Running w/ Ear buds

• Ok, I need some advice. I am a runner. I LOVE running to music. It motivates me, for sure. But I am constantly having to push the ear buds back in my ear because they are always slipping out. It's not that they are too small... it's cuz of my SWEATY EARS!!! lol. I know that's gross but holy crap... they sweat so much. What other options do I have? I don't want to wear big, bulky ear phones while running. It's just not realistic. Anyone have suggestions?
  • I like cheap-o headband earphones. Lightweight, nothing to mess with once they're on, easy to replace when the foam gets gross from sweat.
  • I wish I could run with ear buds but I run alone and my hubby's always going on and on about being careful/aware of my surroundings. I would go with the cheap suggestion that way you don't feel like your wasting your hard-earned money.
  • There was a thread a few months ago that might help:

Earbuds that stay in place
  • I found the best earbuds in the world. They look like this. Not the same brand but the same idea. They are not foam but rubbery (made-up word). I cannot wear the traditional earbuds and even the marshmallow buds (foam) continuously fell out of my ears.

• Thanks everyone. I will check out your suggestions. Right now I am using Skull Candy ear buds. I forget what model they are.
  • I am using skull candy too and they slip out too even though they got really good ratings.
  • I just got these earbuds from Amazon and I love them. The good thing is that if the buds start to slip out, there is still a hook around your ear to keep them from falling out and they are very comfortable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BT6BM8
  • I can't stand the skull candy ones I have.. so uncomfortable! I love the JVC marshmallow ones I have. the only times I've had them fall out was when I've dropped my mp3 player out of my pocket and it tugged them out.
  • These are the ones I have:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-H...1099531&sr=1-1

They go over your ears like sunglasses. Earbuds just don't stay in my ears at all! These ones are great!
  • Quote: These are the ones I have:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-H...1099531&sr=1-1

They go over your ears like sunglasses. Earbuds just don't stay in my ears at all! These ones are great!
    This is what I have! Love them. They fit perfectly around my ears, and there's zero chance of them slipping out. I usually get pretty darn sweaty when I work out, and my earbuds would ALWAYS come out. I hated fussing when I would be on the treadmill, using my shirt to wipe excess sweat out of my ears to make them stay. These ones are perfect!
  • Quote: These are the ones I have:
    I have some similar to this. I also like them because I can still hear what's going on around me, and I can adjust them to hug my ear, or have a little room, or even slide them over hte nick of my sirt if I want one ear open. (sometimes I run on the school track, and I don't want to get run over by the football team. Someday I'll give someone the wrong grade and it'll happen!)
  • Quote: This is what I have! Love them. They fit perfectly around my ears, and there's zero chance of them slipping out. I usually get pretty darn sweaty when I work out, and my earbuds would ALWAYS come out. I hated fussing when I would be on the treadmill, using my shirt to wipe excess sweat out of my ears to make them stay. These ones are perfect!
    Same! And I have multiple piercings in my ears so they don't actually even go in my ears and they still stay on!
  • ok, depending on what youre willing to spend.... (alot)? i have the exact same problem and it is truly one of the most annoying things when i run........ i invested in earbuds (30-40 bux?) they go OVER regular ear buds (like what come with ipods)... the great things... whatever they are made of, not ONLY gets "stickier" when they are wet, but also EXPAND when they get hot...VOILA! the greatest investment ive ever made

http://www.yurbuds.com/
    i have the blue, cheaper pair at the bottom..... worth every penny