones--and I read a lot more than I posted before anyway. I never really did join the 20s forum, just kinda posted here and there, but I'll have to do that this time! Anyway, I'm Rainy, and I lost 60 pounds from November of 2009 to August of 2010. My initial inspiration was not only to do it for myself and my twins (now 5), but also for my wedding, which was July 10th of last year. However, at the end of September I found out I was pregnant with our third and final baby, who will be three months old soon. I also lost my grandma May 28th, and we were very close, so I'm trying to not turn to food for solace. My grandma was my biggest weight loss cheerleader, so a big part of my dedication to this is in tribute to/memory of my grandma.

I'm at 236 pounds now, so I'll be adjusting my ticker and changing my picture. I'm calorie counting, power-walking with jogging intervals in a very hilly neighborhood for one hour four days a week with my best friend, and doing Biggest Loser DVDs (currently Cardio Max and Power Sculpt) 2 to 3 times a week. I am using the MyFitnessPal app on my Android phone to track food and exercise, and love it!

Glad to be back, and I'm very excited to get my journey restarted. I know HOW to do this so I know I CAN do this! Excited to give and get motivation and support! Thanks Chicks!!
  • As an aside--I chose the same ticker set-up this time because I was SO close to those happy faces last time, and I want to get to those darn things!!
  • Ooops--one more thing--is it possible to have two ticker things that you move on the same tracker? If so I can just erase my second tracker and have both pre and post-baby on the same one...thanks!
  • Hi Rainy! again. I've taken brakes from weight loss only to gain, but it looks like you've had a lot going on! Good for you for nipping it all in the bud and getting back on track! I'm so glad you're back, even though I didn't know you before....I look forward to seeing you around.
  • Hey! I'm new here, but Welcome back!!
    I also am doing those same Biggest loser DVDs, but with Just Dance on the Wii in addition! I really love it. Even sometimes
    on the weekends I can get my hubby to do them with me! I just went on to the 2nd level and I was bushed afterwards!
    Omigosh! But totally worth it! And congrats on the 60lbs!
  • Back!! Good luck with your efforts! YOU can do it!!
  • Thank you all so much!!
  • Welcome back, Rainydays!
  • Thanks!