Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3

You're on Page 29 of 35
Go to
  • This looks AWESOME!!!! My kids love dirty rice and I've been hankering to make it! Thank you!

Quote: Dirty Rice

In order to make it ip friendly I add the onions raw at the end.
    I divey the end result for 3 veggie servings, and top with ground turkey....great when you need a change of pace

2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup white onion, diced
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    1 cup green pepper, diced
    1 cup red pepper, diced
    1 bunch scallions, chopped
    3 cups cauliflower, riced with your food processor or box grated
    1 teaspoon fresh thyme
    1 bay leaf
    ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    ¼ teaspoon chili powder
    ½ teaspoon cumin
    2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock (thanks Mary)
    Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet
    Add garlic, onion, celery, peppers and scallions; saute until soft
    Stir in riced cauliflower, adding thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, chili and cumin
    Add in the chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
    Allow to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or so or until liquid is cooked down
  • Quote: Dirty Rice

In order to make it ip friendly I add the onions raw at the end.
    I divey the end result for 3 veggie servings, and top with ground turkey....great when you need a change of pace

2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup white onion, diced
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    1 cup green pepper, diced
    1 cup red pepper, diced
    1 bunch scallions, chopped
    3 cups cauliflower, riced with your food processor or box grated
    1 teaspoon fresh thyme
    1 bay leaf
    ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    ¼ teaspoon chili powder
    ½ teaspoon cumin
    2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock (thanks Mary)
    Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet
    Add garlic, onion, celery, peppers and scallions; saute until soft
    Stir in riced cauliflower, adding thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, chili and cumin
    Add in the chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
    Allow to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or so or until liquid is cooked down
    This looks amazing, I live in cajun country, this should help fill a little void, thank you!
  • I was just placing my weekly order at Nashanutirion and I just noticed on the right side of their page is a recipe link. Have to say alot of them sound really yummy! the fried chicken is on my list for this week!
  • This is a nice additional when you need ketchup. I prefer making it over buying with preservatives

Homemade ketchup
    1 small can (384 mL/12 oz) of plain, sugar-free tomato sauce
    1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
    2 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider)
    3/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    a pinch of ground cloves
    1/4 tsp allspice*Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool and transfer to container and then into fridge.

You can add some stevia, jalapeño peppers, etc

*This recipe omits the sugar/artificial sweetener. Also, this does not last as long as store bought (no preservatives) so its good for a few weeks

According to my calculations, here’s the nutrition info:
    Serving size: 1 tbsp
    Calories: 6.3
    Carbohydrates: 1.4g
    Fiber: 0.38g
  • Quote: I was just placing my weekly order at Nashanutirion and I just noticed on the right side of their page is a recipe link. Have to say alot of them sound really yummy! the fried chicken is on my list for this week!
    I never noticed that. Thanks for the tip!
  • Quote: This is a nice additional when you need ketchup. I prefer making it over buying with preservatives

Homemade ketchup
    1 small can (384 mL/12 oz) of plain, sugar-free tomato sauce
    1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
    2 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider)
    3/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    a pinch of ground cloves
    1/4 tsp allspice*Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool and transfer to container and then into fridge.

You can add some stevia, jalapeño peppers, etc

*This recipe omits the sugar/artificial sweetener. Also, this does not last as long as store bought (no preservatives) so its good for a few weeks

According to my calculations, here’s the nutrition info:
    Serving size: 1 tbsp
    Calories: 6.3
    Carbohydrates: 1.4g
    Fiber: 0.38g
    TFP! This is a lot cheaper than buying it in-store.
  • Quote: I was just placing my weekly order at Nashanutirion and I just noticed on the right side of their page is a recipe link. Have to say alot of them sound really yummy! the fried chicken is on my list for this week!
    Going to check them out now...
  • Mock Potato Salad

Ingredients:

·******** 1 medium head cauliflower (about 4 cups/1 quart florets)
    ·******** 2 hard-boiled eggs
    ·******** 1 medium stalk celery, minced (including leaves)
    ·******** ½ cup chopped green pepper ( I don’t like them, excluded them J)
    ·******** 2 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
    ·******** 1/3 cup mayonnaise ( homemade or walden farms variety)
    ·******** 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (brown or yellow)
    ·******** 1 teaspoon lemon juice
    ·******** ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    ·******** ¼ teaspoon onion powder
    ·******** 1-2 drops hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
    ·******** 2 tablespoons sugar-free pickle relish or dill relish, or chopped sugar-free pickle
    ·******** Salt and pepper
    ·******** Fresh herbs (optional)

You can also add radishes, peppers, or hot peppers
    Preparation:

1) Break or chop the cauliflower into smallish florets. If they are too big, they're difficult to cook so that they have the right "bite" and flavor - the outside tends to overcook. *( I do four and ½ minutes in the micorwave)
    2) Microwave florets in a covered container with a small amount of water, or steam on the stove. I've never tried boiling, but cauliflower tends to hold on to water, so I'm a little skeptical. You want them to be fork-tender (a fork slips in easily), but not overcooked (avoiding the stronger smell and flavor which develops with longer cooking).

3) Drain and put into a medium bowl. Chop the egg and add. Toss with salt and pepper. I like quite a bit of pepper, and it does seem to take a surprising amount of salt, but this would be to taste.

4) Mix the ingredients for the dressing (mayo, lemon juice, spices, etc.). Taste for the balance of flavors you like. Mix the chopped vegetables and the dressing into the cauliflower and egg mixture. Add chopped fresh herbs if you wish - chives, dill, or parsley work well, but I've even used mint for something different. Garnish with the herb, or sprinkle with paprika. Chill.
  • Lime and Chili Rub Chicken
    Lime and Chili Rub Chicken

2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon spoonable brown sugar splenda
    2 teaspoons grated lime peel
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
    2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
    • Step 1 Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix chili powder, brown sugar splenda, lime peel, salt, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with oil, then with spice mixture.
    • Step 2 Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
  • Quote: Lime and Chili Rub Chicken

2 teaspoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons spoonable brown sugar splenda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    • Step 1 Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix chili powder, brown sugar splenda, lime peel, salt, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with oil, then with spice mixture.
    • Step 2 Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
    sounds yummmmy i didn't even know splenda had brown sugar!!!
    yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bump
  • Quote: http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php

I found this PDF Recipe file and saved for my references. Thought i would share it...most recipes are okay for all IP phases but read carefully cause there's a few for only the later phases.
    I wondered if anyone had posted this website for recipes. Wow, it's a good one!
  • Slow Cooker Roast Beef

I made this after finding the link below, and it was awesome! I forgot the pepper but didn't miss it. I used less-sodium soy sauce and it was plenty salty. Ohhh so good, and easy - we'll be making this again! (The original recipe says to cook on low for 22 hrs, but I was skeptical and went with 8 hrs and it was wonderful). The soup mix has 8 carbs per packet, but this gets so diluted I think what you consume is less than .5 carb per serving.

3 pounds beef chuck roast
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
    2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
    Directions:
    1. Pour the soy sauce and dry onion soup mix into the slow cooker. Mix well. Place chuck roast into slow cooker. Add water until the top 1/2 inch of the roast is not covered. Add the fresh ground pepper over the top. 2. Cover and cook on low for 8 - 22 hours.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/P...il&&Servings=6
  • Quote: Lime and Chili Rub Chicken

2 teaspoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons spoonable brown sugar splenda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Just a note about Splenda Brown Sugar - it does contain 'real' Brown Sugar, although you only need 1/2 the amount for the same 'sweetness' as Normal Brown Sugar, a comparison between the two:

Splenda Brown Sugar
    Serving size 1/2 tsp (2g)
    Calories 10
    Carbs 2g
    Sugar 2g

Normal Brown Sugar
    Serving size 1 tsp (4g)
    Calories 17
    Carbs 4g
    Sugar 4g
  • Quote: Just a note about Splenda Brown Sugar - it does contain 'real' Brown Sugar, although you only need 1/2 the amount for the same 'sweetness' as Normal Brown Sugar, a comparison between the two:

Splenda Brown Sugar
    Serving size 1/2 tsp (2g)
    Calories 10
    Carbs 2g
    Sugar 2g

Normal Brown Sugar
    Serving size 1 tsp (4g)
    Calories 17
    Carbs 4g
    Sugar 4g
    Thanks Liz! I'm going to amend my recipe since I replaced it t. for t.